skalla
skalla

May 16th, 2017, 8:45 pm #261

Ta! Highland horn sell them but i dont think they ship skeletal stuff outside the EU. A lot of online sellers in India should have it, i've been swamed by indian horn and bone suppliers since i started showing my work on instagram. Should be gettable

Michael Bootz
Michael Bootz

May 17th, 2017, 5:32 am #262

Beautiful! The second one is my favorite - the handle is really special.

Ty,
check shops that sell knife making supplies. Camel bone is a popular handle material, as far as I know.

Tyrannocaster
Tyrannocaster

May 17th, 2017, 12:21 pm #263

I'm telling ya, you haven't lived until you've hafted a knife with a squirrel bone.

skalla
skalla

May 19th, 2017, 2:28 pm #264

Thanks Michael!

Both of these and the apple knife's handle were just from experiments with scraps, they had been sitting around waiting for the right bits to go with them!

And camel bone is ofc very popular as scales, I was originally going to buy large scales and make blades from them, but i'm very glad I got the whole bone instead as I ended up with much more substantial business ends

There must be suppliers in the US who will do whole camel bones though, or suppliers in india who ship to the states - one indian guy I was chatting to ships cow horns to crafters in the US and I believe he sells whole bone too.  I have never done business with him yet but if anyone wants to look in to it i'll pass on his info via pm.