Buying a 183G!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Buying a 183G!

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 5:04 am #1

Can anyone verify its authenticity based on the pics below?

Thanks in advance, guys! I'll be meeting the seller tonight. Wish me luck!

Pinoyristi based in SG

Phumanchu
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 7:06 am #2

....my first Pam, great piece and good luck with sale mate. Miss mine already....

guibs
Paneristi
guibs
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 12:47 pm #3

Pinoyristi based in SG
Let me know how it goes.

khfw01
Paneristi
khfw01
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 1:35 pm #4

Pinoyristi based in SG
Why G? is it more special?

Phumanchu
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 3:09 pm #5

...but different, G series first year of production in 2004, 1500 pcs, "black seal" @ 6 o clock as opposed to "panerai" at 6 o clock for following batches and finally panerai engraved movement.

Hope this helps.

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 4:05 pm #6

Pinoyristi based in SG
It's already home! All the numbers were matching (watch, stickers, COSC certificate, etc) plus I thoroughly checked all the other details that my friends taught me.

Big thanks to Raymond, ZZ & Yeu Huan for the knowledge they shared on which parts/details to check before pulling the trigger :D

Thanks to Phuman as well for his reply & for sharing pictures of his watch for comparison/reference.

On to the pics (sorry for the poor quality - just used my iPhone's cam under a warm light):

Will take some decent pictures with my 000 this weekend. Thanks for looking!

Pinoyristi based in SG

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 4:08 pm #7

...but different, G series first year of production in 2004, 1500 pcs, "black seal" @ 6 o clock as opposed to "panerai" at 6 o clock for following batches and finally panerai engraved movement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the explanation, Phuman!

Pinoyristi based in SG

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 4:11 pm #8

Let me know how it goes.

Well I guess you already know how it went

Pinoyristi based in SG

Phumanchu
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 4:16 pm #9

It's already home! All the numbers were matching (watch, stickers, COSC certificate, etc) plus I thoroughly checked all the other details that my friends taught me.

Big thanks to Raymond, ZZ & Yeu Huan for the knowledge they shared on which parts/details to check before pulling the trigger :D

Thanks to Phuman as well for his reply & for sharing pictures of his watch for comparison/reference.

On to the pics (sorry for the poor quality - just used my iPhone's cam under a warm light):

Pinoyristi based in SG
You are in safe hands with the Sing risis, shame I didnt have enough time last december to hook up with the guys when I was over for 3 nights for my little bros wedding. Next time......

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 4:33 pm #10

Always had an affinity for the Black Seal Rads.

May 15th, 2012, 7:10 pm #11

Pinoyristi based in SG
I have been on the hunt for one of those G series 183s for some time...maybe I'll get lucky like you did. Enjoy it in the best of health, Michael

cosmicmike
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 8:56 pm #12

Pinoyristi based in SG
Bought this one new many years ago and had to let it go when the 232 came around -- but to me this is the watch that put the Radiomir back on the map. Big congrats!

Big D
360, 232,372
If You Don't Go, You Can't Come Back.
RIP BBQ & Drew

zameenzahari
Paneristi

May 15th, 2012, 10:21 pm #13

Pinoyristi based in SG
Glad to have been part of the hunt in a very small
Way...

Wear her in the best of health!!

TRISTAN29
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 12:24 am #14

Pinoyristi based in SG

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:38 am #15

You are in safe hands with the Sing risis, shame I didnt have enough time last december to hook up with the guys when I was over for 3 nights for my little bros wedding. Next time......

I know, SG Ristis are the best! Let us know if you're heading over and let's grab a beer or coffee

Pinoyristi based in SG

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:46 am #16

I have been on the hunt for one of those G series 183s for some time...maybe I'll get lucky like you did. Enjoy it in the best of health, Michael

If you're still on the hunt, I can give you the contact details of some sellers here in Singapore. I will also personally check the piece for you once you're already decided. Let me know, yeah? Cheers mate!

Pinoyristi based in SG

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 2:50 am #17

Glad to have been part of the hunt in a very small
Way...

Wear her in the best of health!!

I know! It only took 3 full days for the hunt and purchase. Appreciate your help, mate!

Pinoyristi based in SG

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 3:13 am #18

Pinoyristi based in SG
cosmicmike - Thank you for the kind words. The 232 is an awesome piece as well so I believe no regrets there

tristan29 - Thank you, John! Nice piece indeed

Pinoyristi based in SG

NJP88
Paneristi
NJP88
Paneristi

May 16th, 2012, 3:17 am #19

Always had an affinity for the Black Seal Rads.

Pinoyristi based in SG