North Texas new guy just joining the party

DobermanGuy
DobermanGuy

1:27 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #1

Hi everybody. I see there not too much activity on this forum anymore regarding points but figured i needed to introduce myself. My names Chris Cox and i live in North Central Texas on the Red River, about 5 miles from Oklahoma. Ive got Chickasaw Indian heritage and am just beginning my napping journey (about 4 months in). Went to a tiny knapp-in in Mena this year and met some really cool fellas including Bud Cagle, Greig Voss and Steve from Dans Whetstones. Also have had the pleasure of meeting Curtis Smith a few weeks prior to the knapp-in who helped me aquire a literal ton of rock. from "a guy". A hell of a starting pile. All awesome people who didnt give me too much crap, except for Bud, as i didn't bring my tools to the knap-in like a dummy. Hope to see some of you guys in the future and slowly getting my skills to where they need to be to be able to hang with the cool kids. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!! Love you @freeezecracked, you got me started by watching your vids. Also been watching Jim Wynn's (paleomanjim on YT) videos lately...wow.

Forgot to mention meeting Adam Lageveen from arkansas....super cool guy too.
Last edited by DobermanGuy on 3:27 PM - Oct 14, 2018, edited 4 times in total.

Chippintuff
Chippintuff

2:13 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #2

Welcome aboard.

Since I have some of Greig Voss's work, I can vouch for his high level of skill. You will meet a lot of highly skilled knappers on this forum, and most of them will do everything they can to help you along.

I wondered whether anybody else had seen the doberman.

WA