Carbotech has arrived...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Carbotech has arrived...

Pamsaplenty
Paneristi

February 9th, 2018, 8:51 pm #1

I've been on here for years, and collecting PAMS since 1997, buying the pieces I love. I have been on the fence about the Carbotech for several months, as is the case for most pieces I buy--I need to know I want it. I realize it is arguably the most polarizing piece Panerai has made; there is no middle of the road --you either love it, or hate it. And that's ok. I love it.

I don't buy for others (thank goodness), but for myself. I hunted around with many of the boutiques, and struck up a conversation with the people in Waterside Shops in Naples--what an incredible group of people there. I kept asking for more photos, more information etc, and they never missed a beat. I have purchased from several boutiques, and dealers over the years, Naples was a fantastic experience, and I plan to buy more from them. Believe it or not, another Carbotech and the BMG Tech. That said, I love the watch, and very happy I acquired it, and extremely grateful for the people at the Naples Boutique--wonderful experience.

I have attached a couple of photos for your viewing pleasure. I am very taken by its various moods; in low light it is very dark, in bright light it becomes a black bengal tiger. I love it. I have some wonderful and incredibly expensive English leather and blue thread I plan to make a striking band with. And, "no" I do not make straps for others anymore. Just myself these days--

I hope you enjoy the receiving, opening and wearing experience as much as I am. Thanks Naples Panerai--as Nacho LIbre would say: "They're the besssst!"

Cheers to all...

pakal
Paneristi
pakal
Paneristi

February 9th, 2018, 9:01 pm #2

It's a solid piece, I love it too !
congrats.

FLS2K
Paneristi
FLS2K
Paneristi

February 9th, 2018, 9:13 pm #3

I've been on here for years, and collecting PAMS since 1997, buying the pieces I love. I have been on the fence about the Carbotech for several months, as is the case for most pieces I buy--I need to know I want it. I realize it is arguably the most polarizing piece Panerai has made; there is no middle of the road --you either love it, or hate it. And that's ok. I love it.

I don't buy for others (thank goodness), but for myself. I hunted around with many of the boutiques, and struck up a conversation with the people in Waterside Shops in Naples--what an incredible group of people there. I kept asking for more photos, more information etc, and they never missed a beat. I have purchased from several boutiques, and dealers over the years, Naples was a fantastic experience, and I plan to buy more from them. Believe it or not, another Carbotech and the BMG Tech. That said, I love the watch, and very happy I acquired it, and extremely grateful for the people at the Naples Boutique--wonderful experience.

I have attached a couple of photos for your viewing pleasure. I am very taken by its various moods; in low light it is very dark, in bright light it becomes a black bengal tiger. I love it. I have some wonderful and incredibly expensive English leather and blue thread I plan to make a striking band with. And, "no" I do not make straps for others anymore. Just myself these days--

I hope you enjoy the receiving, opening and wearing experience as much as I am. Thanks Naples Panerai--as Nacho LIbre would say: "They're the besssst!"

Cheers to all...
Boom, congrats! And yes, the folks at Naples are the best! 👍🏻👍🏻
FLS2K is Beef
Beef is FLS2K

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

February 9th, 2018, 9:41 pm #4

Cheers to all...
I have still not seen one in person.

Pamsaplenty
Paneristi

February 9th, 2018, 11:17 pm #5

The watch is a good size, very comfortable to wear, in fact more so than other subs I own. The weight is less than I expected, and it just feels good. I have been looking for a dark watch for some time, and I have heard to many horror stories about the ceramics, so punted. I do love them, though. This is a great piece to fill that slot for me.

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 10th, 2018, 1:45 am #6

Cheers to all...
Patina over time it will darken up and truly you have to see in the flesh images don’t due justice as u said ✊

CONGRATS Bill 616 is so so KOOL 👌👍🏻👌👍🏻

Here’s mine from a couple of years ago and today just a bit darker where I touch with hands I spent allot of time with the director of quality and testing in Milan and if you heard what they did to it to enable confidence in this new technology you would freak - the drop test was passed at insane height and onto hard surfaces it’s super strong and feel so high tech just love it 😍

Mine >>

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... 3B%26gt%3B
Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 10th, 2018, 1:49 am #7

Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 10th, 2018, 1:50 am #8

Pamsaplenty
Paneristi

February 10th, 2018, 2:08 am #9

Patina over time it will darken up and truly you have to see in the flesh images don’t due justice as u said ✊

CONGRATS Bill 616 is so so KOOL 👌👍🏻👌👍🏻

Here’s mine from a couple of years ago and today just a bit darker where I touch with hands I spent allot of time with the director of quality and testing in Milan and if you heard what they did to it to enable confidence in this new technology you would freak - the drop test was passed at insane height and onto hard surfaces it’s super strong and feel so high tech just love it 😍

Mine >>

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... 3B%26gt%3B
I have more straps than an S&M shop in Hollywood. I started making books, far more fun and less tedious--hobby of course. Not selling anything but my body, but only to female models.

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

February 10th, 2018, 2:35 am #10

Your a Funny 😂 Bugger Bill - you u will never tire from this Cracka congrats again (nt)

jjvd21
Paneristi
jjvd21
Paneristi

February 10th, 2018, 12:55 pm #11

I have still not seen one in person.
I evaluated a Carbotech yesterday at the NY boutique while getting my 438 bracelet adjusted. I was surprised at how light it felt despite its size. Very interesting piece as it’s appearance changes as you move it around, the light catches the grains in the carbon material and either reflects or is absorbed. This was highly noticeable on the bezel. Great piece.

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 11th, 2018, 2:45 pm #12

Cheers to all...
Great score!
Love that piece!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

cquilichini
Paneristi

February 12th, 2018, 4:05 pm #13

Cheers to all...
I truly enjoy my PAM616 Carbotech. It does darken with time and use and is soooo comfortable.

Enjoy in good health and you will make more straps for this piece than any other, trust me!!!!!