Disappointed with Panerai

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Disappointed with Panerai

guigui33
New User
guigui33
New User

February 16th, 2012, 1:19 am #1

After almost a year waiting my AD told me that they do not have any information on my Bronzo Pam 382! I have paid it in advance almost a year ago and reserved a spot for me. but now my AD is telling me that Panerai is not giving them any information in regards of my order....Panerai had pushed the deadline twice and now is not giving any other information...
I have a good and long relationship with my AD...so a doubt that they are not being honest.
My AD decided to refund me the money since he feel that is the best to do right now!!!
I have been a Panerai collector and fan for years!!! and now they drop the ball like that !!!! very frustrating!!!!

any Help out there ???

Thank you

jacksonian71
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 1:34 am #2

I understand your frustration. But with only 1000 for the entire world, this is a tough watch to get. And most ADs will not get one. I do know a couple have been distributed that way, but my AD likely will never get even the one they had hoped for. I wouldn't recommend paying for a watch in advance like that. Not much reason to do so.

11years
Paneristi
11years
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 1:59 am #3

After almost a year waiting my AD told me that they do not have any information on my Bronzo Pam 382! I have paid it in advance almost a year ago and reserved a spot for me. but now my AD is telling me that Panerai is not giving them any information in regards of my order....Panerai had pushed the deadline twice and now is not giving any other information...
I have a good and long relationship with my AD...so a doubt that they are not being honest.
My AD decided to refund me the money since he feel that is the best to do right now!!!
I have been a Panerai collector and fan for years!!! and now they drop the ball like that !!!! very frustrating!!!!

any Help out there ???

Thank you
Panerai never makes guarantees that AD's will get a certain number of pieces, to my undertanding. Also, Panerai does not care that you prepaid for the watch...that money sits in your AD's account...not with Panerai
Stinks you didnt get one, but keep trying.

000 "I"
002 "C"

subtribe
Paneristi
subtribe
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 2:04 am #4

any Help out there ???

Thank you
are some very trusting Dealers. It was through the help of the forum and their testimonies that made me comfortable and at ease to move forward with my purchase.

Good Luck!

RMRPR
Paneristi
RMRPR
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 2:07 am #5

any Help out there ???

Thank you
If the AD refunds your money you will lose any chance to get the watch. In my case with my 339 it was the same, I refused the refund and four months later I received the call. Hope this helps and that you'll get your watch. Good luck!!

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 2:21 am #6

Panerai never makes guarantees that AD's will get a certain number of pieces, to my undertanding. Also, Panerai does not care that you prepaid for the watch...that money sits in your AD's account...not with Panerai
Stinks you didnt get one, but keep trying.

000 "I"
002 "C"
They made a promise they couldn't keep, and did it on your dime.

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 2:46 am #7

If the AD refunds your money you will lose any chance to get the watch. In my case with my 339 it was the same, I refused the refund and four months later I received the call. Hope this helps and that you'll get your watch. Good luck!!
probably did his best to get you one and it never came his way. Panerai did the same to my AD -
stall, stall, stall and then nothing. G's advice is good; get one from the CM from someone you can trust.

Feeling your pain here.

</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" rel="nofollow">

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 3:54 am #8

any Help out there ???

Thank you
even the majority of boutiques don't take deposits because they know its very hard to guarantee a piece, especially one as sought after as the Bronzo. I don't see it as "dropping the ball" their watches are just in higher demand than recent years and the 382 was the highest demand compared to it's availability of 2011. If you AD gets one hopefully you will be the one to get the call...

Good luck mate

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 6:04 am #9

any Help out there ???

Thank you
This situation is something that started some time ago

They take to many watches for their own boutiques
and don't get me started about the 390 - 348 - 349 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE this situation. I'm a client and I want to be treated like one. I CHOOSE where I buy, right ?? They should be honored that I want to buy their watches and I don't like it when I have the impression I should feel lucky if I am allowed to buy one

I hope many people will have complaints so maybe they will change their mind.

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 6:07 am #10

even the majority of boutiques don't take deposits because they know its very hard to guarantee a piece, especially one as sought after as the Bronzo. I don't see it as "dropping the ball" their watches are just in higher demand than recent years and the 382 was the highest demand compared to it's availability of 2011. If you AD gets one hopefully you will be the one to get the call...

Good luck mate

they get a quota so they know how many they will get.
If your AD is promissed to get 1 or they he can take a deposit for 1 or 2, right ?

If Panerai decides after some time to deliver only 1 of the 2 promissed pieces the AD will have to tell bad news to his client who paid the deposit.

There seem to be some AD who had this problem

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 6:24 am #11

and don't get me started about the 390 - 348 - 349 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE this situation. I'm a client and I want to be treated like one. I CHOOSE where I buy, right ?? They should be honored that I want to buy their watches and I don't like it when I have the impression I should feel lucky if I am allowed to buy one

If everything that Panerai does is so horrible and upsetting for you... Why don't you vote with you pocketbook and walk away?

At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions. You know how Panerai does things. If you don't like it... Don't buy their products. That's exactly how freedom works. Panerai has the "right" to sell their products how they please, and you equally have a right to not buy them if you don't like what they're doing.

If you want to take a stand do it. But constantly complaining about it isn't going to get done what you want done IMO.

CPDay
Paneristi
CPDay
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 7:28 am #12

+1 nt

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 7:39 am #13

If everything that Panerai does is so horrible and upsetting for you... Why don't you vote with you pocketbook and walk away?

At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions. You know how Panerai does things. If you don't like it... Don't buy their products. That's exactly how freedom works. Panerai has the "right" to sell their products how they please, and you equally have a right to not buy them if you don't like what they're doing.

If you want to take a stand do it. But constantly complaining about it isn't going to get done what you want done IMO.

I love their watches but I don't like their boutique strategy.

If this place is made only to worship the brand and critisism in not welcome anymore it will loose it's credibility

fran91
Paneristi
fran91
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 7:47 am #14

any Help out there ???

Thank you
Knowing you Guillaume,
it is obvious that you are a true fan of the brand.

Honestly, on SL, don't believe that you will get one, until you are in front of it,
with your name on the card.
your AD was probably too optimistic.

my 2 cents.

u take care.

Vulnerant Omnes, Ultima Necat.

wesleyvs
Paneristi
wesleyvs
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 9:14 am #15

I don't

I love their watches but I don't like their boutique strategy.

If this place is made only to worship the brand and critisism in not welcome anymore it will loose it's credibility
(nt)

no03330
Paneristi
no03330
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 10:17 am #16

any Help out there ???

Thank you
Same Think Here With 372

My AD still has not been shipped one. He is not happy, I am not happy. Seems Panerai wants to steer the AD's customers toward boutiques.

Money pending since the opening day of the SiHH 2011 show

jacksonian71
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 12:07 pm #17

they get a quota so they know how many they will get.
If your AD is promissed to get 1 or they he can take a deposit for 1 or 2, right ?

If Panerai decides after some time to deliver only 1 of the 2 promissed pieces the AD will have to tell bad news to his client who paid the deposit.

There seem to be some AD who had this problem
ADs do not get a "quota so they know how many they will get." They were hoping to get a 382. It didn't come. But OP didn't guarantee any AD a number of 382s, or any SE for that matter.

I would rather support my local AD as well. But this is a business decision buy all of the luxury watch brands and it's one that clearly makes sense for them. Having control over how their product is presented and sold makes sense.

I think most of us agree with you that in a perfect world, we'd rather buy from our local AD. But this is just how it is.

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 12:10 pm #18

There's no problem with being critical at all, but you do have to look at it from both sides. You can't blame OP for taking control of a situation that really wasn't that great. Now that OP have decided to sell SE's through boutiques only, people who thought that they developed a good relationship with their AD feel that their chances are diminishing. So they complain and say OP are causing frustration. But how good were those relationships really? AD's have been asking their so-called valued customers to pay a deposit without giving real guarantees. Not fair at all. Considering the circumstances it's been wrong to ask for a deposit in the first place, and for obvious reasons it's unfair to first time buyers too. No AD relationship, no chances. Have you considered the possibility that a lot of the frustration is actually caused by certain AD's? I can imagine that waiting for something you've already paid for is in fact frustrating, and note that boutiques never ask you to pay a deposit... Also, don't forget that a lot of people have "good" relationships with AD's because they've been buying all the hot pieces for years. To then flip them with a huge mark up. And let's not forget the stories about AD's that keep the special pieces in their safe to see how prices develop, and to then sell to the highest bidder. I understand your perspective, but the whole situation really hasn't been as great as some want you to believe.
Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

BauerR
Paneristi
BauerR
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 12:47 pm #19

any Help out there ???

Thank you
I have been in contact with every english speaking Boutique trying to get on some kinda list but they wont add me to it. I have also contacted 20 AD's and noe of them expect to get one either.

It's our Eleanor!

Paninari
Paneristi
Paninari
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 12:47 pm #20

There's no problem with being critical at all, but you do have to look at it from both sides. You can't blame OP for taking control of a situation that really wasn't that great. Now that OP have decided to sell SE's through boutiques only, people who thought that they developed a good relationship with their AD feel that their chances are diminishing. So they complain and say OP are causing frustration. But how good were those relationships really? AD's have been asking their so-called valued customers to pay a deposit without giving real guarantees. Not fair at all. Considering the circumstances it's been wrong to ask for a deposit in the first place, and for obvious reasons it's unfair to first time buyers too. No AD relationship, no chances. Have you considered the possibility that a lot of the frustration is actually caused by certain AD's? I can imagine that waiting for something you've already paid for is in fact frustrating, and note that boutiques never ask you to pay a deposit... Also, don't forget that a lot of people have "good" relationships with AD's because they've been buying all the hot pieces for years. To then flip them with a huge mark up. And let's not forget the stories about AD's that keep the special pieces in their safe to see how prices develop, and to then sell to the highest bidder. I understand your perspective, but the whole situation really hasn't been as great as some want you to believe.
Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
It has never happened that I had been asked for a deposit.
And when I´ve announced interest in a certain piece early enough,
there was a good chance to get it.
There´s no boutique in my country and after sending requests to
2 boutiques I didn´t even got an answer from there !!

Saluti
Paninari