Did U ever sell one of your kids???

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Did U ever sell one of your kids???

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 6:05 am #1

Well, wasn't easy to do . . .

but I moved my Ferretti - just couldn't let it outa the safe, lol

New owner is the nicest Panerai destro collector, hoping he might post. Smoothest of transactions, thanx Mike.

link . . .

http://www.100crest.info

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .

Confunktion
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 9:14 am #2

Walt, I know the feeling as I have now done it twice (oh the horror!). Each time a difficult decision. The weeks of remorse and a little disappointment that the replacement purchase wasn't what I expected in exchange for selling my precious. Never an easy decision, but ya move forward

Lovely watch with a ton of history. Congrats to the new owner!

-TLG

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 12:54 pm #3

New owner is the nicest Panerai destro collector, hoping he might post. Smoothest of transactions, thanx Mike.

link . . .

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .
but I've never been tempted to part with one of my watches.

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 1:19 pm #4

link . . .

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .
heck even had someone offer to buy it from me, but more or less my watches have been gifts from the missus and she'd kill me if I sold one.

cosmicmike
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 1:42 pm #5

link . . .

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .
As the tween girls like to say, "better to have loved and lost than not loved at all"

Oh, and another teenie bopper words of wisdom...

If you love something, set it free...gag me with a spoon

That was as beaut -- but I know it has probably mentally been out the door for a while.

Hoping something else simply caught your fancy and she is now just a fond memory.

Big D
360, 232,372
If You Don't Go, You Can't Come Back.
RIP BBQ & Drew

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 5:06 pm #6

but I've never been tempted to part with one of my watches.
That's just how I feel - but the safe is no place for a watch

How ya been M8?

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 5:08 pm #7

heck even had someone offer to buy it from me, but more or less my watches have been gifts from the missus and she'd kill me if I sold one.
any time the better half is on your side - don't tempt fate, lol

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 5:22 pm #8

As the tween girls like to say, "better to have loved and lost than not loved at all"

Oh, and another teenie bopper words of wisdom...

If you love something, set it free...gag me with a spoon

That was as beaut -- but I know it has probably mentally been out the door for a while.

Hoping something else simply caught your fancy and she is now just a fond memory.

Big D
360, 232,372
If You Don't Go, You Can't Come Back.
RIP BBQ & Drew
Pfew - well, tween wisdom aside, I did set it free, and I haven't gagged on any spoons.

U da Man Cosmic - and wow the Jr Cosmic sure is makin his papa proud - proud of U24itM8...

The 72 - perfect movement, smoothest automatic there is? Quietly with all the complications at wrist and nobody ever comments on it's 40mm
Cali will ALWAYS be King even if it's mostly about the BBQ

And when I'm really sportin - the ol Regatta - - what more do I want anyway

After all - more than just a watch, no?

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .

aproster
Paneristi
aproster
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 5:54 pm #9

link . . .

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .
I watched your sales posts on that beauty....and it was clear she had you smitten....

But if you didn't wear it, better to set her free to someone that will!!

Glad you found a good home for that special piece Walt

Studio City, CA

nafai23
Paneristi
nafai23
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 9:20 pm #10

link . . .

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .
Buy a handful of 210's instead.... :)

Phumanchu
Paneristi

May 31st, 2012, 10:22 pm #11

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

June 1st, 2012, 1:15 am #12

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .

nafai23
Paneristi
nafai23
Paneristi

June 1st, 2012, 1:19 am #13

Thus the joke........

mfc2
Paneristi
mfc2
Paneristi

June 1st, 2012, 3:17 am #14

link . . .

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .
I'm the guy who bought Walt's Ferretti and I love it and am wearing it ....I used to lock things up and treasure them so......
And then I decided when you're gone you will have simply saved them for your children and they will not treasure them or take care of them like you did so its best to use and enjoy them now....it may be like Ferris Beuhler's Day Off" when you are gone but you will have enjoyed your possessions......
I love,the piece!!!!!! thanks Walt ....you are a Gem!!!!!!!

Phumanchu
Paneristi

June 1st, 2012, 4:08 am #15

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

June 1st, 2012, 4:09 am #16

I'm the guy who bought Walt's Ferretti and I love it and am wearing it ....I used to lock things up and treasure them so......
And then I decided when you're gone you will have simply saved them for your children and they will not treasure them or take care of them like you did so its best to use and enjoy them now....it may be like Ferris Beuhler's Day Off" when you are gone but you will have enjoyed your possessions......
I love,the piece!!!!!! thanks Walt ....you are a Gem!!!!!!!
Glad to see your post Mike. What a fine gentleman and a pleasure to do business.
Yes it was hard in a way, but you are no spoiler - with 6 years under the belt it was time for a new home - and I couldn't have found better.

Welcome to a small club. I'd hope for a new thread one of these days sportin the wrist, L0L

Congratulations and Thank You

BTW
Here's another maker you'll like - thick strap on a Rad . . .

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .

mfc2
Paneristi
mfc2
Paneristi

June 1st, 2012, 1:33 pm #17

First I've never figured out how to upload pictures....secondly , who the maker...the anchor on the buckle,rings a bell but if you can't say heare just email me ...also any great straps you're tired of these days as your "scraps" are cool!!!!!

waltnich
Paneristi
waltnich
Paneristi

June 1st, 2012, 3:12 pm #18

click the Photobucket link under the reply box. There you will be able to easily upload any pic into Photobucket. Photobucket gives you links that copy and paste into your post and the picture will appear when you preview or post. Kinda easy after U do it once.

Simona Seal

Walt . . .

tenthousandwords . . .