42mm Radiomir straps

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

42mm Radiomir straps

Nicekettle
Paneristi
Nicekettle
Paneristi

February 10th, 2012, 7:01 pm #1

I thought this may be useful for others to see.I have a PAM338 and have been trying different straps ,OEM and non OEM.The true spec for the 336,337 and 338 is an OEM 25/20.It seems that with all the radiomirs you should use a strap that is 1mm bigger than the lug size.I just picked up this Honey Gator from jdarvish (Thanks John!).It is in fact a 27/20 and I have squeezed it into the 24mm lugs of my 338.The other two straps are OEM 25/20.I had considered trimming a mm off each side of this strap and giving it a coat of edge-kote,but i'm happy with it as it is.
I believe that this strap is actually for a PAM197 or PAM198 as they also use the wire stirrup type buckle.It is interesting to note also that this is also uniformally thinner and moulds to my wristbone beautifully,and slightly better than the thicker OEM it came with.
I had been advised previously to use a 24mm strap as 25mm's were so hard to find.I tried one and didn't like it at all.It just had that little bit of wiggle that just wasn't right IMO.Hope this helps others in the same strap dilemma that i've been having.

LaunchMini
Paneristi
LaunchMini
Paneristi

February 10th, 2012, 7:36 pm #2

I too have a strap form a 190 on my PAM98 right now.
I have found that the thinner OEM straps look best on the 42mm, rather than some of the thicker custom strap. The customs tend to overpower the watch IMO
I have a couple 26 I squeeze on, but have been lucky enough to get some 25mm straps too.

[/IMG]

smallappliance
Paneristi

February 10th, 2012, 8:39 pm #3

I thought this may be useful for others to see.I have a PAM338 and have been trying different straps ,OEM and non OEM.The true spec for the 336,337 and 338 is an OEM 25/20.It seems that with all the radiomirs you should use a strap that is 1mm bigger than the lug size.I just picked up this Honey Gator from jdarvish (Thanks John!).It is in fact a 27/20 and I have squeezed it into the 24mm lugs of my 338.The other two straps are OEM 25/20.I had considered trimming a mm off each side of this strap and giving it a coat of edge-kote,but i'm happy with it as it is.
I believe that this strap is actually for a PAM197 or PAM198 as they also use the wire stirrup type buckle.It is interesting to note also that this is also uniformally thinner and moulds to my wristbone beautifully,and slightly better than the thicker OEM it came with.
I had been advised previously to use a 24mm strap as 25mm's were so hard to find.I tried one and didn't like it at all.It just had that little bit of wiggle that just wasn't right IMO.Hope this helps others in the same strap dilemma that i've been having.

I just purchased a 338 and was thinking of some strap options for it. Think I will have Yann at ABP make me a Suede Gator for it as it is my dress watch. Will post some pix once I get it.

tchoo
Paneristi
tchoo
Paneristi

February 11th, 2012, 1:17 am #4

I just picked up my 338 and was wondering about precisely this issue

Tks so much for sharing, mate.

Cheers!

TC

philbinn
New User
philbinn
New User

February 14th, 2012, 12:37 am #5

This strap looks great. Where did you get the strap? I have a PAM210 and looking at straps. You mention John/jdarvish....do you have a link or an email to get in touch with him?

Nicekettle
Paneristi
Nicekettle
Paneristi

February 14th, 2012, 2:35 pm #6

I picked it up in the accessory corner. John is a fellow member here.

philbinn
New User
philbinn
New User

February 14th, 2012, 9:43 pm #7

thanks