Calling out London Ristis (shopping advice)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Calling out London Ristis (shopping advice)

clargot
New User
clargot
New User

June 30th, 2012, 11:11 am #1

Heya Guys,

I'll be in London in to weeks from now (July 13th)

Can you please advice on any good dealer to find one of these PAMs - 311, 275, 233
And in general what are the price levels for these pieces in UK?

Really thanks,

Clargot

maniboy
Paneristi
maniboy
Paneristi

June 30th, 2012, 1:16 pm #2

Hey Bud,

Please see Julia in Wempe, Bond Street or Dean at David M Robinson in Canary Wharf, both are fantastic.
Let them know that Mani sent you and they will look after you.

All the best.

Maniboy

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

June 30th, 2012, 1:21 pm #3

Heya Guys,

Can you please advice on any good dealer to find one of these PAMs - 311, 275, 233

Really thanks,

Clargot
but try
The Watch Room at Selfridges
Wempe in Bond Street
Watches of Switzerland in New Bond Street
Harrods
The Watch Gallery, Fulham Road (I think)

As far as prices are concerned, expect to pay list, I haven't heard of any discounts.

The other London Paneristi will correct me if I'm wrong in any respect.

Happy Hunting!

chriswiles
Paneristi
chriswiles
Paneristi

June 30th, 2012, 1:53 pm #4

Heya Guys,

Really thanks,

Clargot
It's near impossible to obtain any kind of discount from a Panerai bought from London retailers (unless you have built up a long-standing relationship with a dealer, perhaps).

London is an incredibly affluent city and there are plenty of buyers from Russia, China, the Middle East and so on, who are more than happy to pay full price....and the dealers know this.

Indeed, I often find London dealers somewhat aloof for this reason. They don't need to work as hard to shift rare PAMs, compared to a dealer outside of the capital.

The advantage is, they get the more expensive PAMs. I've seen a couple of 311s in Selfridges, as an example.

Bobbys_bits
Paneristi

June 30th, 2012, 5:00 pm #5

Heya Guys,

Really thanks,

Clargot
I would never buy a list price PAM. I live in Italy and have a number of PAMs, all of which have been purchased form a PAM official dealer, and with a 10-15% discount very time. The list prices allow for some reduction. Given the price of most PAMs, sounds like you'd be better off flying to another European country (especially now that the euro rate is rising in your favour), having negotiated a reasonable price over the phone first. Might even get to spend an afternoon in a beautiful city as a bonus. Ciao.

clargot
New User
clargot
New User

June 30th, 2012, 6:53 pm #6

Heya Guys,

Really thanks,

Clargot
Thanks guys!

philwongnz
Paneristi
philwongnz
Paneristi

June 30th, 2012, 11:14 pm #7

Heya Guys,

Really thanks,

Clargot
Mate look for James at Harrods, he's my guy! No attitude or looking at you up and down just lay back and chill. Great guy to talk to. Also remember to get your VAT return and join the Harrods club card cos as least you get can get some cash reward back as you gonna pay retail/full price anyway.

mikesearle5
Paneristi
mikesearle5
Paneristi

July 1st, 2012, 8:34 am #8

Heya Guys,

Really thanks,

Clargot
The b. arcade is a great place to shop, they have 2-3 shops that sell watches.

Discount can vary, but the stores are good.

The arcade is off new bond street.

If you need anything else just let me know

Cheers

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

July 1st, 2012, 1:20 pm #9

nt

portlandgrey
Paneristi

July 2nd, 2012, 8:19 pm #10

Heya Guys,

Really thanks,

Clargot
The Wonder Room at Selfridges on Oxford Street is worth a look.
Ask for Kevyn, he was great in dealing with my 372 order through to collection last weekend.

They have a very organized system for completing your VAT refund forms too.

Very impressed with the service, Kevyn went out of his way to help.

Tell him Darren from Guernsey sent you.