Advice on Shipping from the Paris Boutique

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Advice on Shipping from the Paris Boutique

majdeegans
Paneristi
majdeegans
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 9:57 am #1

I ordered a watch through the Paris Boutique (I live in Düsseldorf Germany) and now I am trying to figure out how to arrange shipping. The boutique said that their policy requires me to pick it up or organize the shipping and that they can no longer organize the shipping without a signature from me, which would require going to the boutique anyway.

Anybody have any advice or experience here.

Cheers,
M

patrick-belgium
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 11:59 am #2

they allready shipped to me in the past and as far as I know other boutiques ship also, unless this a new kind of "non-service" we may expect from the so highly praised boutiques

if they need a signature why not just sent them a fax, or call Mr. Castel he is the boutique manager and explain your problem ( he understands English ) first you'll have to wire the money of course.

hope this helps,

P@trick

PAM1A
Paneristi
PAM1A
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 12:55 pm #3

I ordered a watch through the Paris Boutique (I live in Düsseldorf Germany) and now I am trying to figure out how to arrange shipping. The boutique said that their policy requires me to pick it up or organize the shipping and that they can no longer organize the shipping without a signature from me, which would require going to the boutique anyway.

Cheers,
M
... I had my last watch shipped from Portofino, OP paid for shipping and I made my payment upfront.

You might as well ask them to ship it to the oldest europeen Panerai dealer, thats BLOME in Düsseldorf, they might as well be of help allthough watch was not purchased with them.

Just my 0.02$

Thorsten (from Düsseldorf)

gfriedell
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 2:55 pm #4

Cheers,
M

HarryM9
Paneristi
HarryM9
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 3:03 pm #5

Cheers,
M
Hi Matthew, sorry to hear about your problem.
Why don't you combine the bad with the good and make a weekend trip to Paris?
Just for fun I went to the DB website and came across this.
http://www.bahn.de/p/view/angebot/bahn- ... aris.shtml

It seems pretty cheap, 39 Euros, and you get to ride those high-speed ICE or TGV trains. 320km/h (about 200 miles per hour) sounds like a blast and get's you there as fast as a plane does.
I might just do that next time i'm in Düsseldorf.

/h

majdeegans
Paneristi
majdeegans
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 3:22 pm #6

they allready shipped to me in the past and as far as I know other boutiques ship also, unless this a new kind of "non-service" we may expect from the so highly praised boutiques

if they need a signature why not just sent them a fax, or call Mr. Castel he is the boutique manager and explain your problem ( he understands English ) first you'll have to wire the money of course.

hope this helps,

P@trick

Yes, I am planning to call Eric ... after I wire the money of course!

majdeegans
Paneristi
majdeegans
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 3:28 pm #7

From what I understood its a new policy which requires you to organize pickup or personally authorize shipment (not via fax) and it may be due to the fact that there is a German boutique now. I need to clarify the situation still.

Everyone at the Paris Boutique has been extremely helpful and nice so I know they will accommodate me somehow.

majdeegans
Paneristi
majdeegans
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 3:33 pm #8

Hi Matthew, sorry to hear about your problem.
Why don't you combine the bad with the good and make a weekend trip to Paris?
Just for fun I went to the DB website and came across this.
http://www.bahn.de/p/view/angebot/bahn- ... aris.shtml

It seems pretty cheap, 39 Euros, and you get to ride those high-speed ICE or TGV trains. 320km/h (about 200 miles per hour) sounds like a blast and get's you there as fast as a plane does.
I might just do that next time i'm in Düsseldorf.

/h

Good idea Harald. I thought about it as well however ... I would be obliged to take my girlfriend with me and she is not yet privy to the fact that I am buying another watch which means I either have to tell her about it before going to Paris or surprise her there. Both of those options are far more painful than simply breaking the news over dinner after work with a 'Oh yeah by the way I bought another watch that looks (in your opinion) identical to the last one I bought' hahaha

Maybe honesty is the policy in the end

majdeegans
Paneristi
majdeegans
Paneristi

May 4th, 2012, 3:34 pm #9

... I had my last watch shipped from Portofino, OP paid for shipping and I made my payment upfront.

You might as well ask them to ship it to the oldest europeen Panerai dealer, thats BLOME in Düsseldorf, they might as well be of help allthough watch was not purchased with them.

Just my 0.02$

Thorsten (from Düsseldorf)
Have you shipped to Blome before? That could be a solution.

HarryM9
Paneristi
HarryM9
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 12:53 am #10

Good idea Harald. I thought about it as well however ... I would be obliged to take my girlfriend with me and she is not yet privy to the fact that I am buying another watch which means I either have to tell her about it before going to Paris or surprise her there. Both of those options are far more painful than simply breaking the news over dinner after work with a 'Oh yeah by the way I bought another watch that looks (in your opinion) identical to the last one I bought' hahaha

Maybe honesty is the policy in the end
Here's what you do M8. Get a train ticket for next weekend, leaving Friday night. During the week casually mention you're going out with your buddies Friday evening. Tell her you don't really want to go to the Altstadt for a beer, or two but one of your buddies has something to celebrate. (I'm sure they'll help you cover.)
In case you're living with your girlfriend, make sure to take over the next few days additional clothes in your briefcase with you to work. Make sure that you have everything you'll need for the trip ready beforehand and deposit the travel bag in a rental lockbox at the train station. Remember, you don't want to carry a travel bag with you when you're supposed to go for a casual beer with the boys.
Come Friday you get ready to hit with your pals the longest bar in the world (=Düsseldorfer Altstadt). When you leave don't forget to say you'd rather stay with her.
Then head straight to the train station to leave for Paris. Enjoy the weekend!
When you return Sunday evening, don't forget to deposit your bag in a lock box. You can wear your new Pam, she won't notice. Buy a bottle of beer and pour some of it over your head and drink the rest. Rearrange your closing that you look like you walked straight off the set of the movie hangover. Once home make up the most outrages story you can think of. One bar after the other (=typical Altstadt round), you ended up drinking way more than you intended good times and the last thing you remember is that all over sudden there was a fight ... and police was suddenly everywhere and than you woke up earlier today at a police station. Is it really already Sunday????
That should do it.

nadelstern
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 12:26 pm #11

Cheers,
M
... ordering watches and shoes from France overseas.

vincent_drlin
Paneristi

May 5th, 2012, 2:09 pm #12

Yes, I am planning to call Eric ... after I wire the money of course!
How to wire the money? could I pay with my credit card? any extra fee? tks...