Concerning PAM305

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Concerning PAM305

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 5:48 pm #1

Hi guys

I was nust about to pull the trigger on an IWC Mission Earth, when I stumpled upon kne of my old wish lists --- and then I suddently remembered PAM305.

I own an Omega Planet Ocean (cal 2500), Breitling Steelfish x-plus and a PAM177, and in order to get a 305, I bave to sell one of these watches. Probably the omega.

However, I would like to hear about your experiences with the 305. How does it wear? Could it be used as a daily watch, or should I be concerned about the size and thereby the watch getting scratches? How is the rubber strap? I have read it is a dust magnet? Is it flexible? What about the P.9000 movement?

PS: My wrists measure 7,7 inches.

Also; please post pictures. Maybe even apocture that compares 305 and 177

Thanks

fza
Paneristi
fza
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 6:01 pm #2

i had a 305 and sold it,this was a stupid decision
i weared it on a dayly base but i don't have a office job
this is a very cool watch you will enjoy it

Paneristi
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 6:12 pm #3

Hi guys

I was nust about to pull the trigger on an IWC Mission Earth, when I stumpled upon kne of my old wish lists --- and then I suddently remembered PAM305.

I own an Omega Planet Ocean (cal 2500), Breitling Steelfish x-plus and a PAM177, and in order to get a 305, I bave to sell one of these watches. Probably the omega.

However, I would like to hear about your experiences with the 305. How does it wear? Could it be used as a daily watch, or should I be concerned about the size and thereby the watch getting scratches? How is the rubber strap? I have read it is a dust magnet? Is it flexible? What about the P.9000 movement?

Thanks
IWC Mission Earth
just my opinion

kirby_iv
Paneristi
kirby_iv
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 6:13 pm #4

Hi guys

Thanks
I personally am not a fan of any sandwhich dial so I would go for the 305 if your wrist can pull it off and it sounds like it can.

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 6:23 pm #5

i had a 305 and sold it,this was a stupid decision
i weared it on a dayly base but i don't have a office job
this is a very cool watch you will enjoy it
I have an office job, but I am concerned if I would bang it into walls etc.

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 6:25 pm #6

IWC Mission Earth
just my opinion
Thanks for your opinion, but why would you choose the Missions Earth over the 305? Because you are fond of the ME, or because you don't like the 305? Talking from experiences - or based on pictures?

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 6:26 pm #7

I personally am not a fan of any sandwhich dial so I would go for the 305 if your wrist can pull it off and it sounds like it can.
Actually I LOVE the sandwich dial (that one of the reasons I went with a 177 as my first Panerai), but since I will never be able to afford the 382, I guess that the 305 is a very good alternative... It looks minimalistic and masculine at the same time... And then it comes with a rubber strap

Russell58
Paneristi
Russell58
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 6:59 pm #8

Hi guys

Thanks
I have owned a 305 for nearly a year now and I love it. I wear it in rotation with three other watches and to date it is un-marked. My wrist is approx 7 inches and IMO it fits fine. The rubber strap is great especially for holidays, as it means I can wash it in the shower after a day on the beach and in the sea.

Personally I would sell either the Omega or Breitling to buy a 305.

Good luck with your decision.

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 7:13 pm #9

I do plan to sell the omega or the breitling, but I am afraid that the 177 and 305 would be "too" similar (I guess this is not something to write on Paneristi )

What would a reasonable price for a) a mint and b) a brand new 305 be?

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

August 28th, 2012, 8:18 pm #10

Hi guys

Thanks
Find one to try on.

My writs is nearly 8" and I just finished wearing it for a full week (7 days in a row). I forgot I had it on much of the time. Being Ti helps a log as its not as heavy as it looks.

Still... Try if you can.

-Craig F

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 29th, 2012, 5:03 am #11

Yeah, I probably should try it on, before I buy it. However, the only place I know is at my AD, and then I have to place an order. Perhaps I should swing by the AD and try another PAM, size 47 mm and 1950s case to "feel the size"...

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 29th, 2012, 5:08 am #12

Hi guys

Thanks
After sleeping on it, I still am not sure, if two PAMs i too much in my little "collection" of only three watches (and a couple of cheap beaters)... Of course, I could always sell the 177 if it turns out that I the the 305 gets all the wrist time... (But looking at the prices, it actually seems like the resale price of my 177 increases, so the longer I hold on to it, the more money I'll get, if I choose to sell it some day )

Michael2450
Paneristi

August 29th, 2012, 7:18 am #13

Hi guys

Thanks

Michael - Copenhagen

"Home of Carlsberg and The Little Mermaid"

So much more than just a Capital..

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 29th, 2012, 2:06 pm #14

Hej Michael,

Tak for billederne. Er du tilfreds med uret?

----
I just realised that this is a fellow Dane, so I replied in Danish

[Hi Michael,

Thanks for the pictures. Are you happy with your watch?]

Michael2450
Paneristi

August 29th, 2012, 6:08 pm #15

Hej Kenn.

Ja jeg VAR tilfreds med det - solgte det i sidste uge for at få lidt guld til et kommende urkøb.

Men jeg har været rigtig glad for det.

Held og lykke med jagten.

Mvh

Michael

Michael - Copenhagen

"Home of Carlsberg and The Little Mermaid"

So much more than just a Capital..

Sociologen
Paneristi
Sociologen
Paneristi

August 29th, 2012, 6:32 pm #16

Solgte du til en forhandler? I givet tilfælde er det måske dit tidligere ur, jeg afventer at se billede af SÅ mange 305er er der ikke til salg i Danmark.

Også god jagt til dig, nu da du har guldet

BrianPage
Paneristi
BrianPage
Paneristi

September 2nd, 2012, 1:58 am #17

Hi guys

Thanks
I've had mine for about a month and sleep with it on my wrist. My other dive watches include a Rolex Deep Sea and and Omega Ploprof so a big watch isn't anything new to me. My wrist is about 7" and it is very comfortable to wear in fact it's the best Rubber strap I've ever had as it has some give to it. I am a diver and have not yet taken this into the ocean. Love the look and so far the titanium has been very clean and not marked up. Hope this helps - I love this watch because I'm a dive watch enthusiast but also a Panerai enthusiast and it blends both worlds perfectly. It's the best Sub from Panerai to add to your collection in my opinion.