toxophileken
toxophileken

December 18th, 2007, 1:13 am #41

Ililana, I think you could skip step three, above. Am I mistaken? It does show what happens if you preview your video post from Photobucket (this is all re Photobucket only, right?), though...

Ken

toxophileken
toxophileken

December 18th, 2007, 3:15 am #42

I just made a long photo post, and I used the "Quick Reply" box instead of the wysiwyg box. It was very convenient, although I didn't figure out how to make a link in that box. Will have to go back and edit it in... I guess I could have done it from the wysiwyg box when I did the preview.

Very convenient! No pop-up windows... so one less extra step. Just copy the code from Imageshack into the text...

Ken

123Sharo
123Sharo

December 18th, 2007, 5:32 am #43

http://i66.photobucket.com/player.swf?f ... ginnig.flv

Now here is something interesting. I'm at my home PC using FireFox now. The long post above I made from my office PC, using Internet Explorer. It is all different. Now, on Firefox, in the Add reply box (wysiwyg = What You See Is What You Get box) the "insert link" button is not working at all! But when I tried it in the "Quick Reply" window, inserting the HTML code of the video, which is in Photobucket (using copy - paste) - it worked immediately. Which is actually much easier, though I don't have the additional options to format the text (bolt, italic,.... center text etc...)

Yes, Ken, all I reported here and above was about how I insert directly videos from Photobucket into the post.

Obviously we have just to experiment fearlessly and see what works in which case. Good luck! And let see more videos!

Iliana

toxophileken
toxophileken

December 18th, 2007, 8:37 am #44

Here's a link to a page in Yuku help where it gives you some code you can use if you don't get the normal wysiwyg reply box.

Code in Yuku Help (not a joke this time)

Ken

wolfsire
wolfsire

December 19th, 2007, 12:05 am #45

PaleoAleo wrote: 2 pages back
What a great photo of Bella! I love it!!!

Thanks. I had it handy because I had it made into a T-shirt for her.
Steve

ber643
ber643

December 19th, 2007, 12:51 am #46

Testo-testo

Eureka! I've finally done it (by myself )- the info sent by Yuku still left me going in circles of logging in, being remembered, but still being returned to log in boxes everytime I tried to post, change forums, send PM or e-mails. What an aggravating situation! I could see everyone else posting and having a grand old time but I could only play log in - log in - log in- ad infinitum. Thank the Lord for small (large) favors.

My cure? I use a free security program supplied by Road Runner (called CA). It finally donned on me that though I had deleted all (old) cookies, and relogged on all the sites i went to, and set my browser to accept all cookies - that perhaps CA was not being so liberal. I clicked on the program, pulled up tools, and got to the privacy tab of CA. Sure enough it's cookies acceptance was set at HIGH (only allowing short session log ins). I slid it down to zero (like in my browser) and now I'm in like flynn and posting again . I know, I know, you guys were wondering why it was so quiet here - I'm Baaa-aack!

Just want to see if I can post a pic:

Oh yeah! That's my Snakey Osage bow, by Dano Gren (the one I'm hunting with this year - hunting only, no finding as yet - )
Last edited by ber643 on December 19th, 2007, 1:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

123Sharo
123Sharo

December 19th, 2007, 8:56 am #47

Missed you, Bernie, I was wondering where are you?! You cope great with that thing! Glad you are back!

Iliana

Rod
Rod

December 19th, 2007, 10:41 am #48

Iliana,
I'm just wondering which tree that bloke is shooting at? :-)
Rod.
It's meant to be simple, not easy.

123Sharo
123Sharo

December 19th, 2007, 12:17 pm #49

Rod, you may wonder but this guy can group the arrows where he will . He is very good horse back archer and this was just his warming up exercise.

Iliana

ber643
ber643

December 19th, 2007, 12:53 pm #50

Thank you, Iliana - I sure was glum for a few days there. I told "Yuku" I was very upset because PP was my favorite site of forums. It was a reliefe when I figured it out . I also sent them (Yuku) the solution in case someone else on RoadRunner, with CA security, has the same problem.

Rod
Rod

December 20th, 2007, 10:31 am #51

Iliana,
If you say so.... :-)
The mouse had a couple of pertinent comments on speed shooting and arm waving as it affects rate of fire and accuracy but I'll tell him to shut up.
Rod.

Rod
Rod

December 20th, 2007, 10:57 am #52

Ken,
I didn't get the picture posting until you pointed out that there was a Photobucket button. Wouldn't have spotted that in a million years...

What is the "tags" thing for at the top of each post and how does it work?

What is the simple way of posting an avatar?

How does one create a Yuku album?

Can the series posts in the Reference centre be pinned in a logical sequence?

Rod.

toxophileken
toxophileken

December 20th, 2007, 7:35 pm #53

Rod, I feel your pain... Ha ha.

We are kind of still getting dialed in. New tricks and tips are still trickling in from various members.

I find it much easier to post photos in the "Quick Reply" box. If I want to add a link, I hit "preview", where it takes me to the main WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) reply box (between that and "yuku", I think these people are a bit challenged in the naming things dept, by the way). Once I found the correct code (forum code, under "embeddable codes", in Imageshack. The one that has IMG in brackets on front and back of code), it is just copy and paste- no pop up box. Yay!

I think the "tags" are to help search. Like, if you tagged your reference post "Archery, shooting, form", or whatever. Or a post on a bow might be tagged "Primitive bow, elb, yew"... That is just a SWAG, though... I haven't tried it yet.

My avatar transferred automatically when I migrated my ezboard account to Yuku. Unfortunately, Denny (Bullgrouse) has been sick, and hasn't had a chance to update his reference thread on that subject in the Photography forum. Maybe someone else will post here or there about that.

I found the info on the Yuku album at one point in the Yuku help section; but haven't used it yet. Sorry...

I think Tom started working on getting the Reference Center more organized. I had a similiar suggestion from another member. The more organized we can make that section, the more useful it will be... Tom and the other admins are working tirelessly behind the scenes to figure out all the many new aspects of running this new format...

Ken

Rod
Rod

December 21st, 2007, 3:03 pm #54

Thanks Ken,
I hear you on the naming thing. Seems to me a lot of these software types might benefit from a foundation course in the presentation of imformation/graphics. You know the sort of thing, prioritising on a need to use basis, using size, colour and position intelligently.
I am constantly amazed by the variety of ways they can find to conceal "need to use" items.

Rod.

boybowyer
boybowyer

December 22nd, 2007, 1:59 pm #55

Iliana,

This has nothing to do with posting to the site, but where did you get the music on that video? I'd like to get a copy. The video and bow are both cool too.

BB

123Sharo
123Sharo

December 22nd, 2007, 11:11 pm #56

BB, it is from Mike Oldfield's album "The songs of Distant Earth" 1994. The song is named "A new beginning" and it shows up there. It has ethnic motives, while the rest of the album contains much different themes, more like a music to a SciFi movie. It is worth to hear it!

This here is a great short chant and I love it very much too!

Iliana

George Tsoukalas
George Tsoukalas

December 24th, 2007, 4:13 pm #57

Let's try this.

George Tsoukalas
George Tsoukalas

December 24th, 2007, 4:14 pm #58

Yeah! In Photobucket it's the bottom link. Jawge

George Tsoukalas
George Tsoukalas

December 24th, 2007, 4:17 pm #59