Moderator: Oru

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

July 12th, 2015, 9:05 pm #31

Jade's next smile was one of pure gratitude towards Walker. SHara was the only sane link here other then Walker, and as of late they had been unseperable. She spared a quick, furtive glance towards Raka. "Is... that all right?"

Raka looked over at Jade and shrugged. "Just make sure they aren't in the way. I suspect there will be fighting. If they are in the way, we can't overpower whoever it is we're up against." It was a practical observation. Otherwise he had no problem liberating others. Besides, Mid'gha was... well, he supposed, in that moment he could count her as a friend.

Jade smiled and looked back at Walker. "I can try to talk to her about it, subtly, to see how she and her mother feel, and I can tell you what I find out later. "

As if on queue, Shara called out for her MIstress. Jade turned to peer around and saw that he Sultan was there for his poetry, flight and song. She sighed. Turning back to Walker and Raka she reached out and squeezed both of their hands. "Thank you both. Be careful." She grinned brightly, and spun away to greet the sultan.

Raka turned to Walker and then turned to immediately retreat back to their respective quarters. He was silent for a good portion of the trip, weighing the optins inhis mind. He took into account all the possible angles and other then the two biggest variables (Dima and Edgar) he concluded that their bigest challenges would be Jacintha and Fiora. Though, honestly, he doubted Walker would have any problem taking either one of them down. He certainly wouldn't.

Raka grimaced to think of what kind of person that made him, that he could so easily use Jacintha's apparent affection to his own benefit then turn around and contemplate killing her.

As soon as they returned to their quarters, just to make things more believable, Raka tossed Walker a training sword, and he got himself a length of training rope with a wooden toggle at the end. He ruthlessly practiced with Walker for the benefit of the watchful eyes of Bruiser and Thug until they were both exhausted, then Raka snarled for more.

When the light began to descend into darkness, Raka quit the practice ring, snapping for Scorpio to clean up for their meal.

As an afterthought, Raka managed to catch Mid'gha taking some laundry from their rooms. "Scorpio missed a meal. He'll need some refreshment in hs room if he's going to be useful to us."

Mid'gha cocked her head to the side curiously, and without smirk or question, she bowed. "Of course Master Demon. I will have someone leave him rations in his room. Discreetly." With that she was gone.

So after Walker was forced to eat his minimal share, he would return to his room to find fresh fruit and vegetables with dried meat, courtesy of Mid'gha - as signified by a tiny blue ribbon on the stem of a particularly lush looking fruit.

Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

July 12th, 2015, 9:54 pm #32

The guards were milling around the training yards. Edgar watched them from the window and spotted the men he would need to deal with. He descended to the yards and everyone fell into a circle around him.

Edgar: We need to step things up with the influx of noble's coming to see the caged angel. I haven't been impressed with you lot of jelly rolls so we're going to train hard and honour skills. Break into pairs and start sparring until I tell you to stop.

His plan was to exhaust the guards and then add choice men to bolster the line. They tended to get into the snuff. Between stoned guards and exhausted ones, his plan should work.

Little did he know that he was under the watch of a pair of large lizard eyes.

Dima had been trying to figure out Edgar's motives but suddenly he wasn't seen around the Sultan anymore and returned to where he belonged in the pen with the rest of the swine. It didn't mean he'd stop paying attention, a singular puzzle piece didn't look like anything until you found matches. There was nothing to do but to keep watching.

Why was he training the Sultan's guards?

The next few days were more about training for Walker. Edgar had returned but still seemed focused on other things. Walker was put under Raka's care which meant sparring, lots of sparring.

Walker: We should go see Jade this afternoon and see if she's spoken with Shara and her mother. Have you had any luck deciphering what's been going on with Edgar?

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

July 12th, 2015, 10:06 pm #33

Jade was all nerves for the next few days. She kept trying to talk with Shara about escaping, but she was evasive with her answers What she gathered so far was that she would go where her mother bade her. And Mid'gha was so busy fashioning the Wives' and Sultans wardrobes that she barely had time to say hello. Little did she know that every night, Shara would stay awake, sneak out and speak with her mother in the quiet of the evening about that same possibility. Shara had never known free life, but speaking with Jade romanticized th enotion until there were stars in the girl's eyes.

That morning, as quiet as a ghost as always, Mid'gha cleared her throat from behind Walker and Raka, bowing lowly. She extended an armful of new garments to Walker and another armful to Raka, who accepted with his usual awkward grace. "If Masters Shadow and Demon are pleased, I have created new attire for you. I hope you will both find it very freeing." She looked at them from under her lashes. As Walker reached for his, her hand would gently clasp his wrist from beneath the pile of fabric, and pressed there would be a small note.

When she retreated it was with her customary bow and disappearance into the shadows. The note read: "My daughter and I are with you. I have not seen her as happy as she is with your Angel, and to further your agenda would be both our honor and duty. You may trust my daughter and I for our discretion. Please dispose of this note. - Mid'gha"

Raka made no qualms about leaning over to look at the note. When Walker was done, he held out a hand for it, and turned it to instant cinders that drifted off into the wind. He quirked a snarl - oh wait. That must have been a smile? - at Walker and nodded.

He jerked his head to the ring. They would have to train. But when they arrived, they did not see Thug and Bruiser as per usual. They saw Edgar. Raka felt his jaw clench angrily. Subconsciously, he cast his eyes to the water basin but only briefly.

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

July 13th, 2015, 7:01 pm #34

Walker was elated as he read the note, Mid'gha and Shara were with them. The advantages having people as knowledgeable about the palace as those two were numerous from intimate knowledge of the city, to ears that were permitted to hear almost everything. His confidence was growing with every moment, he walked tall to training expecting another day of avoiding Thug and Bruiser.

They stepped onto the training field to face a widely grinning Edgar. His heart sank and he could feel the icy grip of fear loosening his knees. The man had managed to affect Walker on an internal level, despite his own skills and powers the man terrified him. Finding what steel he had left, he walked steadily forward.

Edgar: Good morning Weakling and Matchstick, it's time to get down to some real work. You've had it easy up until now. Come forward and face each other and Raka drop your weapons. I'll let you know when you can use them.

He knew Walker didn't have any weapons. The pathetic fool was still too broken up over his broken pig sticker that he was barely able to bring himself to wield a training weapon. Well today he wouldn't have to. He would appease the magus by forcing them to use their stone magic to give him a glimpse. If he was going to try and claim this power for himself he would need to learn about what he was chasing.

Walker was in the center and faced Raka. He waited for his lead.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

July 13th, 2015, 7:25 pm #35

As Raka stalked to the center opposite Walker, he cast Edgar a sidelong, wary glance. What was he getting at? He casually took an offensive stance with fists raised as if to go immediately into Hand to Hand, but in the back of his mind he already knew somehow what Edgar wanted. He wanted to make them use the stones against each other. Or maybe Raka was just being paraniod.

Not likely. Whatever Edgar's reasons were, he launched himself at Walker with a snarl. He was only basically trained at this sort of close quarters combat. His true strength was in the grapple. He utilized that in his own style frequently with the chain. He had no doubt, however, that Walker would be the shining pupil in this brief dance. Raka was surprised by Walker's speed several times. He was more then likely a far more skilled combattant than he was -but if it came to the stones, Raka wasn't sure. They were of opposing forces.

At one point, Raka, by blind instinctual luck, ducked a blow from Walker, and juked in to ensnare the other man's arm. He yanked it hard behind Scorpio's back and hissed in his ear, "We can't keep this up. He wants to see the stones." He jerked on Scorpio's arm, hoping it hurt enough to piss him off. 'Use it! Use Scorpio!"

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

July 14th, 2015, 3:02 am #36

The fight started without any command or attention. Just two men rushing at each other throwing fists, dodging kicks and e fair number of headbutts. Hand to hand was a strength for Walker and coupled with his speed, he was having little trouble staying ahead of the attacks. But Raka fought with a ferocity and strength that caused Walker to worry about the Tanjuri landing a blow. It wouldn't be as heavy as an Edgar hit, but damage was still damage. His unorthodox style was interesting, it was rough but had a unique quality. He'd have to talk to Raka about it late.

Walker let Raka in close and he didn't waste the opportunity locking Walker up. "Use Scorpio!" He hissed in his ear. Walker looked at Edgar and saw boredom on the man's face.

Walker: He's not buying this. He knows I'm...you have the fiery temperament you should be using Aries first. Act frustrated and angry.

He didn't want to insult the man but if He were to suddenly need Scorpio after having a reputation of stubbornness where as Raka was known for it, Edgar would know something was up. If he had argument, Walker proved the point by sliding his leg through Raka's and sliding his hip into his abdomen and pulled the shorter man off the ground. With him off balance he pulled his arm straight breaking the grip then hip tossed him over his shoulder. But not before whispering:

Walker: I see an opportunity here.

Truth be told, it wouldn't have been difficult to draw on Scorpio. The stone was humming pleasantly in his wrist, he could feel a pool of exultation trying to spill into his pool of focus. Since the bonding with the stone he's had to use several of his old techniques learned while learning his sigils. It kept Scorpio at bay during the waking hours but it was always present just outside.

Walker: I must be growing on you Edgar, if you're letting me off by fighting him.

Edgar raised his eyes brows at the comment. He wasn't impressed with the fight, he didn't know what they were up to but they looked like a pair of pigs trying to fuck a horse trough. The comment had some sass but he ignored it and waited. Out of all the times he'd seen the Tanjuri use his flames he never thought to pay it any mind but now he found himself trying to remember every single instance. The one thing he knew was chirping him was a great way to get burned.

Edgar: if he has time to make fun of you, then he surely won't mind if you pick up your chain.

There were no weapons for Walker. At least to Edgar's knowledge. Walker felt his tusks tucked inside his sleeves. He'd keep those hidden as long as possible but at least he could put them to some use against the chains.

Walker: That should help things out.

Walker taunted.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

July 14th, 2015, 2:09 pm #37

Raka felt his left eye twitch at Walker's comment, but he knew it was true. He needed more push. Walker was damnable patient and composed. He had the brief resignation to the fact as he was tossed through the air and landed with an off on the sand. Raka pulled himself up with a deepening scowl. He remained at the ready while they traded quips, but remained carefully bland of expression.

When Edgar gave him permission to use his chain, he started for it right away. His brow was furrowed angrily and his snarl twitched effortlessly onto his face as he pulled up the chain and coiled it around his arms and torso. He turned to face Walker for just a moment, confirming the change of round before he almost slowly unravelled part of the chain to dangle, iron bangle forst to hit the floor.

Then in a flash, he had it spun and then released off of his right forearm in an arc towards Scorpio, and released with it was an angry snarl. He used the words Walker was saying as fuel, instead of taking them seriously. He also knew, however, that Edgar would know if he held anything back.

So he didn't.

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

July 14th, 2015, 3:00 pm #38

The game had changed and it was a change that worried Walker as the iron ball whipped passed his head over and over. Raka's reach had increased ten fold and managed to keep Walker away from him. Without a weapon he couldn't get close enough. The chain waved out after the bangle flew and smashed into his shoulder. A snaky trick.

Edgar: The weakling isn't so quick to talk now.

He laughed a deep roar and continued to watch the show. He wanted to see the stones in action but Edgar always enjoyed the art of violence.

Walker kept his senses sharp and tried to manage his breathing to conserve his endurance but Raka continued with the barrage as if fuelled by an neve ending source of anger.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

July 14th, 2015, 3:21 pm #39

Raka practicalyl danced with the momentum of the chain. This was obviously his strongest combat technique, and he executed it flawlessly and with a practiced ease that made it seem as simple as breathing. Granted, it was quite the work out, and he loved feeling the burning strain on his muscles as he sent the chain out again and again.

WHen he conencted with Walker's shoulder, he quickly dove in, pulled himself upright and whipped out his leg in a mimcry of a trip. The chain warped and wefted to his whim and slung out to catch Walker around the knees. Raka let himself spin to an upright position, and yanked full force on the chain, bringing his query crashing to the ground. Raka kept pulling too, taking this opportunity to snarl, "Not so superior with your face in the dirt, are you Scorpio?" He felt a flicker at the corner of his eyes, and he bade the stone be patient. The flicker would be enough to hint at his anger.

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

July 14th, 2015, 7:43 pm #40

Walker spat out a gob of muddy saliva and finally shook his leg free of the chain. He ignored the taunt, it was th same thing he was doing earlier, he knew it was just for show. The gloating gave him a moment and he jumped to his feet and closed the distance shoving his fist into Raka's stomach and knocking the air out of him. He went to follow up with a kick but Raka tumbled forward into a roll and came back up with the chai. Swinging the chain savagely over his shoulder, the metal bludgeon was coming straight at Walker's head.

It reminded him of the time in the desert when he saw the halberd bearing down on him. This time he had an answer, or rather he felt it. Scorpio was inspiring a calmness, somehow it had mixed with his focus. Liquid energy spewed from the stone and wrapped Walker in translucent armour, deflecting Raka's weapon harmlessly. The liquid energy then pulled away and started to concentrate around his wrist then extending into the sword of energy he'd used before.

Walker: Round 3.