Base 000 with replaced bridges

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Base 000 with replaced bridges

sleepybubba
New User
sleepybubba
New User

March 4th, 2018, 9:08 pm #1

Hi,

I won the ebay auction for Base 000. The owner stated that the bridges were replaced with hand-made ones. I was about to pay but now am having second thoughts...

Here is from auction description:

Problems:There is a long scratch across the case back along with a smaller scratch.There are a few slight scuffs along the band.Four of the watch bridges were damaged from a hard impact. They protected the gears from damage but the bridges had to be replaced. But as the pictures show the gears and jewels weren't damaged. The new bridges are in excellent condition .The balance and regulator weren't damaged.

Not sure if I am allowed to post a link to the auction but just in case:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112836400201

Should I continue with the purchase, or run as far away as I can. If I am to keep it, any idea how much the real Panerai bridges will cost me? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

cronomundi
Paneristi
cronomundi
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 9:35 pm #2

Hi

I would think it twice, maybe i am wrong but a PAM 000 with COSC?
The movement with no panerai stamp ? What about the box ?

Best

jibuti
Paneristi
jibuti
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 10:35 pm #3

Hi,

I won the ebay auction for Base 000. The owner stated that the bridges were replaced with hand-made ones. I was about to pay but now am having second thoughts...

Problems:There is a long scratch across the case back along with a smaller scratch.There are a few slight scuffs along the band.Four of the watch bridges were damaged from a hard impact. They protected the gears from damage but the bridges had to be replaced. But as the pictures show the gears and jewels weren't damaged. The new bridges are in excellent condition .The balance and regulator weren't damaged.

Should I continue with the purchase, or run as far away as I can. If I am to keep it, any idea how much the real Panerai bridges will cost me? Any advise is greatly appreciated.
clearly fake, do not pay and report.

jibuti
Paneristi
jibuti
Paneristi

March 4th, 2018, 10:39 pm #4

Hi,

be seen that seller or someone known to him-probably-managed to raise bids (one with feedback zero)

best is to back off.

sleepybubba
New User
sleepybubba
New User

March 4th, 2018, 11:16 pm #5

Hi

I would think it twice, maybe i am wrong but a PAM 000 with COSC?
The movement with no panerai stamp ? What about the box ?

Best
No box and the seller is upfront about it.

sleepybubba
New User
sleepybubba
New User

March 4th, 2018, 11:17 pm #6

be seen that seller or someone known to him-probably-managed to raise bids (one with feedback zero)

best is to back off.
Backing off. Thanks all!

btocamelo
Paneristi
btocamelo
Paneristi

March 5th, 2018, 2:20 am #7

Hi,

THAT IS A CHEAP FAKE CHINESE ETA MOVEMENT!!!

pakal
Paneristi
pakal
Paneristi

March 5th, 2018, 2:37 am #8

Hi,

R-U-N what a bad fake! NT

ThunderDownUnder
Paneristi

March 5th, 2018, 10:45 am #9

Hi,

Looks like @ glance is seagul 6497-2 run RUN run 🏃‍♀️ even faster (nt)
Ohhhh So Much MORE than just a Watch 🤩 it’s the mates behind the Watch & the “Mateships” we create that simply Blows me “Away” ❤️

Cheers Beers & Hoo Roo Hammer 🔨 🇦🇺♿️👍🏻

sleepybubba
New User
sleepybubba
New User

March 5th, 2018, 2:07 pm #10

Hi,

Thanks all for replying. This was almost an impulse buy where the auction was ending within minutes so I figured bid first, think after.

After searching further through ebay, I found couple of chinese-made watches without any pretesnse with movement matching this one exactly. The seller is resisting stating that a bid is a contract, blah blah blah. Time to get ebay involved.

micah372
Paneristi
micah372
Paneristi

March 5th, 2018, 3:09 pm #11

Hi,

The fact that you even have to ask.... [nt]

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

March 5th, 2018, 6:50 pm #12

Thanks all for replying. This was almost an impulse buy where the auction was ending within minutes so I figured bid first, think after.

After searching further through ebay, I found couple of chinese-made watches without any pretesnse with movement matching this one exactly. The seller is resisting stating that a bid is a contract, blah blah blah. Time to get ebay involved.
Not if the item is a counterfeit. If you paid for example via PayPal and the item was a fake, you'd be protected anyway. Tell the seller to pound sand if he wants to get loose.

Fleetlord
Paneristi
Fleetlord
Paneristi

March 6th, 2018, 4:17 pm #13

Hi,

C'mon man. You can't really be considering this.

Stay away from Ebay until you know.

stockae92
Paneristi
stockae92
Paneristi

March 7th, 2018, 12:32 am #14

Hi,

how can an impact damaged all 4 movement bridge, which was protected by a solid caseback, but the rest of the movement are ok and not affected?

and of course, buy high value items from a new eBay seller is always a risky business proposition.

stockae92
Paneristi
stockae92
Paneristi

March 7th, 2018, 12:40 am #15

Hi,

btw, he relisted the "same watch" with some new photos and the movement bridges are no longer damaged ...

and please, don't make best offer on this one

btocamelo
Paneristi
btocamelo
Paneristi

March 7th, 2018, 5:01 am #16

Hi,

in many cases .... when you have that little voice in the back of your head that says something is too good to be true ... listen to it!

Ask for a photo of the movement with the case back next to it for verification! Also, many of these older Panerai movements have COSC certificates which contain the movement number stamped ... that should match the stamping on the movement.

sleepybubba
New User
sleepybubba
New User

March 7th, 2018, 5:39 pm #17

btw, he relisted the "same watch" with some new photos and the movement bridges are no longer damaged ...

and please, don't make best offer on this one
I reported that item to ebay both last time when I bid and another time. I also spoke with ebay regarding this seller. He/sher already has 1 warning from Vero program but unfortunately they need at least 3 reports to remove the listing and who knows how many warnings from Vero to suspend the account.

ristiwrist
Paneristi
ristiwrist
Paneristi

March 19th, 2018, 12:09 am #18

Hi,

There's no reason to take the risk!
Find an unquestionable one, do not be in a rush.