372 or 422?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

372 or 422?

PN221
Paneristi
PN221
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 2:02 am #1

I am about to pick up my 372 this week and I am wondering if the 422 would be a better choice long term since it has saphire crystal.

Pricing is almost same so I am wondering what everyone thinks?

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 2:11 am #2

some may call you crazy but its your watch and would probably work.

mrpanerai
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 2:28 am #3

I am about to pick up my 372 this week and I am wondering if the 422 would be a better choice long term since it has saphire crystal.

But that's because I'm not a base head

Don't worry about the crystal, just go with what speaks to you.

Joseph56
Paneristi
Joseph56
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 5:09 am #4

I know how many like the plext. But for my money I like the second hand, Saphire crystal and power reserve indicator on the back.

Wonder if I will like it enought to trade away a couple of my current favorites.

Just living the dream waiting for the next PAM

ping3288
Paneristi
ping3288
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 5:11 am #5

go for the 372

If the dial for the 422 has the same layout as the 6152, I dun mind getting one.

I would prefer to see the "9" on the dial, like some 6152.

One qn:

does the sapp crystal on the 422 create some distortion??

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 5:54 am #6

depends your own...for me based is always the best

rybst
Paneristi
rybst
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:23 am #7

372! but i am biased. I prefer base panerais.

khfw01
Paneristi
khfw01
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 10:32 am #8

WHEN IS THE 422 COMING OUT but?

BIGPOCKETS
Paneristi
BIGPOCKETS
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 11:51 am #9

422!!
For me - I think the added seconds hand, sapphire & PR on the back give it the edge.
Whether it's more an "authentic" re-issue or homage to older PANERAI watches - i think the 422 is in my opinion a better combination of old school look design & modern technology.
I saw the 372 a few weeks ago & I know it's a "base" but somehow I couldn't see myself paying the $!
I believe it won't be out until November / December at the earliest and it is a regular production model - as confirmed from PANERAI themselves.

nauticajoe
Paneristi
nauticajoe
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 11:25 pm #10

372 for me.....