About the boutiques and the Asian market ...Panerai, please listen to Patek Philippe

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

About the boutiques and the Asian market ...Panerai, please listen to Patek Philippe

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

May 18th, 2012, 11:11 am #1

I love several brands and Panerai is one of them but I think we can agree Patek Philippe is still the most important brand.

Listen to the CEO and hear what he thinks about boutiques and retailers they have done business with since several generations. I hope Panerai will learn from this

Especially the part about the retailers and the boutiques !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the fact that they consider Europe and the US still VERY important is good to know too. They don't want focus too much on China. They prefer to keep a lot of watches in Europe and the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llY_TeFAcvA

docfink
Paneristi
docfink
Paneristi

May 18th, 2012, 11:23 am #2

....hard to argue with Mr. Stern. No global area is getting short-changed by Patek and I love the fact that "mom and pop" retailers still matter to them. I think the boutique-only route is a mistake--by any manufacturer.

david

zameenzahari
Paneristi

May 18th, 2012, 11:23 am #3

I love several brands and Panerai is one of them but I think we can agree Patek Philippe is still the most important brand.

Listen to the CEO and hear what he thinks about boutiques and retailers they have done business with since several generations. I hope Panerai will learn from this

Especially the part about the retailers and the boutiques !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the fact that they consider Europe and the US still VERY important is good to know too. They don't want focus too much on China. They prefer to keep a lot of watches in Europe and the US.

see PAMs in the wild almost everytime you go out. And see Krieng's report on the 200 plus who attended the Thairistis GTG not to mention the 2 suitcases filled with modern PAMs whose owner is a single person.

The same can be said with the Indoristis and Pinoyristis .

China is an important part of Asia but not the only market for Richemont...

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

May 18th, 2012, 11:36 am #4

You are right, I think I said it wrong
But for me the most important part in the interview is the thing about the boutiques And I don't care if they are in Europe, US or Asia

But what he said about boutiques is imo very important. They have a good relationship with their dealers. Some of them know each other since several generations.
AND at least, they have the decency to keep it this way.
They don't show their middel finger to these AD.
You know what I mean .... Thank you mr AD for your support but from now on you'll get less sought after watches and you can forget about the really special pieces .... these will be sold via our own boutiques.

mrpanerai
Paneristi

May 18th, 2012, 2:45 pm #5

However the new world order will be boutiques lead by Panerai.
Companies like LVMH and Swatch have seen how well Panerai has done
with boutiques and are following suit. It not only allows them complete
control of distribution, but allows them to get the full makeup.

In this new world order the retailer is left out in the cold
after years of building these brands. Its very interesting to
watch and will cost consumers more in the end.

Just my .02

LUCCHAO
Paneristi
LUCCHAO
Paneristi

May 18th, 2012, 5:29 pm #6

it's rare seeing such large company being family owned, there are few examples with such success

And it's quite nice hear some concerns about keeping ethics and relationships rather than focus only on money

I guess this makes difference between a GREAT company and a BIG company. Things that remain for history not only account books.

best

xaggie95
Paneristi
xaggie95
Paneristi

May 18th, 2012, 5:43 pm #7

Always has been a dream to own a PP one day.

Austin, TX

Peter_Gee
Paneristi
Peter_Gee
Paneristi

May 18th, 2012, 6:44 pm #8

Thanks for sharing the interview.

One word I take from Mr Stern, LOYALTY - Very refreshing