Quillwork & Natural Dyes - Pic Heavy

A forum to hold the wonderful tutorials that are kindly prepared by our forum members.
Michael Bootz
Michael Bootz

March 9th, 2015, 7:39 pm #61

Quillsnkiko wrote:
Of course a lot of times the people doing the writing had no idea what they were seeing...or how to interpret it.
That's very true and what makes a lot of these accounts something between vague and unusable. I've read stuff like "add ground chocolate colored stone"...

Yes, I use mostly commercial leather. My tanning attempts were epic failures and getting hides and a place for smoking without bothering somebody are a problem.

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

December 26th, 2015, 12:16 am #62

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... l=sv&tl=en

This is an old account of some of the things that were used by some natives to dye quills. Quills
" You can't stop the waves .... but, you can learn to surf."

Michael Bootz
Michael Bootz

December 29th, 2015, 11:20 pm #63

Gotta read that one, thanks for posting!

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 11th, 2018, 8:53 pm #64

Michael I don't know if you are on Facebook but Duanna Tucker has a LOT of very very good videos on her doing different projects. They are excellent. Quills

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 11th, 2018, 9:37 pm #65

Michael Bootz wrote: Thought I'd post some more stuff I've done with natural dyes (all long ago, though). I think I've posted all of these elswhere, but so they are together in one thread.

Your work is beautiful Michael....so precise as is most everything you do....Quills

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

March 11th, 2018, 9:38 pm #66

Thought I would bump this up top again. Trying to put back some pictures to that got removed when Photo Bucket went south. Quills

Beadman
Beadman

March 11th, 2018, 11:00 pm #67

Artisiatic work Mike.Although your your own worst critic I'm sure.I still only bead here.I have brain tanned for quite a few years.I have assorted pieces craft worthy size.Probably cost an arm and a leg to send though and it would have to be sent correctly labeled too to avoid custom charging theives of the government also.