A year of being on Paneristi...........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

A year of being on Paneristi...........

Phumanchu
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 1:37 pm #1

.....where has the time gone? A little over a year ago, I logged on here to seek advice on whether to go for an unused or used 183, but then replies opened my eyes to the 183G, the G series got the vote and I was lucky enough to source one. Loved it and started checking p.com daily. In fact, this place became quite addictive, these smart phones do no wonders for your social skills (I can picture me and the missus in bed both on our iphones, not even talking to each other!!!!).......anyhow in this time Ive been lucky enough to meet a load of ristis in person and online, many have helped me, offered advice and even sent me items for no other reason than being a m8. It really is a funny thing that is hard to explain to people outside of this circle.
During this time I must have picked a hundred different options for a next PAM but to cut a long story short a year later I was lucky enough to get the email for a 390.
Unfortunately simple economics meant I could not keep my beloved radiomir, but Im sure somewhere down the line Im sure Ill be able to pick another rad up - 449 would be a touch

So on with some pics......alas.....very sad to see number 1190/1500 go as it was my first Pam but needs must and I couldnt have one without off'ing another.....(Id be bang in trouble with the missus)

I posted a quick and dirty report of the pickup a few posts below but managed to get 10 minutes before work this morning to take some "better" pics......so here they are.....

It goes without saying Im loving the new piece and know I'm very fortunate to have got it, it completes my first year on risti. Highlights include getting up to the infamous DBA - Explaining to the wife that I was meeting a complete stranger at his house(Simon (Rapers) cheers mate!) for the lift to meet even more strangers for a few pints and a chinese, all because of a watch - Cheers Ade (Covac) for mailing me that time and kicking this off for me otherwise I would have never met the UK crew (Too many of you good guys and girls to list!)

If you made it this far, cheers for looking and heres to more fun years ahead. Thanks to all that have helped me, advised me, provided knowledge and ultimately hooked me up with a keeper of a piece - you all know who you are.

Cheers and m8's

owenkel
Paneristi
owenkel
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 1:41 pm #2

x

Oliver
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfahlen, Germany

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 1:48 pm #3

.....where has the time gone? A little over a year ago, I logged on here to seek advice on whether to go for an unused or used 183, but then replies opened my eyes to the 183G, the G series got the vote and I was lucky enough to source one. Loved it and started checking p.com daily. In fact, this place became quite addictive, these smart phones do no wonders for your social skills (I can picture me and the missus in bed both on our iphones, not even talking to each other!!!!).......anyhow in this time Ive been lucky enough to meet a load of ristis in person and online, many have helped me, offered advice and even sent me items for no other reason than being a m8. It really is a funny thing that is hard to explain to people outside of this circle.
During this time I must have picked a hundred different options for a next PAM but to cut a long story short a year later I was lucky enough to get the email for a 390.
Unfortunately simple economics meant I could not keep my beloved radiomir, but Im sure somewhere down the line Im sure Ill be able to pick another rad up - 449 would be a touch

So on with some pics......alas.....very sad to see number 1190/1500 go as it was my first Pam but needs must and I couldnt have one without off'ing another.....(Id be bang in trouble with the missus)

I posted a quick and dirty report of the pickup a few posts below but managed to get 10 minutes before work this morning to take some "better" pics......so here they are.....

It goes without saying Im loving the new piece and know I'm very fortunate to have got it, it completes my first year on risti. Highlights include getting up to the infamous DBA - Explaining to the wife that I was meeting a complete stranger at his house(Simon (Rapers) cheers mate!) for the lift to meet even more strangers for a few pints and a chinese, all because of a watch - Cheers Ade (Covac) for mailing me that time and kicking this off for me otherwise I would have never met the UK crew (Too many of you good guys and girls to list!)

If you made it this far, cheers for looking and heres to more fun years ahead. Thanks to all that have helped me, advised me, provided knowledge and ultimately hooked me up with a keeper of a piece - you all know who you are.

Cheers and m8's

TokyoSkier
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 1:52 pm #4

Cheers and m8's

Thanks for sharing the story and the pics! Wow you have great taste in watches and equally great skills with the camera! Love the pics!

Had a similar experience meeting some Ristis here in Tokyo - a PM led to my first GTG and my wife wondering what's the big deal? But she is very aware of my being a WIS and told me to have a great time. One of the great decisions of my life was deciding to become a Paneristi.

RUpanerai
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 1:56 pm #5

Cheers and m8's

sdumperth
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 1:57 pm #6

Cheers and m8's

She looks great on that strap

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

Gaetano75
Paneristi
Gaetano75
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 2:20 pm #7

Congratulations for this new one

I'm agree the strap is perfect , very good choice Guy

handster
Paneristi
handster
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 2:23 pm #8

Cheers and m8's

Really pleased for you,enjoy in the best of health.
If you have time please e-mail me.

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 2:31 pm #9

Cheers and m8's

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 2:36 pm #10

Cheers and m8's

- Peter

- Peter

So much more than just a watch!

toulouse2
Paneristi
toulouse2
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 2:46 pm #11

Cheers and m8's

Sweet pictures of your 390! I'd love to own one someday.

CPDay
Paneristi
CPDay
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 2:49 pm #12

Cheers and m8's

Nice one Phu............nt

chippyjon
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 2:50 pm #13

Cheers and m8's

kklj

Cheers

South coast - UK

nellisc
Paneristi
nellisc
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 2:52 pm #14

Cheers and m8's

k_rerkpooritat
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 3:17 pm #15

Cheers and m8's

You will love 390 more and more...Cheers!

Panerai....So Much More Than Just A Watch!!

JYoungLA
Paneristi
JYoungLA
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 3:22 pm #16

Cheers and m8's

Major congrats on snagging the 390 Phuman! If you recall I wanted to thank you again for those scans of the 390 on the khaki olive shark you emailed me, and to think that the day you post your 390 is also the day I finally got that strap! lol Again enjoy and wear in best of health my friend, thanks again and cheers ~ Jeff

Togian
Paneristi
Togian
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 3:53 pm #17

Cheers and m8's

For what we call in France : the Nut

And as I told you, an idea from our common mate :

Enjoy the 390 !

shmeedr
Paneristi
shmeedr
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 3:58 pm #18

Cheers and m8's

Next purchase!

My Grails.

Avi: "Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?"
Bullet Tooth Tony: "You can call me Susan if it makes you happy." Snatch

Kevin Schmieder

Pam 111 N Series
Pam 005 N Series (Gone)
Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610

cpoomchai
Paneristi
cpoomchai
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 4:58 pm #19

Cheers and m8's

covactanks
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 5:00 pm #20

Cheers and m8's

...please start wearing T-Shirts from the MEN'S section now you have a man's watch

<a href="http://photobucket.com">
'Last night what we talked about
It made so much sense
But now the haze has ascended
It don't make no sense anymore'

</a>

RIPBBQ