A quick thought-share on my new Titanium 176

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

A quick thought-share on my new Titanium 176

epanerai12
Paneristi
epanerai12
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 12:48 pm #1

Hello everyone - I dont post much in the forum section but do frequently play in the collectors market every now and then, but i thought i'd share an interesting observation. Well, interesting to me at least.

I have owned a total of 7 panerais so far, flipped all of them, and always came back to SS models, ie 000, 005, 312, etc. In my latest game of flippits, I decided to do something different. I decided that it was time to experience a titanium pam. I've had ti watches before, so I knew what the pros/cons were, but yet I hadnt experienced a fully Ti pam yet. So, 2 days ago, I sealed a trade deal via this site with a great guy out in Illinois, who had a 176L he was looking to trade. When it arrived tuesday, I picked it up and noticed how incredibly light it is....even for a ti watch, just super light. I thought I was going to have buyers, or traders remorse and miss the heft of the SS pam sitting atop my wrist. Well, its been 72 hours since its been strapped on and I will tell anyone who doubts buying a Ti Pam bc of its weight that this is, for me, the most comfortable pam i have ever worn....period.

Im smitten and couldnt be happier. Its comfy, rugged looking, matches great with my one paci strap and all around a pleasure to oggle at. So if you doubt going to a Ti pam because of the weight, or lack thereof, dont be shy, try one on for a while and you'll see what Im talking about. This one may be a keeper!!

Very happy with my aquistion and thank you to Dennis aka I-sinned for a smooth trade deal.

Sorry for the rotated pic.

drangel
Paneristi
drangel
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 3:04 pm #2

So great to read your post, since I am picking up my first PAM next week and its a 176
I also loved the feel of the Titanium when I tried it on.
I think its perfect for me.
I cant wait to experience it.

epanerai12
Paneristi
epanerai12
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 4:18 pm #3

I'm glad my rather boring post hit you positively. I did try a 177 on yrs ago at my AD and quickly dismissed it for its featherweight heft. But I've always longed for one just bc of the look of the ti pams and I'm thrilled I finally pulled the trigger on one. I'm not generally a fan of oversized or large watches, but I am a superfan of panerais and the ti lightness is a great combo for a dailu driver. You won't regret it.

abunai
Paneristi
abunai
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 5:25 pm #4

Hello everyone - I dont post much in the forum section but do frequently play in the collectors market every now and then, but i thought i'd share an interesting observation. Well, interesting to me at least.

I have owned a total of 7 panerais so far, flipped all of them, and always came back to SS models, ie 000, 005, 312, etc. In my latest game of flippits, I decided to do something different. I decided that it was time to experience a titanium pam. I've had ti watches before, so I knew what the pros/cons were, but yet I hadnt experienced a fully Ti pam yet. So, 2 days ago, I sealed a trade deal via this site with a great guy out in Illinois, who had a 176L he was looking to trade. When it arrived tuesday, I picked it up and noticed how incredibly light it is....even for a ti watch, just super light. I thought I was going to have buyers, or traders remorse and miss the heft of the SS pam sitting atop my wrist. Well, its been 72 hours since its been strapped on and I will tell anyone who doubts buying a Ti Pam bc of its weight that this is, for me, the most comfortable pam i have ever worn....period.

Im smitten and couldnt be happier. Its comfy, rugged looking, matches great with my one paci strap and all around a pleasure to oggle at. So if you doubt going to a Ti pam because of the weight, or lack thereof, dont be shy, try one on for a while and you'll see what Im talking about. This one may be a keeper!!

Very happy with my aquistion and thank you to Dennis aka I-sinned for a smooth trade deal.

who says all pam's have to be hefty?

jacksonian71
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 5:44 pm #5

The 176 was my first Panerai and IMHO it's probably the most underrated classic. The brushed Ti has a great look that I prefer over polished SS. And you just can't beat the base dial. A true classic. Enjoy!

khiroshima
Paneristi
khiroshima
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 5:59 pm #6

I happily rotate between my 177 and 005 with appreciation for them both. Most see them as the same watch, but the only person's opinion that I care about is my own. Wear it in good health! KH

i-sinned
Paneristi
i-sinned
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 8:55 pm #7

It was such a pleasure doing the trade with you, enjoy it as much as I did and wear it in the best of health. Kudos to you for an honest and straight forward transaction and remember I get first dibs if you decide to sell it. Lol!

Dennis
Chitown_risti on IG