rat in the kitchen:)) my new carving&wood burning

railgun
railgun

August 3rd, 2018, 6:29 am #1

My new work, made it couple of weeks ago. Just wanted to start astrological line of figures (12 dragon snake rooster boar horse etc.) I hope I'll be able to make all of them))
İ made a several pictures of this rat in my country house, and in the garden.
DSCF2813.JPG
DSCF2811.JPG
DSCF2808.JPG
DSCF2802.JPG
DSCF2801.JPG
DSCF2829.JPG
DSCF2813.JPG DSCF2811.JPG DSCF2808.JPG DSCF2802.JPG DSCF2801.JPG DSCF2829.JPG

Forager
Forager

August 4th, 2018, 1:44 am #2

Railgun, I welcome your treatment of the rat with such respect and clever wit.  I enjoy the animated gait, the undulating lines from nose to tail's tip.  The varied photo settings are great, particularly the stones and tomato.  

It appears that the legs may be adjustable for different positions, no?  A changeable piece of art, perhaps?

I keep returning to see it again, one of my favorites among your growing body of work - Thanks for sharing.

Michael Bootz
Michael Bootz

August 6th, 2018, 4:37 pm #3

I love this (like all of your creations)!
Like Steve, I find the undulating lines very attractive, as well as the angled ears and the protruding eyes.

railgun
railgun

August 13th, 2018, 7:57 am #4

Forager wrote: Railgun, I welcome your treatment of the rat with such respect and clever wit.  I enjoy the animated gait, the undulating lines from nose to tail's tip.  The varied photo settings are great, particularly the stones and tomato.  

It appears that the legs may be adjustable for different positions, no?  A changeable piece of art, perhaps?

I keep returning to see it again, one of my favorites among your growing body of work - Thanks for sharing.

thank you Steve!  Thanks for your comments always inspiring! The intention was to leave legs adjustable, but i thought that my client  would never be able to adjust all 4 legs properly))))) so i had to fix the legs in this position. i have a lot of abstract sketches  but somehow i still making these animals:))) Thx again!

railgun
railgun

August 13th, 2018, 7:59 am #5

Michael Bootz wrote: I love this (like all of your creations)!
Like Steve, I find the undulating lines very attractive, as well as the angled ears and the protruding eyes.
Thank you Michael!! good to know that you like my carvings!