372 slams into me at the AD

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

372 slams into me at the AD

toulouse2
Paneristi
toulouse2
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 4:06 pm #1

So, I've been thinking of the 372 for a while and figured it was too big for my 6.5 wrist. Figuring I'd have to try one on before seriously considering it. Let me first off say, I like big watches and always have. With my smallish wrists, I always thought the smaller 40mm and under look very feminine on me. Even my wife thinks so, even rolexes, my wife agrees. So, it's a matter of taste, I guess and what I think looks good on me. That said, I still thought perhaps the 372 would be just too big.

Now onto my LUCK yesterday -- I walk into my AD just to see what they had in 47mm so I can try on the size. A rad, a sub, whatever, just to give me an idea of how a 372 might look. I didn't mention the 372 to the sales lady whatsoever. I just was 'browsing' for fun. No intention of buying a watch at all.

The sales lady suddenly whispers to me, "I have a 372 in the BACK."

Whhhaaaaaat?

So she brought it out and I gave it a try. I could not believe how beautiful the watch was in person and on my wrist. Yes, it is big. But guess what? I don't care! I don't think it is too big. Or too big for me to pass off.

Long story short (too late) - I knew as soon as soon as it went on my wrist, l wasn't going to walk out without it. And I didn't I can't believe I now own a brand new 372!

SO - now I have to sell my 312! And a butt load of straps I've acquired!

Let me close by saying I don't think I'll be buying many straps for my 372. The two that come with it are gorgeous and soft, amazing quality. Maybe just a rubber strap and an ammo and I'll be all set. Anyway, thanks for reading this happy man's post. Now I'm off to take pictures of my 312!

Here are the obligatory wrist shots. I am not a great photographer (yet) as you can see. But you get the point!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

fullcourt1
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 4:25 pm #2

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

jacksonian71
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 4:52 pm #3

So, I've been thinking of the 372 for a while and figured it was too big for my 6.5 wrist. Figuring I'd have to try one on before seriously considering it. Let me first off say, I like big watches and always have. With my smallish wrists, I always thought the smaller 40mm and under look very feminine on me. Even my wife thinks so, even rolexes, my wife agrees. So, it's a matter of taste, I guess and what I think looks good on me. That said, I still thought perhaps the 372 would be just too big.

Now onto my LUCK yesterday -- I walk into my AD just to see what they had in 47mm so I can try on the size. A rad, a sub, whatever, just to give me an idea of how a 372 might look. I didn't mention the 372 to the sales lady whatsoever. I just was 'browsing' for fun. No intention of buying a watch at all.

Whhhaaaaaat?

So she brought it out and I gave it a try. I could not believe how beautiful the watch was in person and on my wrist. Yes, it is big. But guess what? I don't care! I don't think it is too big. Or too big for me to pass off.

Long story short (too late) - I knew as soon as soon as it went on my wrist, l wasn't going to walk out without it. And I didn't I can't believe I now own a brand new 372!

Let me close by saying I don't think I'll be buying many straps for my 372. The two that come with it are gorgeous and soft, amazing quality. Maybe just a rubber strap and an ammo and I'll be all set. Anyway, thanks for reading this happy man's post. Now I'm off to take pictures of my 312!

Here are the obligatory wrist shots. I am not a great photographer (yet) as you can see. But you get the point!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Awesome way to pick up a new watch. I bet as soon as she put it on your wrist you were done! Congrats!

Skyworker
Paneristi
Skyworker
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 5:03 pm #4

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

paneristi-europe
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 5:43 pm #5

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great way to get a wonderful pam.
And its definitely not to big, fits perfect on your wrist.

Thanks for sharing your story.

sdumperth
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 6:34 pm #6

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Congrats!

It looks great on ya!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

It's so hard to see how this elegant beauty was a war watch! Man, them Italians do everything in style!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

craniotes
Paneristi
craniotes
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 6:50 pm #7

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
...it fits you quite well.

The 372 is pretty much the best thing to come out of Panerai since 1950; wear it in good health!

Regards,
Adam

PS - Good luck limiting your strap purchases. You're gonna need it.

dukerules
Paneristi
dukerules
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 7:16 pm #8

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Chapel Hill, NC

docfink
Paneristi
docfink
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 8:08 pm #9

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Wear it in good health--it's a beauty.

david

vannjam
Paneristi
vannjam
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 8:28 pm #10

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 8:36 pm #11

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
GUSH

bobpensik
Paneristi
bobpensik
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 9:30 pm #12

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Congrats on the beautiful watch

RMRPR
Paneristi
RMRPR
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 10:20 pm #13

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
enjoy in good health !!!

luxuryguru
Paneristi
luxuryguru
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 10:58 pm #14

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
enjoy.

Frank
panerainut @ gmail . com (no spaces)

toulouse2
Paneristi
toulouse2
Paneristi

March 4th, 2012, 11:16 pm #15

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
It's very comfortable and I'm very happy with the straps that came with it. I already changed it to the 2nd strap, which is a little more caramel colored. It's very soft. I love the plexi shape and I really love the yellowish "Luminor Panerai" letters. The gold hands are bold. Their much thicker and larger than my 312. It's just perfect in every way I think! In heaven right now with this watch!

subtribe
Paneristi
subtribe
Paneristi

March 5th, 2012, 2:07 am #16

Whhhaaaaaat?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
small. I have the same wrist size as you. I hope to one day get a 47mm, just as soon one catches my attention. That 372 47mm is a perfect fit for you. Very Cool!

toulouse2
Paneristi
toulouse2
Paneristi

March 5th, 2012, 4:03 am #17

...it fits you quite well.

The 372 is pretty much the best thing to come out of Panerai since 1950; wear it in good health!

Regards,
Adam

PS - Good luck limiting your strap purchases. You're gonna need it.
It's going to be a losing battle. I'm alreading looking at other peoples 372 strap choices...

toulouse2
Paneristi
toulouse2
Paneristi

March 5th, 2012, 4:04 am #18

Thank you, buddy

toulouse2
Paneristi
toulouse2
Paneristi

March 5th, 2012, 4:04 am #19

Thank you, buddy

toulouse2
Paneristi
toulouse2
Paneristi

March 5th, 2012, 4:11 am #20

small. I have the same wrist size as you. I hope to one day get a 47mm, just as soon one catches my attention. That 372 47mm is a perfect fit for you. Very Cool!
I know what you mean. I like the big boldness of the 372.