Posting pictures

Posting pictures

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 11th, 2018, 10:03 pm #1

Hi I am in the process of learning to easily post pictures  here...I HOPE anyway!~!

Get your cursor blinking....like here   ...scroll down and on the left hand side  click on ADD Files. That will take you to your pictures files on your computer or any other files in the list. Select the picture you want to add.....here  

select the picture from that file and click open...and it should appear. Keep doing to to add more pictures...or replace pictures that were lost when photo Bucket went south. Quills

ps..well that did not work exactly as I had hoped...the picture appeared after the text...not  'here'. More work needed LOL!~!
DSCN0063.JPG
DSCN0063.JPG
" You can't stop the waves .... but, you can learn to surf."

Michael Bootz
Michael Bootz

March 12th, 2018, 6:24 am #2

To add a picture at a certain position, you have to click to where you want it in your post and then press the "Place inline" button:
PlaceInline.jpg

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 12th, 2018, 6:10 pm #3

Thanks Michael...I saw that when I was doing it but did not know what it was for.I got frustrated...and quit.  I figured it was something simple. Quills

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 13th, 2018, 5:26 am #4

IMG_0599.JPG IMG_0597.JPG IMG_0600.JPG IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0615.JPG Trying this again...Ive found out you have to list the pictures backwards to get multiples to show up in the right order.  I tried moving them but it was not possible . Michael when you post a picture are you using the Add Files button or the Insert a image button on the editor? You have to have a URL on the ....Insert a Image .... and pictures in your picture folder do not have a URL. At least mine do not. Quills

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 13th, 2018, 5:27 am #5

This is worse then YUKU!~! Quills

Michael Bootz
Michael Bootz

March 13th, 2018, 6:24 am #6

Michael when you post a picture are you using the Add Files button or the Insert a image button on the editor?
I use the Add Files button. This is for uploading pictures.
The Insert an Image button in the editor is for hotlinking photos that are hosted somewhere else (you just insert the link to the photo) - like when we posted pictures that were on Photobucket.

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 13th, 2018, 6:30 am #7

Have you found if you want to put up a sequence of pictures you have to reverse the order to get them to post in the right sequence. Chip Hailstone from Life Below Zero has been posting in camp & shelter... Life in a Conical Skin Lodge....and hes had some troubles as well. Quills

Michael Bootz
Michael Bootz

March 13th, 2018, 6:44 am #8

Yeah, if you upload multiple files it lists them in reverse order (the file uploaded last is on top of the list). And it doesn't even show previews so you know which picture is which, so you have to identify them by the file name ☹
It seems there's no way to change this...

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 13th, 2018, 6:50 am #9

Yes, I tried to preview it ...and it was ridiculous....what it was doing...It was adding 4 pictures of a picture I don't even have in those above...I had to delete them all and start over...but that particular picture was in a different folder..so it just did not get added. Well I am glad I am not the only one then. Quills

blancoh0
blancoh0

April 5th, 2018, 5:38 pm #10

Are those porky quills ? Wow, do you do quill-work with them? Awesome decorations when on moccasins, pouches and bow quivers. I have seen some pictures. Must be really difficult to work with. Dying , bending and fastening them to the leather. I have yet to try it. 

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

April 6th, 2018, 4:15 am #11

yes blancoh0, I do Quillwork with them...so does Michael.

Not really difficult....but a lot of steps to strip the quills, wash them & dye etc. Pretty easy to to sew them down on braintan or other leather...once you know how to do it. Quills

blancoh0
blancoh0

April 6th, 2018, 3:32 pm #12

Awesome ! You rock ! (means you are great )