GTG Update & a little OT content >> 9 hours at Disney with 2 children is ENOUGH >>&g

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

GTG Update & a little OT content >> 9 hours at Disney with 2 children is ENOUGH >>&g

HammerHammer
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 2:46 am #1

To make me SCREAM And >>> no wifi at Howard Johnson's Anaheim

Geeday mates ,, this is NOT the post Id like it too be but it's a start for now at least

Well I've barely had time to wipe the sweat from moi brow , im beyond buggered fo sure , as the final stage of our trip is upon us ,, thats the part where i have to give my wife n kids the best holiday EVER ,, soooooo pls forgive me for me bad spelling (wats new) ,, and poor grammar (yeah another surprise right) but I didn't want to wait any longer to fire off this post which will have 2 to do till were back in the land down under , then I will truly have time to better express my feelings and the emotions ,, I've been blown blown blown AWAY  

M8TES is Bloody GR8

Surely the stand out thing for me was that my family had the chance to feel wat I do , REALLY feel the LOVE ,, no doubt the best was watching them enjoy the risti's ,, just as I do and sharing such an amazing & life changing time with all , I was ever so PROUD to have them by my side as all of u have been since the day I found the passion and community that is paneristi , we've been on this journey together since day 1 and will be till the bitter but sweet end

They sacrifice allot for the crazy love of my brand ,, Panerai and albeit I think they felt it before but now >>>>

They REALLY get it , so much more than just a watch u bet

A mate summed it up pretty bloody well in a mail the other day , finding the courage & strength to speak out from my heart for the last time about the 3 years of hell we've been through was not easy , many new mates had not heard the whole story only bits n pieces here n there ,, and I was surprised since landing in cali to have risti asking me about how I had my accident ,  wat has life like livin with a COMPLETE HIGH BREAK PARAPLEGIA ,, I wanted once and for all to start at the start ,, and finish at the finish ,, and in doing so bring the closure I've been wanting/needing and dreaming about for so very long ,, too log in fact

Sometimes letting it all hang out is exactly the therapy that enables us to move forward and start a new , dats exactly wat it meant for me , I knew my jabber was being recorded and if anyone was ever crazy bored and inclined ?? I hope one day it can be found somewhere out there in the cyber world so that anyone wanting fwiw to learn the history can , I hope never again to have to speak about it in any other form than past tense , I've got the rest of my life to concentrate on now & the future moving forward  

Thank u all soooooooooooo berry much 4 affording me the oppertunity to speak !!!!! It really healed my soul ,, u could never know !!!!! Telling the story gave me the chance to finally let it all go , and I did just that on 10-04-10 , I found my self the day after the gtg (my 1st day of my 45th year) with a new chapter of my life to start , the pages empty , ready to be written

As these words start this new and possibly last chapter of my life ,, right here and now I'm so excited and happy that I can finally say "I would not change a thing" about the accident and injury ,, can u imagine how that feels ??? CAN U ???? 

The accident has given me chances and opportunities Id have never had otherwise ,, and I've found passion ,, love and emotions Id have never known or felt had that fateful day in November 2006 ,, not have happened

I canne believe i can honestly say that , but in so many ways im happy it happened , i wouldnt change a thing ,, even if i could >>> i know now an intense and earth moving LOVE & a sense of FAMILY that i can barely come to terms with and ,, on so many levels ,, it touches my soul ,, my heart and all that i am , have been and will be

On the watch front I always try to add sentiment to my watches , it makes them even more special ,, last year I decided I had to change my life or die trying , I nearly gave up and felt ashamed ,  the worst year of my life including the year i spent most of in a spinal ward ,, I wanted/needed to make 2010 the best year of my life , SURELY it has been just so , i planned my future ,, set dates & events to make it all happen , my return to the surf in january was something I could never describe ,, my 10th wedding anniversary in feb meant the WORLD to me as 3 of those years were after the accident , my bday GTG was the most awesome bday of my life ,, and it just gets better with each month

I made the date of april 11th the day for everything else to start new , it is so written

Watches ,, well i must say i do have a small interest in these things

I bought 5 watches to share this trip and the experiences that came with , the choice was easy , my Grail (remembering i am NOT a multiple grail abuser hahahaha ) my Vintage Panerai ref 6154 , mon Zero like my Hero , da BIG Bugger 285 (my wife calls it my TOUGH watch (of course the alfa bravo in me digs dat) ,, the watch my bride gave me for our 10th wedding anniversary (WOW) and of course the watch i have worn more than any other in my life  >> she has copped a FLOGGING and keeps striking a chord in me like no other ,, oui the KING of the Bling Bling ,, Pimp Daddy 140 ,, Carbon Critter ,, each watch unique 4 me and each ,, now with more sentiment and memories , when I will strap em on in this new chapter and glance upon I will remember so many MAGIC moments from this trip ,, Panerai over powers me with PASSION ,, and that said passion rules me (when the misses doesn't) ,, I hope when I am home to share some more watch related stuff from this trip in detail , well u know ,, I'm nutz about my watches and more over the people & family behind them , every time I look upon these watches I will remember so much more than just the watch  

I REALLY REALLY want to thank so many people I don't know where to start , from the organizers of the gtg , Kia , Ravi , Mike , Micah , Craig , Ride & Eddie >>> U buggers blew us ALL away , the biggest n best GTG I've ever been to >> Period

To all my mates that came to San Diego and those that shared the journey with us right here THANK U THANK U & THANK U

BillS100 >>>  I'm so happy and appreciative for ur help and assistance with my shoulders , words simply can't explain how grateful I am ,, my busted shoulders really hurt the quality of my life , it sucks , ohhhhhhh and gregko , watch out mate !!!! U knocked me for a 6 but beware >>> I got ur bday date now

A quick question fwiw , would anyone know where I can store my car , the only bugger is that it is for >>> 2 years

My cheese n kisses (misses) has given us the green light to come back every 2 years >>  it will be our family holiday we will save ,, dream and look forward to >> YAHOOOOOOOO that will keep rocking me fo sure but I do need to find a place for the red sled , dun suppose anyone would have any suggestions ?? Bugger to have to ask but Id sure love some good oil ???

I won't close with any M8tes is Gr8 comments or it's so Much MORE than just a watch , or the watch is just the GPS to find the mates & families behind the watches , I won't close with anything like that

No because ,, I just did

Love ya's ALL my risti brothers n sisters , my community , my family , my life

April 11th 2010 Da first day of the rest of my life , paramount n proud u bet

I've also decided on behalf of ALL the risti the world over to present the Panerai museum with the most special Pre V watch I own , it's the sexiest beauty ever , the very first Slytech Prototype # 1 ,, Numero Uno of all the Sly's both "Past & Present" i think the relationship Panerai had with Sly was really significant thus upon my departure from this earthly world she will be delivered & hopefully on display for all the future risti to be able to see ,, I hope Sig Bonati will view this as my heartfelt appreciation for the MAGIC that he has created with our brand , and within me ,, imho Panerai has an identity like no other , history rich in honor and courage , he has been at the helm since day 1 and with him steering the course I can rest assured that there will be smooth sailing ahead  

Millie Grazie Sig Bonati , Alexandra , Chad & Patrizia and ALL the team behind  *MY* brand >>> PANERAI ! 

I know I owe soooooooo many emails ,, tex's and voicemails ,, I hope to get some done just asap

Sent from my iPad

Btw I'm soooooooooo  Enjoying da iPad , u bet , tanks 2 the Fab 3:-))

PS ..... Universal Studios tomorrow ,, our father give me strength ,, god bless and keep us all

Sent from my iPad

So much MORE than just a Watch ....................... BBQ & Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers & Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

kcutler
Paneristi
kcutler
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:02 am #2

I have a feeling my above sentiments are shared by many!

Hang tough? Naw, just hang

Kevin

Indianapolis, IN

tsunami2000
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:09 am #3

Geeday mates ,, this is NOT the post Id like it too be but it's a start for now at least

Well I've barely had time to wipe the sweat from moi brow , im beyond buggered fo sure , as the final stage of our trip is upon us ,, thats the part where i have to give my wife n kids the best holiday EVER ,, soooooo pls forgive me for me bad spelling (wats new) ,, and poor grammar (yeah another surprise right) but I didn't want to wait any longer to fire off this post which will have 2 to do till were back in the land down under , then I will truly have time to better express my feelings and the emotions ,, I've been blown blown blown AWAY  

M8TES is Bloody GR8

Surely the stand out thing for me was that my family had the chance to feel wat I do , REALLY feel the LOVE ,, no doubt the best was watching them enjoy the risti's ,, just as I do and sharing such an amazing & life changing time with all , I was ever so PROUD to have them by my side as all of u have been since the day I found the passion and community that is paneristi , we've been on this journey together since day 1 and will be till the bitter but sweet end

They sacrifice allot for the crazy love of my brand ,, Panerai and albeit I think they felt it before but now >>>>

A mate summed it up pretty bloody well in a mail the other day , finding the courage & strength to speak out from my heart for the last time about the 3 years of hell we've been through was not easy , many new mates had not heard the whole story only bits n pieces here n there ,, and I was surprised since landing in cali to have risti asking me about how I had my accident ,  wat has life like livin with a COMPLETE HIGH BREAK PARAPLEGIA ,, I wanted once and for all to start at the start ,, and finish at the finish ,, and in doing so bring the closure I've been wanting/needing and dreaming about for so very long ,, too log in fact

Sometimes letting it all hang out is exactly the therapy that enables us to move forward and start a new , dats exactly wat it meant for me , I knew my jabber was being recorded and if anyone was ever crazy bored and inclined ?? I hope one day it can be found somewhere out there in the cyber world so that anyone wanting fwiw to learn the history can , I hope never again to have to speak about it in any other form than past tense , I've got the rest of my life to concentrate on now & the future moving forward  

Thank u all soooooooooooo berry much 4 affording me the oppertunity to speak !!!!! It really healed my soul ,, u could never know !!!!! Telling the story gave me the chance to finally let it all go , and I did just that on 10-04-10 , I found my self the day after the gtg (my 1st day of my 45th year) with a new chapter of my life to start , the pages empty , ready to be written

As these words start this new and possibly last chapter of my life ,, right here and now I'm so excited and happy that I can finally say "I would not change a thing" about the accident and injury ,, can u imagine how that feels ??? CAN U ???? 

The accident has given me chances and opportunities Id have never had otherwise ,, and I've found passion ,, love and emotions Id have never known or felt had that fateful day in November 2006 ,, not have happened

I canne believe i can honestly say that , but in so many ways im happy it happened , i wouldnt change a thing ,, even if i could >>> i know now an intense and earth moving LOVE & a sense of FAMILY that i can barely come to terms with and ,, on so many levels ,, it touches my soul ,, my heart and all that i am , have been and will be

On the watch front I always try to add sentiment to my watches , it makes them even more special ,, last year I decided I had to change my life or die trying , I nearly gave up and felt ashamed ,  the worst year of my life including the year i spent most of in a spinal ward ,, I wanted/needed to make 2010 the best year of my life , SURELY it has been just so , i planned my future ,, set dates & events to make it all happen , my return to the surf in january was something I could never describe ,, my 10th wedding anniversary in feb meant the WORLD to me as 3 of those years were after the accident , my bday GTG was the most awesome bday of my life ,, and it just gets better with each month

I made the date of april 11th the day for everything else to start new , it is so written

I bought 5 watches to share this trip and the experiences that came with , the choice was easy , my Grail (remembering i am NOT a multiple grail abuser hahahaha ) my Vintage Panerai ref 6154 , mon Zero like my Hero , da BIG Bugger 285 (my wife calls it my TOUGH watch (of course the alfa bravo in me digs dat) ,, the watch my bride gave me for our 10th wedding anniversary (WOW) and of course the watch i have worn more than any other in my life  >> she has copped a FLOGGING and keeps striking a chord in me like no other ,, oui the KING of the Bling Bling ,, Pimp Daddy 140 ,, Carbon Critter ,, each watch unique 4 me and each ,, now with more sentiment and memories , when I will strap em on in this new chapter and glance upon I will remember so many MAGIC moments from this trip ,, Panerai over powers me with PASSION ,, and that said passion rules me (when the misses doesn't) ,, I hope when I am home to share some more watch related stuff from this trip in detail , well u know ,, I'm nutz about my watches and more over the people & family behind them , every time I look upon these watches I will remember so much more than just the watch  

I REALLY REALLY want to thank so many people I don't know where to start , from the organizers of the gtg , Kia , Ravi , Mike , Micah , Craig , Ride & Eddie >>> U buggers blew us ALL away , the biggest n best GTG I've ever been to >> Period

To all my mates that came to San Diego and those that shared the journey with us right here THANK U THANK U & THANK U

BillS100 >>>  I'm so happy and appreciative for ur help and assistance with my shoulders , words simply can't explain how grateful I am ,, my busted shoulders really hurt the quality of my life , it sucks , ohhhhhhh and gregko , watch out mate !!!! U knocked me for a 6 but beware >>> I got ur bday date now

A quick question fwiw , would anyone know where I can store my car , the only bugger is that it is for >>> 2 years

My cheese n kisses (misses) has given us the green light to come back every 2 years >>  it will be our family holiday we will save ,, dream and look forward to >> YAHOOOOOOOO that will keep rocking me fo sure but I do need to find a place for the red sled , dun suppose anyone would have any suggestions ?? Bugger to have to ask but Id sure love some good oil ???

I won't close with any M8tes is Gr8 comments or it's so Much MORE than just a watch , or the watch is just the GPS to find the mates & families behind the watches , I won't close with anything like that

No because ,, I just did

I've also decided on behalf of ALL the risti the world over to present the Panerai museum with the most special Pre V watch I own , it's the sexiest beauty ever , the very first Slytech Prototype # 1 ,, Numero Uno of all the Sly's both "Past & Present" i think the relationship Panerai had with Sly was really significant thus upon my departure from this earthly world she will be delivered & hopefully on display for all the future risti to be able to see ,, I hope Sig Bonati will view this as my heartfelt appreciation for the MAGIC that he has created with our brand , and within me ,, imho Panerai has an identity like no other , history rich in honor and courage , he has been at the helm since day 1 and with him steering the course I can rest assured that there will be smooth sailing ahead  

Millie Grazie Sig Bonati , Alexandra , Chad & Patrizia and ALL the team behind  *MY* brand >>> PANERAI ! 

I know I owe soooooooo many emails ,, tex's and voicemails ,, I hope to get some done just asap

Sent from my iPad

PS ..... Universal Studios tomorrow ,, our father give me strength ,, god bless and keep us all

Sent from my iPad

You inspire us all.

tchoo
Paneristi
tchoo
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:10 am #4

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

... each and every one of your posts over the years educate, inspire and move me in so many ways! And not just about your fantastic knowledge of the brand, but of life itself!

Take care and all the best!

TC (Singapore)

dlee888
Paneristi
dlee888
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:13 am #5

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

9 hours at Mickeys house would drive any grown man crazy!

Im glad to see youre spending some quality time with your beautiful family.

Have a good time at Universal Studios tomorrow M8!

Catch up with you later!

Panerai...
"It's like children. You can't understand until you've had one."

996TTx50
Paneristi
996TTx50
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:18 am #6

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Wishing you a great 2010 Alan, and an endless series of superlative years thereafter . . . just as you deserve. If I could give you one gift Alan, if would be the ability to see yourself as others see you -- only then would you truely understand what an extraordinary man you are. I too had a "first day of the rest of my life" -- it was 26 years ago, when I was incarcerated and addicted to several illegal substances -- my "first day" led to 26 amazing years, and counting. I wish you that and more. I am confident that your "first day" will be the start of many great years for you and your wonderful family. I look forward to sharing more birthdays with you during this next chapter.

Cheers M8T

Regards,

Craig LA

A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.
~Lee Segall

I have no clue what time it is . . . nor do I care!

Cheekyguille
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:20 am #7

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Disney and Universal, wow great fun but exhausting!

Sounds like a family vacation

Have a great time tomorrow and enjoy your family

Much love from Kristi and I

WAT

johnnelp
Paneristi
johnnelp
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:32 am #8

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

a blast a Disneyland... It's all about them right..

Enjoy the rest of your stay in the states and have a safe trip back...
Take care of yourself... God Bless you M8...
'til next time...

aproster
Paneristi
aproster
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:35 am #9

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Thank you Hammer. The best to you and yours always.

Studio City, CA

k_rerkpooritat
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:38 am #10

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Glad to know that you and your family are having a great great time during your best vacation in the States.

Be well m8, we will shake our hands some day.

Cheers!!

"PAM"...Love at the first sight
Thai Paneristi

tevj
Paneristi
tevj
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:39 am #11

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

ROCK ON MONKEY BOY! EVERYBODY WAVE FOR MONKEY BOY! I SAY EVERYBODY DANCE FOR MONKEY BOY!

barams
Paneristi
barams
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:40 am #12

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

great to meet you and your loving family.

fyi- that $100 baxter gave me didn't work. i went to the bank and deposit. the police had some questions for me.....

have a safe trip home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdR8Q6EMUbk

"i learned this at business school when i read about business school in a book...."

GregStevens
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:40 am #13

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Sorry I couldn't make the gtg though I was there in spirit.

--Greg

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:46 am #14

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

See you DU soon brutha!!

pog760
Paneristi
pog760
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:50 am #15

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

That will be more eventful positive and more love .

Saludos!
Gene

TruRadiomier
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 3:58 am #16

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Hammer ROCKS!!!

Kindly Regards, Heru (TR).

papillonvic
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 4:01 am #17

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Enjoy the rest of your trip Alan ,

I look forward to sharing a Beer with you someday wherever it may be ,

All the best to you and the family,

Vic

Robopusx
Paneristi
Robopusx
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 4:33 am #18

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Hammer, We have never met but your posts and your story is one of the reasons I love this place so much. I hope we meet in 2 years and until that day my thoughts of you will be every time I click the paneristi.com shortcut. Stay well and live well and most of all enjoy it all! Take care m8! Happy Bday!

-Robopusx
PAM 000

jimmy6668
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 4:48 am #19

Enjoy the rest of your trip Alan ,

I look forward to sharing a Beer with you someday wherever it may be ,

All the best to you and the family,

Vic
right in so many ways, a GPS that seeks out M8s from the
world over.

I hope that from 2010 onwards, the story of your life and that
of your family will be akin to a blank piece of paper.

To be filled with happier memories, greater achivements and loving moments.

Happy belated birthday big guy and best wishes to you Alan.

randyf36
Paneristi
randyf36
Paneristi

April 17th, 2010, 4:57 am #20

M8TES is Bloody GR8

No because ,, I just did

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

are enjoying some R&R in SoCal. I can only imagine all the preparation and planning that goes into a trip to Disney and Universal Studios for you guys, let alone the trip out here from DU! I'm super stoked to hear that more trips to Cali are in your future, Mate! You are an inspiration and a beautiful reminder of how we should all cherish ourselves, our families and our friends.

All the best to you and your lovely family!

Randy and Shawnda