Survival Bows... Very Effective Simple Bows Made From Conifers.

JohnRiggs
JohnRiggs

October 2nd, 2016, 7:15 pm #1

I hope this works: Putting a youtube video on this post. Anyhoo, I searched the forums before doing this to make sure I wasn't starting a new thread that wasn't already coverd and didn't find anything. Survival bows, primitive bows, very simple bows... I've been working on bows made from conifers that are quick to make and are very effective. No one ever really invents new ways of making self bows so this type must have been made many times in the past. Instead of the typical hardwood saplings, I'm going spruce, pine, fir branches because they represent wood that has been trained and developed to handle tension and compression. They are also very good when green. Thank you

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ga6LCxd8zk0&ve ... tube_gdata

JohnRiggs
JohnRiggs

October 3rd, 2016, 11:45 pm #2

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

October 9th, 2016, 6:29 pm #3

Interesting videos....Thanks for posting them. Enjoyed them. Quills
" You can't stop the waves .... but, you can learn to surf."

JohnRiggs
JohnRiggs

October 9th, 2016, 9:38 pm #4

Thank you. I appreciate that

Tyrannocaster
Tyrannocaster

March 14th, 2017, 7:29 pm #5

Very cool concept. It made me track down some more of your videos. I am in the Pacific NW, where there are obviously lots of conifers, but Norwegian Pine (mentioned in the other videos)...if I have seen that, I did not recognize it. Any thoughts on other conifers besides the spruce? Besides yew and juniper, which you were leaving out for reasonable...reasons. I never would have guessed spruce could do so well. That bow is pretty much spot on for my shooting likes; thanks.
Last edited by Tyrannocaster on March 14th, 2017, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.