Thinking on The Right Side of the Brain

VirginiaKnapper
VirginiaKnapper

12:57 AM - Oct 05, 2018 #1

I realize that there is technically no grounding evidence for each of the brain's hemisheres accounting for separate personality traits, however, this piece, I feel, if the right hemisphere did fulfill its popular purpose, would do a mighty fine job at representing it. Was actually thinning/ channel notch practice before, and the thinning part went spectacular, but a luring notch and its isolated platform seduced me, and just the corner (Thank goodness!!!) was clipped. It still fulfilled its purpose as notching practice, just in a more creative and non-traditional way.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

"It's about what you learn, not what you make" - Erret Callahan
"Nothing like busting out a Savannah River out of some gnarly shit." - Robert Godshall, 1st annual ThunderRidge knap in.

hixton
hixton

3:29 AM - Oct 05, 2018 #2

VirginiaKnapper wrote:I realize that there is technically no grounding evidence for each of the brain's hemisheres accounting for separate personality traits, however, this piece, I feel, if the right hemisphere did fulfill its popular purpose, would do a mighty fine job at representing it. Was actually thinning/ channel notch practice before, and the thinning part went spectacular, but a luring notch and its isolated platform seduced me, and just the corner (Thank goodness!!!) was clipped. It still fulfilled its purpose as notching practice, just in a more creative and non-traditional way.

It looks topographic. With the notches as bays and inlets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

freeze cracked
freeze cracked

1:28 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #3

both sides of my brain argued over this post for awhile and then not sure which came up with this, but the piece is now believed to be a formerly perfect charcos point that was left out up against the yard and glass termites got to it...

but they were artistically inclined glass termites and it was good practice for them. the leader of their group was named "slivergums"...

p.s. - cool piece and good practice
i dream of a better world in which chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

azmdted
azmdted

6:29 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #4

That's one amoeba I don't want to mess with.  Good job.

VirginiaKnapper
VirginiaKnapper

10:42 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #5

Thank's guys, I always appreciate your sense of humor Freeze Cracked. Hixton, your thought in the piece having a topographic nature really intrugues me, we should try and make some eccentrics modeled after topographic images.

"Nothing like busting out a Savannah River out of some gnarly shit." - Robert Godshall, 1st annual ThunderRidge knap in.

boletus
boletus

3:42 PM - Oct 11, 2018 #6

Ive always loved eccentrics. Well done sir
-Jason

VirginiaKnapper
VirginiaKnapper

6:36 PM - Oct 11, 2018 #7

Thank you Boletus.