A long delayed trip report and background story

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

A long delayed trip report and background story

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 7:08 pm #1

Hello Everybody! Some of you know me but many of you don't. My name is Frank, and I have been a Paneristi, Dallas chapter, for many years now. However, time constraints usually prohibit me from starting any posts (until right now).

My story begins when a good friend sold me his 88, and then I got the bug big time and added a 232.

Alas, while great watches, those 2 just didn't speak to me, so I changed it up a bit. The 88 and 232 turned into a 233, while the 390 and 372 are obviously more recent purchases.

Since then, I've collected a few other Panerai related goodies:

Well, I use to post with some frequency, but as it always turns out, the status quo is bound to change...I met the girl of my dreams, and for some reason (I believe it to be alcohol) she found it in her heart to give me a chance!

Fast forward 3 years to fall of 2012, and this is where our trip report begins...

Where are we?

Indeed, the wonderful Atlantis Hotel in Nassau, Bahamas! This was our first trip to any place with a large body of water (we are from Dallas, Texas) so of course we were super excited!

Ah, but that's not all. Little did she know, I had a surprise for her. I know you might be thinking, "did you buy her a Panerai!?!" The answer is yes and no, since what I did get her costs about the same as an SE Panerai, it was a tad bit smaller in size.

Just in case you were wondering, she said YES!!!

Of course we decided to wander around the Atlantis property for the rest of the day.

Hum...would this make a nice strap?

For our celebratory dinner, we went to arguably the best restaurant in Nassau, Cafe Martinique! And yes, she did call me a dork for doing these "watch" shots!

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

Over the next few days, we spent some wonderful time together and had lots of adventures around the island and surrounding cays/keys.

Yes, these are sharks, and yes, we did go snorkeling there!!

More lobster shots:

...and lots of other things that I didn't capture on film because I'm just not too good at keeping up with that. But worry not, I'll be sure to update you fine folks in the future, since my new journey has just begun!

Frank

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 7:17 pm #2

Congrats and thanks for sharing

Montreal, Canada

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 7:26 pm #3

Hello Everybody! Some of you know me but many of you don't. My name is Frank, and I have been a Paneristi, Dallas chapter, for many years now. However, time constraints usually prohibit me from starting any posts (until right now).

My story begins when a good friend sold me his 88, and then I got the bug big time and added a 232.

Alas, while great watches, those 2 just didn't speak to me, so I changed it up a bit. The 88 and 232 turned into a 233, while the 390 and 372 are obviously more recent purchases.

Well, I use to post with some frequency, but as it always turns out, the status quo is bound to change...I met the girl of my dreams, and for some reason (I believe it to be alcohol) she found it in her heart to give me a chance!

Fast forward 3 years to fall of 2012, and this is where our trip report begins...

Where are we?

Indeed, the wonderful Atlantis Hotel in Nassau, Bahamas! This was our first trip to any place with a large body of water (we are from Dallas, Texas) so of course we were super excited!

Ah, but that's not all. Little did she know, I had a surprise for her. I know you might be thinking, "did you buy her a Panerai!?!" The answer is yes and no, since what I did get her costs about the same as an SE Panerai, it was a tad bit smaller in size.

Of course we decided to wander around the Atlantis property for the rest of the day.

For our celebratory dinner, we went to arguably the best restaurant in Nassau, Cafe Martinique! And yes, she did call me a dork for doing these "watch" shots!

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

Over the next few days, we spent some wonderful time together and had lots of adventures around the island and surrounding cays/keys.

More lobster shots:

...and lots of other things that I didn't capture on film because I'm just not too good at keeping up with that. But worry not, I'll be sure to update you fine folks in the future, since my new journey has just begun!

Frank

Looks like a great place, great pics, great looking couple!

-Craig F

paneristi-europe
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 7:41 pm #4

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

Looks like you both had a wonderful time.

Thanks for sharing.

PanTex
Paneristi
PanTex
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 7:46 pm #5

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

Congratulations .... Must not show this to Irma else she will want to go there ! Thanks for sharing

Salud !
S.Y.

mrpanerai
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 7:48 pm #6

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

and thanks for the great report.

CPDay
Paneristi
CPDay
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 8:00 pm #7

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

Great post Frank...........nt

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 8:01 pm #8

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

GUSH

tsunami2000
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 8:06 pm #9

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

I thought Cafe Martinique was exquisite, top notch service and delicious food.

Ask about my loyalty program.

Erleichda! Pura Vida!

sharkie727
Paneristi
sharkie727
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 8:32 pm #10

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

That's a great story Frank, congrats to you both.

lgreenberg
Paneristi
lgreenberg
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 8:48 pm #11

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

Great photos and a wonderful looking couple.

wheaton26
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 8:52 pm #12

Where are we?

The Lobster for me:

And she had duck:

More lobster shots:

Frank

i live in nassau. congrats on the engagement and i'm glad you guys had a great time while you were here! all the best.

wheaton26@hotmail.com

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 9:27 pm #13

Congrats and thanks for sharing

Montreal, Canada
I used your trip reports as inspiration!

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 9:27 pm #14

Looks like a great place, great pics, great looking couple!

-Craig F
nt.

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 9:28 pm #15

Looks like you both had a wonderful time.

Thanks for sharing.
nt.

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 9:29 pm #16

Congratulations .... Must not show this to Irma else she will want to go there ! Thanks for sharing

Salud !
S.Y.

I'm sure Irma would love to go, not too expensive from Dallas either.

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 9:29 pm #17

and thanks for the great report.

nt.

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 9:29 pm #18

nt.

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 9:29 pm #19

GUSH
nt.

fmcatman
Paneristi
fmcatman
Paneristi

August 7th, 2012, 9:31 pm #20

I thought Cafe Martinique was exquisite, top notch service and delicious food.

Ask about my loyalty program.

Erleichda! Pura Vida!
but those cruise people ruin the ambiance sometimes. I thought Cafe Martinique was jacket required, but there were quite a few people in shorts/sandals. Not trying to be snobby, but we were just following the rules and were a little disappointed that it wasn't followed.