DLC/PVD 390?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

DLC/PVD 390?

osp800
Paneristi
osp800
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 6:07 am #1

I have been thinking whether I should get my 390 DLC/PVD treated or not? I think the casing will look good with the pencil lead color, it will match the dial perfectly.

Has any risti done it before? or Will you do this to your 390?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

KerwinL
Paneristi
KerwinL
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 8:02 am #2

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 8:06 am #3

I have been thinking whether I should get my 390 DLC/PVD treated or not? I think the casing will look good with the pencil lead color, it will match the dial perfectly.

Thanks!
it will look perfect with the dial and patina fonts. but my 390 is not on hand yet so have to delay. if you happen to do so pls plssss......share the photo with us.

osp800
Paneristi
osp800
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 8:56 am #4

But I don't think you want to have your BBQ turned into polished steel!

osp800
Paneristi
osp800
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 9:03 am #5

it will look perfect with the dial and patina fonts. but my 390 is not on hand yet so have to delay. if you happen to do so pls plssss......share the photo with us.
But I am still considering hard..Will definitely share the pics with all fellow ristis if I have the first 390 PVD/DLC treated!!

I noticed that you are organizing the 2nd GTG in KL right? What date will that be? I am from Kuching and might join if I happen to be there

mokka663
Paneristi
mokka663
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 9:12 am #6

Thanks!
Why would you want to do that to a perfectly looking SE.

Why not just get a regular model and PVD it. just my 2 cents

osp800
Paneristi
osp800
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 9:56 am #7

The reason why I have the thoughts is because I have 2 units of 390. I am using one now, and another one unworn

jordan_n
Paneristi
jordan_n
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 10:05 am #8

Why would you want to do that to a perfectly looking SE.

Why not just get a regular model and PVD it. just my 2 cents
I have no doubts that the PVD will look great, but then on the other hand, tampering with a SE is a difficult decision!!!

osp800
Paneristi
osp800
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 10:14 am #9

That's the kind of decision I have to make

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 12:08 pm #10

Thanks!
because there's a subtle blue tint which would look cool with the brown dial. I hope someone does it so we can all see

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 12:45 pm #11

But I am still considering hard..Will definitely share the pics with all fellow ristis if I have the first 390 PVD/DLC treated!!

I noticed that you are organizing the 2nd GTG in KL right? What date will that be? I am from Kuching and might join if I happen to be there
ya...dated on 09/06, next week

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 12:49 pm #12

canggih till speechless if u really did it.

here is my little survey.....i have actually ask around and here is it. once u pvd your casing. it will forever a pvd casing, no way to restall back the polish case. so if u wan to restall back the polish case, the only way is to get a original casing which will definatelly cost u alot

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 1:27 pm #13

Thanks!
Nope - wouldn't do it.

I woul look for a beat up 000 or 002 (or 005 or 001) to do it to.

Michael M.

mrpanerai
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 1:39 pm #14

Thanks!
I'm sure there will always be a market for that watch in PVD.
I won't speculate on value, but should you decided to change it
back, you'll be able to buy a stainless case from Panerai for a small
fortune.

jmridgway
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 1:49 pm #15

Thanks!
Not that it wouldn't look good, I just wouldn't do it to a Special Edition. I have no problem with people doing it to a 000, but somehow messing with a 390 just seems wrong. Just my two cents.

nhattruyen
Paneristi
nhattruyen
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 1:49 pm #16

Thanks!

Nhat
Saigon, Vietnam

micah372
Paneristi
micah372
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 4:35 pm #17

Thanks!

The horror... the horror.....

If plexi is wrong, I don't want to be right.

abunai
Paneristi
abunai
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 5:33 pm #18

Thanks!
IMO, I think it looks great.. (nt)

X2TIME
Paneristi
X2TIME
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 5:36 pm #19

Thanks!
A stealth watch with bright hands doesn't look right to me.

Also, it really makes no difference if it's an SE. It's just a watch. An expensive watch, but still just a watch. If you wanna PVD your watch, go for it!

cosmicmike
Paneristi

May 30th, 2012, 5:43 pm #20

The horror... the horror.....

If plexi is wrong, I don't want to be right.
nt

Big D
360, 232,372
If You Don't Go, You Can't Come Back.
RIP BBQ & Drew