BrewerMo
BrewerMo

3:20 AM - Aug 08, 2018 #21

Love the Mt. Kineo!!! 
That knife looks really comfortable to use. I might dream up a similar idea for flake knives....🤔

VirginiaKnapper
VirginiaKnapper

3:56 AM - Aug 08, 2018 #22

Do you think that it might also work with a type such as a Savannah River? On a side note, I have noticed that you (I think you mentioned it a liittle while ago in a post of yours), Cresson, and Callahan all have an education in the arts.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

"It's about what you learn, not what you make" - Erret Callahan
"Nothing like busting out a Savannah River out of some gnarly shit." - Robert Godshall, 1st annual ThunderRidge knap in.

Forager
Forager

1:46 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #23

I encourage each of you to experiment toward materializing your ideas.  Knapping poses its own challenges and it's wonderful to find satisfaction in this distinguished craft.  A subsequent phase is to find ways to put the tools we make to work and experience their manifold purposes - another realm of satisfaction in itself, built upon the first.

BrewerMo
BrewerMo

3:33 AM - Aug 10, 2018 #24

I will for sure, if not for any other reason just out of curiosity....😊 My flake butcher went well and left me with more answers than questions, wich isn't normal....😎

Flntknpr
Flntknpr

11:19 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #25

freeze cracked wrote:
Forager wrote:
freeze cracked wrote: it's almost as if the only thing you lack is an epiphysis.
Thanks, but if I had one where would the blade go?
it can stay where it is. you aren't one of those carpenters who throw the nails away that have the heads on the wrong end, are you?  you're supposed to save those for the other side.
Those are called Aggie Nails!