1? 2? 3? I lost count........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

1? 2? 3? I lost count........

jimmy6668
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:01 pm #1

I lost count in no time

Very recently a extremely passionate risti reached out with his hands in almost a desperate
attempt to seek out 'nut cases' like himself. He had apparently hit a wall when he attended a 'gtg'
that was organised by a local AD. In his words 'not one Paneristi turned up".

Well what do you expect mate? That's not the way we roll in Singapore. )))))

After his post appeared in Pcom, a few frantic phone calls were made and the stage was set. This chap needed 'therapy" and he needed it NOW! So the few who could swing it that very night, gathered together and provided him an 'outlet'. )))

Thomas mate, it was a real pleasure meeting up last night. If it's any comfort to you, today the few of us had to seek therapy of our own as we got so depressed over the state of our own collection. The the LACK of it that is! )))

The first piece on my wrist, the 6154. I should have made a run for it!

A close up shot. What a dial! Insane really!

Looks like it was made for you bro!

Thomas had this on his other wrist, the 3646. The strap I think he made himself!

Two very happy blokes as they managed to close the deal. YAR RIGHT!

After a few pints, Thomas thought it would be a good idea to lend us his
'GPRS' to find our way home. Out came this little monster >>>>>>

And so there you have it, 3 rare pieces from OP. What else could a guy ask for right?

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

Take a good look, notice any difference?

Lost count yet? How's this then? Seeing double? )))))

Thankfully it wasn't all about vintages, some 'youngsters' made an appearance too.

First time I've seen one upclose, WOW is the word mate!

How about a group shot?

Oh I forgot to mention the 203? Sorry lar! )))

A closer shot.

However for me personally, there was one single piece that truely stood out from
the whole lot. Truely a unique piece and I kid you not. Take a look>>>>>>>>>>

What? Not clear enough? Ok let's try it again.

How's THAT for special! 1 of 1!

Last shot of the night. You see HIS knees? )))

I can't drink, so it wasn't the booze that made my eyes look like they were almost
closing. It was the dazzeling pieces that Thomas had so willingly and generously shared
with us that made me want to cry. When will I ever get to own one

As Terrence said, it was a pleasure to have met you last evening Thomas and look
out for our kopi-o gtgs mate.

Confunktion
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:06 pm #2

Thanks for sharing

pp5120
Paneristi
pp5120
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:06 pm #3

I lost count in no time

Very recently a extremely passionate risti reached out with his hands in almost a desperate
attempt to seek out 'nut cases' like himself. He had apparently hit a wall when he attended a 'gtg'

After his post appeared in Pcom, a few frantic phone calls were made and the stage was set. This chap needed 'therapy" and he needed it NOW! So the few who could swing it that very night, gathered together and provided him an 'outlet'. )))

Thomas mate, it was a real pleasure meeting up last night. If it's any comfort to you, today the few of us had to seek therapy of our own as we got so depressed over the state of our own collection. The the LACK of it that is! )))

Thomas had this on his other wrist, the 3646. The strap I think he made himself!

And so there you have it, 3 rare pieces from OP. What else could a guy ask for right?

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

Thankfully it wasn't all about vintages, some 'youngsters' made an appearance too.

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

However for me personally, there was one single piece that truely stood out from

I can't drink, so it wasn't the booze that made my eyes look like they were almost
closing. It was the dazzeling pieces that Thomas had so willingly and generously shared

As Terrence said, it was a pleasure to have met you last evening Thomas and look

thanks for sharing this awesome collection...wow...

mox1981
Paneristi
mox1981
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:15 pm #4

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

Thomas, I'm sure it was a great time you had with the guys!

Cheers
Moses

tchoo
Paneristi
tchoo
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:16 pm #5

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

The obvious reason was the abundance of grail and vintage PAMs on show ... very honestly, I woke up this morning half imagining that I dreamt up the whole thing last night! (not kidding)

Way too many memorable images of my grails, the 203 is of course one of them. But there were SO many others

BUT: more importantly on 2nd thought is the comradeship that only Panerai and P.com can generate among people from all ways of life

Tom: as mentioned, it was a huge pleasure meeting you! Thanks so much for the generosity in sharing not to mention letting us view your awesome collection. But more importantly, for the great company. You may have only just met our little group for the first time but, sincerely, we were talking as if we had known each other for years.

Until next time!

Cheers!

TC (Singapore)

hugewhaleshark
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:33 pm #6

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

I'm always loathe to let the watches overwhelm the camaraderie.

Welcome to the group, Tom. Your anecdotes are truly priceless and I am sure there's lots we can learn from you yet.

"Aiyah Panerai, buay beh liao eh lah." / Singapore
hugewhaleshark = Yeu Huan = SGRisti

hugewhaleshark
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:36 pm #7

mrly
Paneristi
mrly
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:43 pm #8

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

hope all is well..
but what is that TI OOR??

David

hugewhaleshark
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:48 pm #9

shaugn
Paneristi
shaugn
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:53 pm #10

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

Cheers!
Shaun

J-F.
Paneristi
J-F.
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:56 pm #11

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

And what's that OOR ? 322 or 349 ?

patStc
Paneristi
patStc
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 2:59 pm #12

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

What knees Jimmy? All I see is a beer belly . Nice to have met you Thomas, what a stupendous collection from a genuinely nice guy
To those of you who think 341 Egi is too big, check this Baby out !!

sampswan
Paneristi
sampswan
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 3:01 pm #13

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

gazkw
Paneristi
gazkw
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 3:12 pm #14

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

wish i was there... hope to join in future gtgs.

have a great CNY holiday!

jimmy6668
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 3:17 pm #15

And what's that OOR ? 322 or 349 ?

acttiv
Paneristi
acttiv
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 3:27 pm #16

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

Amazing

jompedo
Paneristi
jompedo
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 3:37 pm #17

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

Blame myself was down wif a cold after caught in rain" Yuying rang me up in the morning about the meetup wif thomas" Damn it I really hate myself now " Can't believe all
tis vintage was from a single collector" That table shot alone was as good as visiting a panerai museum" I dun dare to count total value just yet LOL!!

J-F.
Paneristi
J-F.
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 4:08 pm #18

Holy Cow
Thanks for sharing ...

panerimo
Paneristi
panerimo
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 4:17 pm #19

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

Hey Jimmy why you didn't called me on my celular ? Arf, ok, i'm not living in Singapore, that's true

Stunning meeting, beers, fun and pannies. Thnaks for sharing.

tomSG
Paneristi
tomSG
Paneristi

February 1st, 2011, 4:23 pm #20

I lost count in no time

WRONG! Dead wrong!

How about a 4th piece?

How about a group shot?

A closer shot.

Man, what a great evening!!!!

Yu-Ying was so nice to pick me up. Then we took a slight detour due to technical reasons and arrived a bit late to the show, but the evening was one of the most pleasant I remember. What a wonderful group of genuinely great guys!

I had a truly brilliant time and can't wait to meet up again. Thank the Lord it's Singapore, where nobody's ever far from the other. I am sure we'll repeat this GTG very soon! Right guys?

Thanks to Yu-Ying for being my chauffeur for the night, Jimmy you're simply adorable, Pat what an excellent person, Yeu Huan, you're such a pleasant character, Terence I'm running out of praises, but I enjoyed your company just the same. This was in no particular order as well, in case there should be questions. And - no - I am not going to marry any of you guys either, sorry!

What amazed me besides the totally tension and pretense free atmosphere was your knowledge. You guys know your s**t man! You are fully aware of the issues with Vintage collecting, know what happened in the recent past, where certain pieces came from and where they ended up at, as well as of course La Storia, the history of the Vintage Panerais.

I really wasn't sure if it was the right thing to pop my head up at pcom and am certainly guilty of prejudice against the forum, but I have to admit that my recent posting was the best thing I have done as far as watch collecting and meeting good people is concerned!

Thanks guys! I owe you! (but forgive me when I keep my watches, can?)

Gong Xi Fa Cai! More Vintage Panerais to Singapore!