Comparing the PAM 26B with the PAM 26K :

Comparing the PAM 26B with the PAM 26K :

tomele
Paneristi
tomele
Paneristi

March 28th, 2012, 10:07 pm #1

Hi folks,

I am fortunate enough to compare these 2 models , the PAM 26 B introduced at 1999 in less than 200 pieces and his re-edition , the PAM 26K , SE introduced at SIHH 2008 in 1000 pieces.
The watches are very similar but not in 100%.
The PAM 26 is the only destro PVD watch produced by Officine Panerai.
The 26B in Tdial is relatively rare, rarer than the 26A series .
Mine is an OP6523 case ;
The 26K is an OP6750 case.
Both models use a movement OP II.

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The 26B comes in a standard B series box like all the boxes of non limited edition production while the 26K comes in the big SE box with parchemin , key, 2 straps ( one black rubber and one black leather).

Both pieces come with a PVD thumbnail buckle .

The case :

➢ In the B series, the crown guard is thin with straight lines. Crown guard of the 26 K is wider, as the preV .

➢ The lever and his mechanism are not the same , more basic for the B series . Even the crowns are differents.

➢ The case is a Bettarini . On the 26 K , the edges are more aggressive .

The contact area of the case with the strap has been planed .

➢ The lugs on the 26K are wider than the ones on the 26B .

➢ The PVD treatment is not the same . After some years , the PVD on the B series becomes shiny and satiny.. On the K , the PVD is more matt, completely non reflective and gives the watch a more military aspect ( gun metal ).

The case back :

➢ It is a solid case back on both. The inscriptions are the same with typography variations. The letters are larger in the B series . The depth limit is in the metric system . ( not Atm like the A series ). The production number is framed in the K.

The dial :

➢ Is the biggest difference.
➢ Painted tritium index for the 26B
➢ Sandwich dial and Luminova for the 26K .
➢ The inscriptions are the same: “ luminor marina “ but the letters are closer together in the K dial.

Thanks for reading ;
I hope you enjoy this review
I thank the french paneristis for their notifications ( in the first version)

Cheers ,
Tomi

rorrickj34
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 1:05 am #2

Both are legends

zameenzahari
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 1:11 am #3

Hi folks,

I am fortunate enough to compare these 2 models , the PAM 26 B introduced at 1999 in less than 200 pieces and his re-edition , the PAM 26K , SE introduced at SIHH 2008 in 1000 pieces.
Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The 26B comes in a standard B series box like all the boxes of non limited edition production while the 26K comes in the big SE box with parchemin , key, 2 straps ( one black rubber and one black leather).

The case :

➢ In the B series, the crown guard is thin with straight lines. Crown guard of the 26 K is wider, as the preV .

➢ The lever and his mechanism are not the same , more basic for the B series . Even the crowns are differents.

➢ The PVD treatment is not the same . After some years , the PVD on the B series becomes shiny and satiny.. On the K , the PVD is more matt, completely non reflective and gives the watch a more military aspect ( gun metal ).

The case back :

➢ It is a solid case back on both. The inscriptions are the same with typography variations. The letters are larger in the B series . The depth limit is in the metric system . ( not Atm like the A series ). The production number is framed in the K.

The dial :

➢ The inscriptions are the same: “ luminor marina “ but the letters are closer together in the K dial.

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

not so subtle differences even for re-issues...

Thanks again for the time and effort.

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 1:14 am #4

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

great stuff

sdumperth
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 2:23 am #5

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

This is one I have been eager to see.

Kudos.

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

tchoo
Paneristi
tchoo
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 11:58 am #6

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

Always had a soft spot for the 26.

Cheers!

TC

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 12:03 pm #7

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

TRISTAN29
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 1:00 pm #8

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

Thanks for all the vital information. Now to look for a 26bt...LOL

Regards
John

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 5:21 pm #9

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

March 29th, 2012, 10:02 pm #10

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

jacmerlin
Paneristi

March 30th, 2012, 3:10 am #11

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

Tomi,

I'm sure you are already aware of the fact that there are many variants of the Pam 26.
It has been suggested that one of the T dialed 26B's types is the rarest. This chimes in
with the fact that some of the first B models had entire "A' series accouterments onboard!!

Thanks immensely for the comparison!!

Jonathan

k_rerkpooritat
Paneristi

March 30th, 2012, 4:29 am #12

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

Panerai....So Much More Than Just A Watch!!

hongT
Paneristi
hongT
Paneristi

March 30th, 2012, 4:58 am #13

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

TFS bro!

Cheers
HongT

patStc
Paneristi
patStc
Paneristi

March 30th, 2012, 2:05 pm #14

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

26bt is stunning

Ken-Ho
Paneristi
Ken-Ho
Paneristi

March 30th, 2012, 3:36 pm #15

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

Enjoyable read indeed.

Thanks alot, Tomi.

HAGWE, Cheers

Ken

~Live Life To The Fullest~

MarkSanders
Paneristi

March 30th, 2012, 8:14 pm #16

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

Thanks! Really enjoyed this one!

Greetings,

Mark

HammerHammer
Paneristi

March 31st, 2012, 12:52 am #17

Hi folks,

Mine is an OP6523 case ;

Back in ‘ 99 :

The 2 beasts :

The case :

The case back :

The dial :

Thanks for reading ;

Cheers ,
Tomi

So much MORE than just a Watch

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer