This looks interesting

Identification, cultivation, harvesting, preparing, preserving, recipies, general ethnobotany... Disclaimer: Don't experiment with unknown plants, or rely on the information in this forum. Get your own information and use CAUTION!

This looks interesting

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

October 10th, 2014, 10:50 am #1

This course looks interesting ..its about all plants not just edible ones. Check out the introduction .Starts Oct 26.  Quills

https://www.coursera.org/course/plantknows
" You can't stop the waves .... but, you can learn to surf."

Abo
Abo

October 10th, 2014, 1:14 pm #2

Not sure how good this course is but in terms of recent plant studies, science has come a long away in looking at plants as more of a life form then ever before, of course most earth base religions have know this. If you really dig in to this study you'll see the soul of plants. Watch them grow, see the things they hate and like, watch the predator plants attack, etc. Plants move so slow that it is hard for most people to take interest but with the help of timed cameras, etc., the world of plants can be seen at our speed and I find extremely interesting.

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

October 10th, 2014, 10:39 pm #3

Yes ...that's true. I guess... I will find out as I intend to delve into it ...there on that site .
I've registered.

The introduction looked promising.
It will be interesting to see if its purely scientific or if it gets into the .....higher aspect of Plants and their relationship to mankind .Quills
" You can't stop the waves .... but, you can learn to surf."