Cleaning

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Cleaning

panerai000
Paneristi
panerai000
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 9:59 pm #1

What's the best way to clean your Pam? Are they completely safe in water such as showering and swimming?

mike2zero
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 10:10 pm #2

the crown is screwed in on a Rad...

you can do pretty much anything with it...although I heard Hot Tubs wreaked havoc on them...

~Mike

mike2zero
Portland, Oregon

mike2zero
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 10:11 pm #3

What's the best way to clean your Pam? Are they completely safe in water such as showering and swimming?

you can do pretty much anything with it...although I heard Hot Tubs wreaked havoc on them...

~Mike

mike2zero
Portland, Oregon

mike2zero
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 10:11 pm #4

mike2zero
Portland, Oregon

Pam-tuned
Paneristi
Pam-tuned
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 10:21 pm #5

I just use a microfiber cleaning cloth wet with purified water

CowBiker
Paneristi
CowBiker
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 10:28 pm #6

Remove strap/lug wires, lightly tighten screws (keep crud out of threads)
Tape plexi w/ painters tape
light polish of stainless surfaces with Cape Cod polishing cloth, buff off.
light poslish stainless surfaces with nevr-dull, buff off
wipe off piece with soft tissue
remove painters tape on plexi
light buffing of plexi with poly-watch, buff off.
Reassemble watch, rinse under cool water assuming strap is waterproof, dry and finish wipe with microfiber cloth.

I do this once a year at best.

Pam-tuned
Paneristi
Pam-tuned
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 10:39 pm #7

I just use a microfiber cleaning cloth wet with purified water
which only takes about 3 mins

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 10:50 pm #8

GeraldT113
Paneristi
GeraldT113
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 11:07 pm #9

but never "cleaned it in 6 years

Gerald

no03330
Paneristi
no03330
Paneristi

February 6th, 2012, 11:28 pm #10

bzabodyn
Paneristi
bzabodyn
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 12:35 am #11

~Mike

mike2zero
Portland, Oregon

I use a special jewelry cleaner though safe for all metals then toothbrush then rinse with warm water - I only will use cape cod cloth/scratch brush as needed if I see a scratch/mark. I need to get good with polywatch though as the 372 plexi is probe to hairlines like crazy...

BZ

PAM 372 (Gone - 111, 210, 351, 000 DLC) - 390 in waiting!

Non-PAMs: JLC Navy SEALs Diver, GO Sport Evo Panorama Date, Omega SMP Bond Coaxial - Ennebi Fondale Bronzo Custom being built

Chinanico
Paneristi
Chinanico
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 2:08 am #12

don't go deeper than the 300m mark