Manufacture of stone tools, knives and arrowheads by lithic reduction
FOGman
FOGman

July 24th, 2014, 8:38 pm #21

<br /><br /><br />

Chippintuff
Chippintuff

January 16th, 2015, 4:04 am #22

Knappin at College Station/Bryan, TX Feb. 21, 2015 address 7421 Wixon Rd., Bryan, TX
All day event, pot luck food or restaurant options in area. No charge for knappers or watchers or vendors.

WA

MoundKnapper
MoundKnapper

January 22nd, 2015, 9:04 pm #23

14th Annual Mammoth Spring State Park Knap-In

March 27, 2015 - March 28, 2015
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Meeting Place: Ball Field Area
Admission: Free for spectators; knappers - $10

Flint knappers will be demonstrating and teaching the primitive art of making points and arrowheads. Some tools and rock will be available for those starting out. This is an excellent opportunity to watch and learn from "seasoned" knappers. Demonstrations both days.

Mammoth Spring State Park P.O. Box 36 Mammoth Spring, AR 72554
Ph: (870) 625-7364
mammothspring@arkansas.com

Creekside Artifacts
Creekside Artifacts

January 26th, 2015, 3:56 pm #24

Genesee Valley Flintknappers Spring 2015 Knap-In

When: Knap-In Saturday May 9, 2015
Camping Friday May 8 through Sunday May 10

Where: Letchworth State Park
Highbanks Tent & Trailer Camping Area

Knap-in will be held inside the Camping Recreation Hall on Saturday

Open to the public- visitors not camping are welcome!

Knap-In:
Participants are welcome and encouraged to bring primitive and knapping-related items/supplies for display/sale during the event on Saturday.

Meals:
As no concessions will be available, participants should plan for their own meals during the weekend. Everyone is encouraged to provide a dish-to-pass and BYOB for a pot luck lunch during the knap-in on Saturday.

Camping Reservations:
Knap-in participants will be camping on sites in Loop #200 [pets welcome in this area]
To view the campsites visit:
http://campadk.com/campsitephotos.html? ... sesite=yes
To reserve a campsite visit: http://www.reserveamerica.com
• Restrooms/showers available
• Electricity available on campsites
Last edited by Creekside Artifacts on January 26th, 2015, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

www.creeksideartifacts.com

FLINTKNAPPING RAY
FLINTKNAPPING RAY

February 7th, 2015, 4:44 pm #25

Am I paranoid and we need event insurance and products liability or can we just go for it and hope there are no jerks?
Last edited by FLINTKNAPPING RAY on April 16th, 2015, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

toxophileken
toxophileken

April 16th, 2015, 4:35 am #26

Doesn't look like this thread is being used much, lately. Is there another place to check for knap-ins? Anybody have links?

I'm specifically looking for info about the Bakersfield knap-in; but I'm sure there are plenty out there that would love to hear about the various events coming up.

Ken

mjflinty
mjflinty

January 9th, 2016, 3:33 pm #27

I try to keep an up to date list of knap-ins on FlintKnappers.com

http://www.flintknappers.com/events.php

Good chipping,
Michael
Michael Miller
http://www.FlintKnappers.com

Scott S
Scott S

January 11th, 2016, 10:44 pm #28

reefera4m
reefera4m

February 6th, 2016, 2:49 am #29

The Puget Sound Knappers' 2016 Schedule of Events is available on http://www.pugetsoundknappers.com/events/2016 Events.html

Admission is Free and all PSK Knap-in hosts insure that there is plenty of Free ROCK, free instruction, loaner tools, safety glasses and gloves.  And, as always. at least one 'free' potluck dinner (to die for)!

Everyone, the public included, is cordially invited.  At most events there are free camping accommodations and some offer even more amenities.  Check with the individual Knap-in Hosts if you need a place to stay.

Proud member of the Puget Sound Knappers Clan of the OogaBooga Tribe
OogaBooga Chief, PSK Clan
Editor and Publisher of SPALLS, the Newsletter of the PSK
Webmaster - Puget Sound Knappers 
'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

FLINTKNAPPING RAY
FLINTKNAPPING RAY

July 20th, 2016, 2:31 pm #30

Hi Everyone, FROM SUSAN
After a lot of work, I have managed to secure a location for a Northern California knap-in which I hope will turn into an annual event. This knap-in will be in Penn
Valley California (next door neighbor to Grass Valley). I have gotten the Rodeo grounds at 10531 Spenceville Road, just behind the fire station (with paramedics
available with a loud shout). The dates will be September 2nd through 5th which is Labour Day weekend. Dry camping will be free with a suggested donation of $15 to
help us pay for the grounds rental. There will be an auction on Monday for any handcrafted items you want to enter, with a 10% auctioneer fee to also help fund the
event. Some food will be available for a suggested $5 donation but there are several food places within a short walking distance. I'll have an area set aside for
atlatl throwing or bow/arrow practice. There will be various classes offered all weekend and if you want to hold a class just let me know so I can add it to the
schedule. On Friday I will be teaching a class in the morning for adults and in the evening for the kids on flintknapping. On Saturday there will be pine needle
basket weaving and Dream catcher weaving and possibly a fiber class. On Sunday we will be doing some tanning - both fleshing and softening some hides. On Monday we
are having a drum making class - you can make a 16" Elk drum for $160 (I need payment by the end of August for that class so we can order the supplies). It should
be a fun and busy weekend with a lot of interest by the local communities. If any of you can possibly make it, please let me know.
Thanks,
Susan Gleason

Phoenix Obsidian Designs
1451A East Main Street
Grass Valley, CA 95945
(530) 477-1957
www.obsidiandesigns.com

Michael Bootz
Michael Bootz

February 22nd, 2017, 5:47 pm #31

From Moundknapper:

caveman2533