Anybody have any info on the Israeli version of the egiziano?

Anybody have any info on the Israeli version of the egiziano?

jacmerlin
Paneristi

December 18th, 2011, 5:37 am #1

Hello,

Not entirely sure of this one at all.
Was there a 60mm made for Israel?? Is it the one with levers on both sides of the case??

Any info would be appreciated!

Jonathan
Last edited by Asimut on December 19th, 2011, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

December 19th, 2011, 7:53 am #2

The double crown Egiziano is referred to as the 'Israeli prototype'. The left "crown guard" is actually a locking device for the rotating bezel.

1) I didn't find anyone in Israel who could confirm this (but maybe its because I was assuming the project was in the 50's or 60's and therefore talking to the wrong people)

2) Recent information suggests this project was the late 1970's early 1980's, 1982 to be more precise. I will be trying to research that path....

3) There seems to be a consensus that this project never made it past the prototype. Was it case only or was it assembled partly or entirely - no answer. It was definitely assembled at one time, as we can see in the pics

Here are some pics -

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

zameenzahari
Paneristi

December 19th, 2011, 8:45 am #3

examples of this variant. In the years in between, have you encountered more? Thanks again for the very informative replies- keep em coming!

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

December 19th, 2011, 9:59 am #4

I have nothing in writing, so basically I bring the information as is. I have not seen more than these 4, but I cannot say if some of them were assembled completely or partially at a later stage.

~Asi~

jacmerlin
Paneristi

December 20th, 2011, 3:14 am #5

Hello,
Thanks for posting the photos..... they are awesome!!
That must have been a pro to of extremely limited qty's.

Just taking a different path towards the early 80s??
Hopefully this research will produced the findings you are looking for!!
Great detective work!!

Thanks a million Asi !!

Jonathan

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

December 20th, 2011, 12:44 pm #6

The double crown Egiziano is referred to as the 'Israeli prototype'. The left "crown guard" is actually a locking device for the rotating bezel.

1) I didn't find anyone in Israel who could confirm this (but maybe its because I was assuming the project was in the 50's or 60's and therefore talking to the wrong people)

2) Recent information suggests this project was the late 1970's early 1980's, 1982 to be more precise. I will be trying to research that path....

3) There seems to be a consensus that this project never made it past the prototype. Was it case only or was it assembled partly or entirely - no answer. It was definitely assembled at one time, as we can see in the pics

Here are some pics -

~Asi~

Il Duomo Firenze