First Panerai

First Panerai

spbchef
Paneristi
spbchef
Paneristi

September 30th, 2009, 9:28 pm #1

I am a new member but have enjoyed perusing your forum for some time. I find your forum extremely enjoyable and informative. I am currently seeking my first Panerai (currently own rolex and audemars piguet). I have long been interested in procuring a Panerai - I find the watches to be unique, clean, bold designs with an extremely interesting history / heritage. One aspect of Panerai that appeals greatly to me is the uniqueness and the smaller numbers that they are produced in (as opposed to, say, rolex). I enjoy wearing a unique, functional watch that you won't necessarily find on everybody else's wrist - nothing "right or wrong" about whether a watch is produced in large quantities or not, I just happen to value / enjoy uniqueness. Accordingly, my search has focused on special or limited editions. Recently I have become extremely interested in the PAM262, the limited edition platinum cali dial watch. I simply wanted to solicit feedback from this forum as I admire its knowledge and candor. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank all of you in advance for your time and any comments / feedback.

r2amg
Paneristi
r2amg
Paneristi

October 1st, 2009, 1:53 pm #2

IMO the 262 is one of Panerai's best special editions, with the brown Cali dial, platinum, and an edition of 99. I would put it in 3rd place behind only the 21 and 203 (which both, interestingly, have brown dials and are much more expensive). Definitly a viable choice to consider with the 322, which also has the brown dial, but even a smaller edition in titanium. I personally don't care for the oem strap that comes w/ the 262 but that is my only reservation, and it can rather easily be changed.

JASalinas
Paneristi
JASalinas
Paneristi

October 5th, 2009, 6:11 pm #3

I am a new member but have enjoyed perusing your forum for some time. I find your forum extremely enjoyable and informative. I am currently seeking my first Panerai (currently own rolex and audemars piguet). I have long been interested in procuring a Panerai - I find the watches to be unique, clean, bold designs with an extremely interesting history / heritage. One aspect of Panerai that appeals greatly to me is the uniqueness and the smaller numbers that they are produced in (as opposed to, say, rolex). I enjoy wearing a unique, functional watch that you won't necessarily find on everybody else's wrist - nothing "right or wrong" about whether a watch is produced in large quantities or not, I just happen to value / enjoy uniqueness. Accordingly, my search has focused on special or limited editions. Recently I have become extremely interested in the PAM262, the limited edition platinum cali dial watch. I simply wanted to solicit feedback from this forum as I admire its knowledge and candor. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank all of you in advance for your time and any comments / feedback.
Awesome watch, low production and great craftmanship

Porsche - There's no substitute - Panerai
Juan Alberto Salinas

seanlee1017
New User
seanlee1017
New User

October 6th, 2009, 9:50 am #4

yeap the 332 is a really nice piece too. too bad mine is back for repair now

JASalinas
Paneristi
JASalinas
Paneristi

October 6th, 2009, 11:18 am #5

nt

Porsche - There's no substitute - Panerai
Juan Alberto Salinas

seanlee1017
New User
seanlee1017
New User

October 10th, 2009, 10:22 am #6

rotor fell off during shipping. thanks to UPS, but boutique took care of it right away. they shipped it back and it will be back in 3 weeks. thanks to chad and jason. mean time i still got 317 to play with

sean