Coll
Coll

November 23rd, 2012, 9:44 pm #41

For some reason I cannot see any of your pictures from the tutorial section of this post! Is there something special I need to do to be able to view these? I love the pictures of the ones other folk made but need to see the tutorial section... I REALLY want to make a few of these!

Eric Methven
Eric Methven

November 24th, 2012, 2:10 pm #42

Sorry Coll, I can no longer see them either. I think the photo hosting server has gone down.
I'll do some checking and see if I can get them back.
With age comes skills, such as the ability to multitask.
I can now cough, sneeze, fart and pee my pants all at the same time!

Coll
Coll

November 25th, 2012, 12:59 am #43

Thanks very much Eric, I was pretty disappointed when I saw no pictures - look forward to seeing if you can 'fix' it somehow.

hrivas
hrivas

December 20th, 2012, 11:57 am #44

here is link of file i have saved. hope it be usefull and Mr. Eric Methven do not have mind. thanks

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_tHmLC ... pJRDA/edit 
Last edited by hrivas on December 20th, 2012, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coll
Coll

December 22nd, 2012, 10:05 pm #45

Thank you so much hrivas - that worked great and I have it all printed off and ready to use! The only thing I don't have now is the template for the flask ... anyone have one of those they can share - just until I have learned the basics and then I may well come up with my own

russellcook
russellcook

June 19th, 2014, 8:51 am #46

Hi all.

I am also unable to see the pics or the template. Any chance someone could maybe send them to me in a PM? Even just a few of the most crucial pics would be great.

Quillsnkiko
Quillsnkiko

June 20th, 2014, 2:34 am #47

If you go to the web site listed AT the bottom of the thread about the skin kayak...just recently ...shared here in the leather section ...click on it ..it takes you to a face book page for the guy who made the kayak ....and all the things .....on the kayak rope .paddles ....everything .He also makes flasks and sells them .& runs a survival school.... there are some very good pictures...which I am sure will help you .

you have to scroll down the face book page and look at older posts....the one about the flasks will come up.

Eric's flasks were very similar.....

This fellow packs his wet leather with barley .... after its sewn.....He tells how he water proofs them to ..very interesting information there about many things including flasks..... Hope that helps you out some .....  OR......

there is one picture of the completed flasks on Eric's tutorial here ....put a piece of  thin paper on the computer screen and trace it .....trace it onto graph paper and  then ......enlarge it ....to what ever size you want it ....easy as pie to do....Quills

Quills
Last edited by Quillsnkiko on June 20th, 2014, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
" You can't stop the waves .... but, you can learn to surf."

russellcook
russellcook

June 20th, 2014, 3:00 am #48

Thanks, Quills.

I'm going to visit a friend who knows how to access Facebook tonight (it's banned here), so I'll check it out.

russellcook
russellcook

June 24th, 2014, 1:53 am #49

Hi again!

I havene't been able to get on to Facebook yet (but did check out the skin kayak, what an amazing piece of work), but my wanderings online found this pictured tutorial. 

There appear to be some differences with Eric's (e.g. they didn't mnetion gluing before sewing), could any tell me if it looks usable?

www.rusticgirls.com/leather-water-bottle/