Moderator: Oru

Mikael
Advanced Member
Mikael
Advanced Member

June 26th, 2016, 3:47 am #61

"Ahem" Captain Tulouse cleared his throat "my dear guests and new friends; You pull from the conclusive point of these discussions like a fish on a line. No one wants anyone to be untrue to their beliefs. I just want for your two people to see that they need no quarrel. One side gets a ship with help, and the other gets help in establishing a more effective defense for their shoal. The third party that has become a part of this all shall enjoy diplomatic treatment while on 'Wave Whisper'. No further bond do I charge these parties with than that of a chance for friendship, and may your honors rest on it, for I no longer do." Tulouse stood, cheer'd, and drank. Leaving the finite details to these quarrelsome individuals. "No ship should have so much ego aboard"
Mikael, Druid of Yggdrasil and Gaea

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 28th, 2016, 7:55 am #62

Delaeri smiled and clasped her hands together.

"I always enjoy making friends. I think I would very much like a chance at friendship. If you'll all excuse me, I do have to go check on the one I healed for you Captain." Delaeri said, nodding to Captain Tulouse, unsure if she was to mention the little one, so she decided to be vague.

She departed then, and went to make sure her healing had done it's job.

------------

Maya casually raised her glass to Captain Tulouse.

"Being friends with the head of the Royal Navy can't hurt in suppose." She said, looking at her own Captain.

Kibble
Advanced Member
Kibble
Advanced Member

June 28th, 2016, 11:08 am #63

Of course the oceana had come on the ship to heal someone. TiChakah had softened as Delaeri defended her, smoothing things over enough for discussions to really be coming to an end. The little Oceana may be stupid enough to willingly be caught by sailors that may or may not have been lying at the time, but she was probably the safest being on this ship. Anyone having the thought of harming her would end up in a very painful situation before they died. Her gentle attitude would do wonders as an ambassador and honestly, TiChakah was glad that all of the responsibility wouldn't simply fall on her own shoulders- she didn't have the patience. She would do all she could however, to help the siren bear the burden that her new job promised to be. This was going to be a long and hard journey that would be changing the way Mainlanders saw Mer and it was probably best that a short tempered Sharkskin wasn't the main Mer spearheading it.
"As far as Mer go, you've got a few different kinds onboard. That should go a long way in going forward with helping understand each other. I will also hope that friendship comes from this, it'll just be a bit... bumpy as we figure out how to work through the cultural differences." she eyes the pirates contemplatively. It was rather understandable that pirates could be just as different as Mer were... it would just take a lot of getting used to the new idea. She'd have to remember that they seemed to know just as little about Mer and were having just as hard a time. "I imagine it's going to get a bit more lively. This might actually be fun!" she chuckled.
"Roll for cow." <3

Mikael
Advanced Member
Mikael
Advanced Member

June 29th, 2016, 4:22 am #64

Captain nodded to Delaeri
"Thank you... very much."
He stood as she left then again took his seat.

He then smiled at Maya's comment.
"Yes, 45 long-nine's firing a broadside can change the tide if you become entangled with the wrong sort. I do not wish to endorse piracy, but when you have your ship, I would like it much if we could continue our friendship. There are many malicious pirates in these waters and I think their ships could be put to better use. Personally, I would like it very much if HRM's Wave Whisper could have a partner in cutting down your competition..."
In a humorous and NOT-genuine recovery.
"I mean, to say, that is... huh"
Pretending to act all amiss. Tulouse then calmed and smiled with a glint in his eye that a shark would respect.
"It would be a good start with the mer. To show them that we honor our friendships, especially when that means fighting those that would hunt and hurt them."

And to TiChakah he smiled and nodded.
"Our beautiful people have many things to share, if we can forgive our individual quirks and see the heart of the people, we may just have a chance."

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 29th, 2016, 4:36 am #65

The Tempest, regretfully, was not paying attention. She was only waiting for queues from the Oceana, whom she immediately followed out of the room and to the medical area of the ship. Each sailor they passed gave them both a wide berth. (Though that was likely Myrari's fault.)

Captain Haversham listened to the exchange with a piqued interest, and a sadly emptied glass. Sometime during the whole ordeal, his sipping had slipped from genteel behavior into quick successive sips that left his glass bare and empty. Like his soul, at having no more Private STock to enjoy.

The best day of his life. Simultaneously cast beside his most horribly day. Strange how fate worked out. He cast Maya a grin and bowed his head respectfully to the Oceana and the crazy-octopus-woman as they left, and then (surprisingly,) bowed his head at the sharkskin girl as she spoke in reference to him and then fun in a sentence shortly after.

He took a step forward, laid the glass down back on its tray on Captain Tulouse's desk and then presented himself to the pair of chatty diplomats. "First, let me be the first to say, in the history of pirating, that I would be delighted to assist you in matters involving the less-savory types of my occupation. I consider it a service to clean up these waters of those who would give freedom-loving fellows - and ladies - such as myself and my crew a bad name. Second -" He turned to TiChaka, "... Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. I am Captain Dirk Haversham. You may in fact call me Dirk, if it pleases you."

Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 29th, 2016, 8:42 am #66

Maya smiled slightly as Haversham's demeanor changed. He was much more enjoyable to be around when he wasn't sulking.

"If proper introductions are in order, Mayana Cassius, Captain Dirk's First Mate. You can call me Maya if you'd like." Maya said.

She set her glass down on the tray as well.

"I think once we get a ship, we can gladly.... help restore order to the waters. I for one wouldn't mind seeing some more ships with less idiots on them." She grinned.

---------------

Delaeri walked to where she had left the little one, with Myrari in tow. The young girl was still asleep, which was unsurprising. The sickness was still in Delaeri, but she could feel it being washed away by her own healing powers.

She was glad to see color returned to the girl'so face. She seemed a bit frail, but her strength would come back in time. She sat on the edge of the bed and smoothed the young one's hair out of her face with gentle hands. She no longer felt feverish.

Delaeri simply sat with her while she slept, waiting until Captain Tulouse came to check on the little one. She wished for him to see that the girl was well. He seemed to care for her. It would warm Delaeri's heart to know she was able to save the girl and keep that happiness in their hearts.

Kibble
Advanced Member
Kibble
Advanced Member

June 29th, 2016, 5:40 pm #67

TiChakah was much relieved at the less serious air in the room. She eyed Haversham openly, taking in his large form and was fascinated by his gold earrings. She thoughtfully stroked one of her ornamental shell necklaces. They had been a gift from a pair of tiger Sharkskins two years ago and they were beautiful. Rare, exotic, dangerous to acquire, and some of them encrusted with precious metals or stones. Sharkskins had little use for wealth, but betting hard to acquire tokens such as these were the norm among her race. He reminded her much of the males that chased after her.
"Call me TiChakah. Tell me, Dirk. Are you a betting man?" she asked, a slow smrik forming on her lips.
"Roll for cow." <3

Mikael
Advanced Member
Mikael
Advanced Member

June 29th, 2016, 9:40 pm #68

Tulouse breathed easy as the chatter started. He much preferred this tone of conversation, in-fact he was really excited to see them get along so well. Tulouse smiled, leaned back, and gestured at the bottle.
"Captain, if you'd like another, then have some more, you seem to appreciate a good drop."
He continued to listen as his mind scoured the details.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 30th, 2016, 3:08 pm #69

When TiChaka asked Haversham if he was a betting man, Maya couldn't help but laugh. She quickly covered her mouth, stifling the laugh but not really able to hide the amused smile.

"Well Captain, are you a betting man?" Maya teased, smirking devilishly.

Oh she couldn't wait to see him try. His luck was awful when it came to cards. Everything else though, it was like he carried a leprechaun in his pocket.

------------------

After a while of sitting with the little one, Delaeri went up onto the deck to get some air. She leaned on the railing and started chatting with the sailors, asking them questions on how the ship worked, about their lives and families, and other such things.

Mikael
Advanced Member
Mikael
Advanced Member

June 30th, 2016, 11:03 pm #70

The good captain's smile became genuine as he relaxed and just watched the proceedings...