GTG Tokyo (The Eric Version)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

GTG Tokyo (The Eric Version)

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 12:10 am #1

First, I have to apologize for the quality of my pics. I forgot my camera at home and had to resort to my iPad. What I lack in picture quality, I will try to make up for in witty subtitles.

Enjoy!

BTW, as my second GTG, it was great to meet some new faces and some amazing watches! I always love reading about the history of Panerai and am always grateful to Asi and the others for the wonderful posts especially at the Paneristi Officine forum here at P.com.

First here are some pieces from one TokyoRisti:

And here is a little "before" and "after" comparing the original with the modern take:

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Never expected to see a PAM in Saran wrap - but there was a very good reason for this:

Evidently this is how they did it back in the day - not 100% sure but that is what I was told:

Then there was a real treat - a ROLEX!!!

Have read about them and seen the amazing prices they fetch - but to have been able to see one, take its pic, and hold it - what a feeling!! And the owner said he wore this to work on many an occasion and no one has any idea what it is or what it is worth. Thought that was interesting!

Evidently this is a prototype:

thus the need to keep it extra safe.

Of course Panerai is more than just watches! Here are the "usual suspects" as Dan called them:

And a pic of Dan taking a pic - sorry for the "fuz," let's say I was trying to be artsy.

Anyway, enough of people, back to the watches! And there were some intriguing similarities to be found! Hey, am I seeing double??

Yup! We got ourselves a 4 deuces! Wish I had four deuces my last time in Vegas!!!

On a side note, had to laugh when Dan mentioned that his 22 was also #22. And then when he checked his bag in at the door, he was given #22 as a check claim number. Dan and 22 - sounds like the making of a Hollywood movie in there somewhere!

And another "before/after" for you:

Look at that!

Was standing there soaking in the atmosphere and two of the Ristis started spitting into the palm of their hands and then turning the back of their watches - was wondering WTH?! Then wallah!

And whatever you do, don't lose this!

Yep, put that back where it belongs!

Got a mini table shot or two to share:

Again?! What's with the 2s?! There were, in fact, three 22s that evening. Guess they are popular here in Japan.

And that's about it as I had to go home - gotta work this Saturday morn. But I had a wonderful time, met more gr8 m8s and got to see some amazing historical pieces, too! Missed out on the cold beer after, but there will always be another GTG!

And, of course, a shout out to Nozawa-san and the Ginza boutique for organizing this wonderful event! Look forward to the next time!

Thanks for reading,

E

zameenzahari
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 1:54 am #2

For one's second GTG!!

TFS Eric

H2Finally
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 2:25 am #3

First, I have to apologize for the quality of my pics. I forgot my camera at home and had to resort to my iPad. What I lack in picture quality, I will try to make up for in witty subtitles.

Enjoy!

BTW, as my second GTG, it was great to meet some new faces and some amazing watches! I always love reading about the history of Panerai and am always grateful to Asi and the others for the wonderful posts especially at the Paneristi Officine forum here at P.com.

And here is a little "before" and "after" comparing the original with the modern take:

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Never expected to see a PAM in Saran wrap - but there was a very good reason for this:

Evidently this is how they did it back in the day - not 100% sure but that is what I was told:

Have read about them and seen the amazing prices they fetch - but to have been able to see one, take its pic, and hold it - what a feeling!! And the owner said he wore this to work on many an occasion and no one has any idea what it is or what it is worth. Thought that was interesting!

Of course Panerai is more than just watches! Here are the "usual suspects" as Dan called them:

And a pic of Dan taking a pic - sorry for the "fuz," let's say I was trying to be artsy.

Anyway, enough of people, back to the watches! And there were some intriguing similarities to be found! Hey, am I seeing double??

Yup! We got ourselves a 4 deuces! Wish I had four deuces my last time in Vegas!!!

On a side note, had to laugh when Dan mentioned that his 22 was also #22. And then when he checked his bag in at the door, he was given #22 as a check claim number. Dan and 22 - sounds like the making of a Hollywood movie in there somewhere!

Look at that!

Was standing there soaking in the atmosphere and two of the Ristis started spitting into the palm of their hands and then turning the back of their watches - was wondering WTH?! Then wallah!

Again?! What's with the 2s?! There were, in fact, three 22s that evening. Guess they are popular here in Japan.

And that's about it as I had to go home - gotta work this Saturday morn. But I had a wonderful time, met more gr8 m8s and got to see some amazing historical pieces, too! Missed out on the cold beer after, but there will always be another GTG!

And, of course, a shout out to Nozawa-san and the Ginza boutique for organizing this wonderful event! Look forward to the next time!

Thanks for reading,

E

Thanks for sharing Eric!

sdumperth
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 2:30 am #4

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

Great collections, and great community!

TFS

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

cpoomchai
Paneristi
cpoomchai
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 3:10 am #5

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

Enjoy reading your report & thnx for sharing! (nt)

ERSanchez
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 3:39 am #6

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

Makes me feel like I'm looking at "back in the day Panerai's" back in the day!

But the plastic around the prototype would have been pretty frustrating.....I want to feel it in my hands.

Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 3:39 am #7

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

Instead of four deuces, looks like you double downed and got two blackjacks.

Looked like a great time.

-luke

hugewhaleshark
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 5:44 am #8

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

Kidding - great report Eric! Thanks for posting!!!

"Aiyah Panerai, buay beh liao eh lah." / Singapore
hugewhaleshark = Yeu Huan = SGRisti

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 5:51 am #9

He got the pic and I didn't wanna double post. It was...interesting to say the least.

People complain about having a seconds hand on a PAM, I can only imagine what is thought about diamonds on a PAM!

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 5:55 am #10

Makes me feel like I'm looking at "back in the day Panerai's" back in the day!

But the plastic around the prototype would have been pretty frustrating.....I want to feel it in my hands.

Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie
I really should have brought a camera - I am such an idiot at times. Guess it comes with the job.

As for the prototype; the owner of that collection was very generous with everything - except that one. Wouldn't unwrap it and no one else held it. Great Risti brother though! Was quite the collection, indeed!

E

ydsato
Paneristi
ydsato
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 6:27 am #11

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

great team work buddy!!

Thank for sharing and it was great seeing you.

Next month, your B day BBQ, mini GTG!!

Have a great weekend!

Dan

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 7:41 am #12

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

happy to see some rare model.....wish can feel it

Tokyoristi
Paneristi
Tokyoristi
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 7:52 am #13

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

You captured those watches pretty well with the tools in hand.

So how many of Mr. 40's watches did you make off with???
Don't try to cover it up. I know who your accomplice is and he's easy to locate. Here's a composite sketch .....

Jason

ydsato
Paneristi
ydsato
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 7:53 am #14

Jason is that me or Fred Flinston? LOL

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 8:00 am #15

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

Phumanchu
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 8:02 am #16

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

panerai4life
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 9:11 am #17

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

"Passion is way beyond any explanation or imagination"

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 11:20 am #18

Enjoy!

and some tukus shots

And the full Monty:

Look at that!

Thanks for reading,

E

hope others can add their thoughts as well.

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 11:32 am #19

Dan's Post has some better pics, Eric. Please see below. :-)

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

May 19th, 2012, 1:55 pm #20

nothing wrong with your photos eric..thanks for sharing!