Bow Bamboo Bonanza to be held February 21 & 22, 2015 in Odum, Georgia
A weekend seminar of talks, demonstrations, and discussions on bamboo & bow-building. Organized and hosted by Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer at their Bamboo Farm in Odum, Georgia. Presentations will address the following topics:
• An overview of suitable varieties of bamboo for bow-building
• Choosing and matching bamboo to different types of bows
• Harvesting bamboo for bow-building
• Curing, drying, storing, and tempering bamboo
• In-depth look at how bamboo contributes to the workings of a bow
• Preparing bamboo for use in bows
• Bamboo as inner core material
• Traditional Japanese techniques of bow-making
• Round-table discussion
During the weekend participants will have time to try out different styles of bows that use bamboo in their construction.
Registration is $60 and includes is a Saturday night barbecue & Sunday lunch.
Motel-accommodation available in near-by Jesup, Georgia.
Limited primitive camping on site.
Send an email to email@example.com for more info.