pegasisfeathers2
pegasisfeathers2

April 30th, 2018, 12:00 pm #21

Quillsnkiko wrote:Did you add a extension on the handle Ma Tanner? Good thing you took a picture because I thought I had a picture at photo Bucket...went and looked the other night... Didn't find it.

Ive got another Laptop I have pictures on but was too tired to fire it up...update it etc etc.

Looks like you have another scraper...as well. who made that one?

How do you sharpen your blades?

Good the epoxy has held up, holding the blade in. Quills
Hey Quills. The handle is original length as you made it. The end was trying to split so I coated several inches with some black rubber coating and wrapped it super tight with para cord. I keep the handle clean and nasty a free, and its holding up perfectly.

The guy from Hermit River Knives made the other one. It is made of very good steel and keeps super sharp, but the subtle shape of the blade isnt rounded enough to get a good bite. I will reshape it, someday, but yours is still my favorite. I figure we must be close to the same size, because it fits me... The way you made it comfortable enough for you... It's perfect for my hand size and shape, and the pull. And it scrapes nearly flawless. Except user error... LOL

I have them in my living room chest so I don't loose them. LOL. Plenty easy to take a new pic.

Oh... Time to get up and make it happen! Have a great day!

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

pegasisfeathers2
pegasisfeathers2

April 30th, 2018, 12:02 pm #22

pegasisfeathers2 wrote:
Quillsnkiko wrote:Did you add a extension on the handle Ma Tanner? Good thing you took a picture because I thought I had a picture at photo Bucket...went and looked the other night... Didn't find it.

Ive got another Laptop I have pictures on but was too tired to fire it up...update it etc etc.

Looks like you have another scraper...as well. who made that one?

How do you sharpen your blades?

Good the epoxy has held up, holding the blade in. Quills
Hey Quills. The handle is original length as you made it. The end was trying to split so I coated several inches with some black rubber coating and wrapped it super tight with para cord. I keep the handle clean and nasty a free, and its holding up perfectly.

The guy from Hermit River Knives made the other one. It is made of very good steel and keeps super sharp, but the subtle shape of the blade isnt rounded enough to get a good bite. I will reshape it, someday, but yours is still my favorite. I figure we must be close to the same size, because it fits me... The way you made it comfortable enough for you... It's perfect for my hand size and shape, and the pull. And it scrapes nearly flawless. Except user error... LOL

I have them in my living room chest so I don't loose them. LOL. Plenty easy to take a new pic.

Oh... Time to get up and make it happen! Have a great day!

Oh.. Sharpening. I use a fine file and a porcelain stick.