Any PAM270 owner with same issue ? need help with solutions :(

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Any PAM270 owner with same issue ? need help with solutions :(

davetrends
New User
davetrends
New User

July 16th, 2012, 4:30 am #1

Dear my fellow paneristi,

I recently purchased used PAM270K on ebay (wirelug), it worked fine for about 2 weeks and then drama starts.

the movement suddenly stopped eventho its still 8 days left on the power reserve (even if I use it on daily base).

I tried to wind it and its showing 10 days power reserve (100% FULL), it worked fine for 10 minutes then another DEAD moment.

anyone experienced with this problem ? anybody has solutions to this issue remembering :
- I purchased the watch in USA (ebay seller 'wirelug') but im already left USA.

is there any suggestion other than get the watch serviced through local AD as Some of my friends told me that fixing through local AD will take up to 6 months.

Thanks and have a great day.

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

July 16th, 2012, 5:08 am #2

I hope its still under warranty.

cpdstick
Paneristi
cpdstick
Paneristi

July 16th, 2012, 5:16 am #3

I recently purchased used PAM270K on ebay (wirelug), it worked fine for about 2 weeks and then drama starts.

the movement suddenly stopped eventho its still 8 days left on the power reserve (even if I use it on daily base).

I tried to wind it and its showing 10 days power reserve (100% FULL), it worked fine for 10 minutes then another DEAD moment.

anyone experienced with this problem ? anybody has solutions to this issue remembering :

is there any suggestion other than get the watch serviced through local AD as Some of my friends told me that fixing through local AD will take up to 6 months.

Contact the ebay seller...did it come with a warranty?

davetrends
New User
davetrends
New User

July 16th, 2012, 5:23 am #4

I hope its still under warranty.

any idea ... how much would it be for the service ?
thanks

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

July 16th, 2012, 5:35 am #5

The Service Center will charge you to inspect it. They will then contact with with a quotation for any repair work. You can either authorize it or can take the watch back.

Of course, if its still under warranty, there would be no charge unless it was determined it was abused or some fault of the user.

As another poster suggested, you should contact the seller to see what warranty options you may have (if any).

Eric

kevrcoffin
Paneristi
kevrcoffin
Paneristi

July 16th, 2012, 6:24 pm #6

Similar situation. Bought the watch from a 3rd party and the morning after I woke up an the movement had stopped, with the power reserve almost full. Sent it in to the Dallas service center and was told it was an "amplitude" problem. Was resolved, but didn't keep a series of follies from occuring until I eventually bailed on the piece. And then from Panerai altogether. Over the past 18 months, have had one service issue (minor...loose bezel) with 6 mechanical pieces $500 or less, and ZERO with my GS Spring Drive Diver and Rolex Explorer II. For me, not indicative of the brand. I figure that I'm just cursed

For your amusement:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... Home%21%21

Kevin

kevrcoffin
Paneristi
kevrcoffin
Paneristi

July 16th, 2012, 6:28 pm #7

Eventually the replacement 270 also had the same amplitude problem. Panerai NY eventually offered me a replacement of another 270, a 233 or a 311. I took the 311 out of curiousity but then flipped it several months later. Too complex and didn't sing for me.

reduardo
Paneristi
reduardo
Paneristi

July 16th, 2012, 11:17 pm #8

from warranty:

http://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id_li ... d_item=101

Every Panerai watch is guaranteed for 24 months from date of purchase against any problem in the working of the watch and without time limit against any manufacturing defect. Only parts showing defective workmanship, duly verified by a Panerai Service Centre, will be repaired or replaced free of charge.

In order to benefit from the Panerai international guarantee/limited warranty, it is necessary to present, either at an Authorized Dealer or Panerai Service Centre the duly completed guarantee/warranty certificate, dated and stamped by an Authorized Panerai Dealer.

===============
The thing is, the watch had to have an AD genesis.