New forum

badger5149
badger5149

November 28th, 2010, 12:24 am #1

I appreciate the mods putting up a new forum for us. Looking forward to some geed discussions here. I think it would be nice to get it off to a good start and maybe start a post with a lot of the terminology we will be using here. Allen Case and dave woodbear as well as a few others here are very good with putting physics terms into laymans language and hopefully will assist us here in getting this thing rolling.

Some terms we will be defining and explaining how to work with.
Virtual mass      VM
Stored energy    SE  ( usually expressed in foot pounds)
Kinetic energy    KE  ( foot pounds)
Force draw curves      FDC
Stored energy per draw force   SEPDF
Efficiency             E
Arrow mass         M
velocity               V
Hysterisis
Vibration
List will be added to in the next few days

Another useful thread I think might be on testing and evaluating along with some useful experiments we can do at home that help with a deeper understanding of some of the basic principles.

Looking forward to some good threads here. Steve

PaleoAleo
PaleoAleo

November 28th, 2010, 12:39 am #2

Good deal Steve. Just let me know how I can help. If there's some way I can make this a better place for such discussion, let me know. I've spent about an hour and a half moving older discussions over, but it's very time consuming. I may quit and just let the forum move forward from here.

If there are any old discussions you guys know of on the main archery forum, just kick them to the top and I'll capture them and move them over.

Tom

badger5149
badger5149

November 28th, 2010, 1:14 am #3

Tom, I think starting from scratch will be fine. Hopefully here the threads may be longer but a lower volume of new threads, hard to say how it will go. Steve