Knap-In 06/15/18 - 06/17/18

Ethanw08
Ethanw08

June 13th, 2018, 1:18 pm #1

Hello ladies and gentleknappers,

I know this is late notice, but there is a knap-in here in Central Oklahoma. Even with the late notice, I thought that if you guys didn't have anything planned for this weekend it might be a fun thing to checkout. It is going to be held on a family farm which means primitive camping (unless you have an RV or the like) but it will go from Friday to Sunday. If you would like to know more about this event (and how to get there) you can go to the OJAM Facebook page. The address for the event is 8010 E 80th Street. Stillwater, Oklahoma. (do no be surprised if it looks like it is in the middle of nowhere, like I said it is held on a private farm just northeast of Perkins.)

Also, there will be bow building for those that might be interested. I built my first bow out of osage orange at OJAM and the bow is still shooting great 3 years later, so they know how to teach you to make them right. Staves (long pieces of wood) for bows run anywhere from $55 - $120.

While the event is 100% free for those camping and just looking around, I think there will be a fee of $25 for each participating person (knapping or bowmaking). The $25 covers your camping, OJAM membership, and also the insurance to hold the event. Families are encouraged to come to this event as well. Dogs should remain on leash and at the camping area (they had an incident a few years back and no longer allow dogs in the general area.)

Its a fun time with some great people, so if you are free for the weekend or just want to head up for the day feel free to stop by. I believe Vryl will be there as a rock vendor so you can view his inventory if you would like as well.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with OJAM or its board, I just thought you guys would like to know about the event if you are in the surrounding area.

Thanks,

Ethan.
Last edited by Ethanw08 on June 13th, 2018, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freeze cracked
freeze cracked

June 13th, 2018, 1:43 pm #2

i saw nothing regarding the event on that site or the one it refers visitors to
i dream of a better world in which chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Ethanw08
Ethanw08

June 13th, 2018, 1:56 pm #3

freeze cracked wrote: i saw nothing regarding the event on that site or the one it refers visitors to
Thanks for your reply freezecracked. I kmow youre in tulsa it would be great if you came. You are correct about the website. I just checked it and it looks like they took it down to do some work on it. I have texted Jason to get the address for the event and edit it into my original post! Thanks for the catch on that!

In the meantime, I have posted a screenshot to the OJAM event below.

Thanks,

Ethan
Last edited by Ethanw08 on June 13th, 2018, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ethanw08
Ethanw08

June 13th, 2018, 1:59 pm #4

Here is the screenshot from the Facebook page...
Screenshot_20180613-085736.png