448/449 Vintage incryption poll...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

448/449 Vintage incryption poll...

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:23 pm #1

Since Martin reported that Mr Angelo Bonati indeed read this forum and supposedly Panerai 'listen' to its customers, I would like to create a poll where 448/449 prospective buyers/admires can express their opinion on the whole VINTAGE incryption.

Please reply under the two replies that I created, so rather than the responses are cluttered all over this post, so now it's organized under two major subsequent post, a YES and a NO.

Hopefully Mr Bonati and Panerai read the response and therefore can take appropriate action before the watch is gone into production.

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:24 pm #2

Please reply under this post for you who think VINTAGE incryption is killing the watch. And state your reasonings.

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:25 pm #3

Since Martin reported that Mr Angelo Bonati indeed read this forum and supposedly Panerai 'listen' to its customers, I would like to create a poll where 448/449 prospective buyers/admires can express their opinion on the whole VINTAGE incryption.

Please reply under the two replies that I created, so rather than the responses are cluttered all over this post, so now it's organized under two major subsequent post, a YES and a NO.

Hopefully Mr Bonati and Panerai read the response and therefore can take appropriate action before the watch is gone into production.
Please reply here if you believe VINTAGE incryption do nothing to the watch...

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:27 pm #4

Please reply under this post for you who think VINTAGE incryption is killing the watch. And state your reasonings.
I hope the vintage incryption is not the right one to put. Opus facere is great, the OPxxxx is OK (not so great, but I can still take it), but Vintage?? I don't need to be reminded that this is a vintage piece.

ryan538
Paneristi
ryan538
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:28 pm #5

I dont need an inscription to tell me it's a vintage based model. What's next, a "please wind here" inscription at three o clock to indicate its a handwound model?

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:49 pm #6

Please reply here if you believe VINTAGE incryption do nothing to the watch...
I'll be happy IF I can get one of these ... I wouldn't mind the 'VINTAGE' text on the case

subtribe
Paneristi
subtribe
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:53 pm #7

a replica of the original, which in a sense is true, so I'd keep it as original as possible.

panerai4life
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:57 pm #8

"Time flies when you are ALIVE"
Greetings from the Land of Smiles...

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 5:58 pm #9

If the designers and marketing departments did their job, there does not have to be an announcement that it's "vintage." Similarly, engraving "California" under the plexi is too much information. Res ipsa loquitur!

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:05 pm #10

MarkSanders
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:10 pm #11

Panerai decides!

Greetings,

Mark

luke2008
Paneristi
luke2008
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:20 pm #12

no vintage

jacksonian71
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:34 pm #13

I hope the vintage incryption is not the right one to put. Opus facere is great, the OPxxxx is OK (not so great, but I can still take it), but Vintage?? I don't need to be reminded that this is a vintage piece.
Please stick with the previous convention of case # and model # or something else.

rwai
Paneristi
rwai
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:39 pm #14

docbowman
Paneristi
docbowman
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:49 pm #15

While I respect any decision that Mr. Bonati and the Panerai designers make, the 448 is the first watch for which I've ever put my name on a waiting list. It's nearly perfect.
I don't mind "Cailfornia" engraved on the inner bezel nor do I mind the model number engraved at 12 o'clock on the outer case.
"VINTAGE", however, is way too much. It's reminiscent of watches that inscribe "Limited Edition" on the case, which connotes a lesser design aesthetic IMHO.
If anyone with decision-making power at Panerai is listening, please leave "VINTAGE" off the 448 & 449.
We all know its hallowed heritage without having to be reminded every time we admire its otherwise flawless beauty when we glance at our wrists.

Thanks for reading.

bzabodyn
Paneristi
bzabodyn
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:51 pm #16

Already voiced my opinion in another thread - from someone who is on the list for both.

BZ

PAM 372 (Gone - 111, 210, 351) - 390 in waiting!

RMRPR
Paneristi
RMRPR
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:51 pm #17

Noooo, please!!!!!!!!!!

red1108nyc
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:53 pm #18

prefer no vintage but if I get the call... the smile will still be connected from one ear to the next regardless!

Best,

Fred

Phumanchu
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 6:53 pm #19

...to allocate one for me please!!

TruRadiomier
Paneristi

January 22nd, 2012, 7:17 pm #20