The Sudden and Unannounced Move From Yuku to Tapatalk

Manufacture of stone tools, knives and arrowheads by lithic reduction
Iktomi

09 Sep 2017, 15:04 #11

toxophileken wrote: Thanks, Boletus, for the suggestion.

That also brings up something the admin team is talking about, which is the potential costs for what we want to do.  We need to come up with a reasonable budget, hopefully one easily supported by member donations.

I don't think anybody who has been around here very long can not know how generous PP members are in general, and how they have supported the forum and came up with money in special cases when needed...  So it's not so much a worry as a responsibility/budget type thought.

Ken
 Let me know if there is a way I can be of help.

Michael Bootz

12 Oct 2017, 17:40 #12

Just an info:

It seems that there is now a way to access your old PMs and images stored in the Yuku galleries (I found out about this by chance through a google search).
Unfortunatley Tapatalk set up a separate forum for this, so there is no way to transfer them here.

Go to this link: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/yukuarchive/

The site looks like any other Tapatalk board. Log in with your old Yuku user name and password. The username must be in the format
<user name>.<board name>
  • Everyone with a local Yuku account on PaleoPlanet must add .paleoplanet69529 after the user name,
    e.g. Michael Bootz.paleoplanet69529
  • Everyone who had a global Yuku account must add .u after the user name,
    e.g. toxophileken.u
  • Everyone who originally created a local account on a different board must add that board name after his user name,
    e.g. Tyrannocaster.monsterkidclassichorrorforum
Once logged in, click on the envelope to access your old PMs:
PM01.jpg

There might be some glitches. In my case, there are all PMs I ever had - even the ones I had deleted.

To access the images in your Yuku galleries click on your user name on the upper right and select "User Control Panel" from the drop-down menu:
Images01.jpg

When in the User Control Panel, select "Manage Attachments":
Images02.jpg

Next select one of your albums from the drop-down list:
Images03.jpg

Now you should see a list of all images in the selected album:
Images04.jpg

Clicking on an image will display it in it's original size:
Images05.jpg

Now the image can be downloaded by right-clicking and selecting "Save Image As".

Again, there might be glitches. For example, most of my images seem to be broken. In the list it will show the image name and size, but when clicking on it I get an error message.

Quillsnkiko

13 Oct 2017, 03:12 #13

That's interesting Michael...I will have to check that out. I got a message the other day explaining the gold points ....which you see on the home page of tapatalk. They said that many more changes are coming soon. Quills
" You can't stop the waves .... but, you can learn to surf."