DID ...AKA Desert Island Dreams.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

DID ...AKA Desert Island Dreams.....

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 9:56 am #1

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away............................Scratch that!...
Here on planet Paneristi I was test driving (if thats the correct boating term) my new Wally tinny! (yeah I wish).

Meanwhile a storm was breaking, caused by the wind generated from a 'Lemon Tarts' night, epicenter Sydney Australia

Drat my boat sinks and I'm washed ashore, luckily I can build this dwelling from the wreck of the Wally

With me settled on the island....

Ship sinking: washed ashore, 10 items;

2 watches: Oh some many!
Well I'm sure my PZero would be on my wrist, and attached would be the trusty Ammo strap!
Just aside, this Zero is now four years old, wearing well. One of the first G series keeps excellent time and still looks as good as new!

Stowed in my hand language. Would be my workhouse Sunnto! Got to have something that can keep track of the daily statistics let alone time. Great value wrist top computer.

(Kids dont try this at home). These things are indestructible. I remember at GTG showing one of the guys, I threw it at the wall, hard! Just to prove the point. Indestructible.

2 songs:
The quest (impossible dream) Andy Williams.
Most here at Paneristi are on some kind of quest be it a watch, a strap the grail. Whatever it is, it comes with a lot of mate-ship. This song was used in a recent 'Honda' commercial campaign, either way this song cracks a smile when I hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB_1gPRCLCo

As others have said before, just two songs! Checking my Itunes I've many to choose from but in the spirit of the above its got to be the Eagles Hotel California .that line You can check out but you can never leave rings in my ears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcwr1nbmWLI

1 book.
I read quite a lot for work, but Ive narrowed it down to a graphic novel that I really enjoyed back in the 90s. The Preacher. Its a series of novelettes and one of the craziest stories Ive ever read. I believe they have finally decided to make this into a film or TV series? Its about time, it mad!

1 movie
Another tough a one for me, so many favorites. Its true I saw The Matrix twelve times at the cinema and many more times on DVd but to pick one! Ill go with The Jungle book only because the soundtrack would keep my spirits high on the island.

1 photograph
There's something about this Steve McQueen picture. Its says to me 'Have fun, enjoy life ....be yourself'.

1 memory
Recently, its got to be my very close encounter with this fellow on a snowy mountain path in the Romanian. April 08 I was on a location scout when I got split from the main party (the call of nature). Five minutes behind the main group I was playing catch-up along a snowy path. I stopping to admire a frozen waterfall, I turned to see in front of me Charlie (This brown bear) My options limited I chose to run for it! He gave chase, I thought he had me at one point but somehow I'm still here to tell the tale!

1 meal
Pie and mash. You need to experience it to understand it! Yes, its very similar to the ones made by Sweeny Todd!

Thanks for looking Paddy for starting the thread and Gatsby for picking me.
Ill pick the next DID in the coming days
Jp

Last edited by expat-oz on February 24th, 2013, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

paneristident
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 10:09 am #2

nt

mirador
Paneristi
mirador
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 10:14 am #3

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away............................Scratch that!...
Here on planet Paneristi I was test driving (if thats the correct boating term) my new Wally tinny! (yeah I wish).

Meanwhile a storm was breaking, caused by the wind generated from a 'Lemon Tarts' night, epicenter Sydney Australia

Drat my boat sinks and I'm washed ashore, luckily I can build this dwelling from the wreck of the Wally

Well I'm sure my PZero would be on my wrist, and attached would be the trusty Ammo strap!
Just aside, this Zero is now four years old, wearing well. One of the first G series keeps excellent time and still looks as good as new!

Stowed in my hand language. Would be my workhouse Sunnto! Got to have something that can keep track of the daily statistics let alone time. Great value wrist top computer.

(Kids dont try this at home). These things are indestructible. I remember at GTG showing one of the guys, I threw it at the wall, hard! Just to prove the point. Indestructible.

2 songs:
Most here at Paneristi are on some kind of quest be it a watch, a strap the grail. Whatever it is, it comes with a lot of mate-ship. This song was used in a recent 'Honda' commercial campaign, either way this song cracks a smile when I hear it.

As others have said before, just two songs! Checking my Itunes I've many to choose from but in the spirit of the above its got to be the Eagles Hotel California .that line You can check out but you can never leave rings in my ears

1 book.
I read quite a lot for work, but Ive narrowed it down to a graphic novel that I really enjoyed back in the 90s. The Preacher. Its a series of novelettes and one of the craziest stories Ive ever read. I believe they have finally decided to make this into a film or TV series? Its about time, it mad!

1 movie
Another tough a one for me, so many favorites. Its true I saw The Matrix twelve times at the cinema and many more times on DVd but to pick one! Ill go with The Jungle book only because the soundtrack would keep my spirits high on the island.

1 photograph
There's something about this Steve McQueen picture. Its says to me 'Have fun, enjoy life ....be yourself'.

1 memory
Recently, its got to be my very close encounter with this fellow on a snowy mountain path in the Romanian. April 08 I was on a location scout when I got split from the main party (the call of nature). Five minutes behind the main group I was playing catch-up along a snowy path. I stopping to admire a frozen waterfall, I turned to see in front of me Charlie (This brown bear) My options limited I chose to run for it! He gave chase, I thought he had me at one point but somehow I'm still here to tell the tale!

1 meal
Pie and mash. You need to experience it to understand it! Yes, its very similar to the ones made by Sweeny Todd!

Jp

Not sure about what you did to that dogs eye though, down here anything but dead horse is a sin !

SALMANQ8
Paneristi
SALMANQ8
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 10:24 am #4

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

nt

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 10:31 am #5

nt
The Sunnto
I'm mad but not that mad (ok no one chime in here)
Jp

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 10:34 am #6

Not sure about what you did to that dogs eye though, down here anything but dead horse is a sin !
you've lost me

HammerHammer
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 10:38 am #7

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

dd

The <i>BIFF is Hammered Again </i>

Oh SO Much MORE than just a Watch

Cheer's & Beer's ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

JohnSim
Paneristi
JohnSim
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 10:58 am #8

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

no wrist shot with the bear? LOL
crazy stuff

----------------
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face - GT

tengie
Paneristi
tengie
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 11:25 am #9

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

And I'm loving that last shot of you and the trouble and strife...

damn I never realised you were soooooooooooooo good-lookin'!

Cheers
Teng

BoroSF
Paneristi
BoroSF
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 11:25 am #10

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

neild243
Paneristi
neild243
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 11:36 am #11

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

nt

samen
Paneristi
samen
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 11:37 am #12

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

SteveMcQueen makes Chuck Norris squeals "please...."

sydneymark1
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 12:04 pm #13

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

Jp ...you will have to show me how you can send emails and post on Risti at the same time ...

My new mistress is taking up a lot of my time ...until those 12 points are reached ...

C' mon officer ..how can I do 70kph over the speed limit of 110???...only kidding (yeah!! right)

this and the 201a ..purrfffect

ChrisAg
Paneristi
ChrisAg
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 12:15 pm #14

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

nt

Chris NYC

Robbie-Do
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 12:20 pm #15

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

I like it when someone keeps there meal real and it doesn't ring truer than pie 'n mash mate.

Rob (Melbourne, Australia)

ricter
Paneristi
ricter
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 12:34 pm #16

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

Love your work as always mate

porsche-964
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 12:36 pm #17

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

/

Jeremy (aka Mr. Socko)
Northeast Florida

Paul-Belgium
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 12:42 pm #18

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

Greetings
Polleke

dlee888
Paneristi
dlee888
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 12:50 pm #19

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

Panerai...
"It's like children. You can't understand until you've had one."

gazman70k
Paneristi

August 7th, 2008, 12:58 pm #20

2 songs:

1 book.

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Jp

The Preacher is an excellent graphic novel!

Also love the photo of Christina and you. Great stuff M8

Cheers
Gaz

========================================

What happens on Hamilton Island, STAYS on Hamilton Island!

Some say the glass is half empty.
Others say the glass is half full.
I say the glass isn't bloody big enough!
========================================