Moderator: Oru

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

August 3rd, 2015, 1:05 pm #41

Walker listened but couldn't fathom laying with someone he couldn't stand. But then, this whole topic was out of his depth. He understood the physical attraction to the woman though. Then it was his turn as Raka turned the questions on him. He coughed and shifted uncomfortably.

Walker: I bear the guardian sigil. Our code is strict and to perform our duties, such things like sex may interfere with what we've sworn to do. When I make an oath of guardianship to someone, a magic marks me and through it I'm given reserves of strengths to see to my task. Selfishness and carnal pleasures counter it and failure to protect, well, what do you think happens if I lose?

He chuckled dryly. To prove his story, Walker removed his shirt and pointed at the runic mark on the back of his neck then to the far more intricate markings on his chest over his heart.

Walker: Is the "itch" stronger than an absence of trust in the other person?

Fiora clawed at the orange powder cloying to her face and filling her nostrils, throat and mouth. She coughed violently while her eyes poured streams of tears. It was rare for her to panic. This was the cost of her carelessness. She gasped for breath and it wasn't long that her oxygen starved brain blacked out.

Dima waited on the other side and when he heard the thump he knew it was time. He opened the door, pushing the woman's legs to the side, and he stepped through, picked her up and placed her gently in a chair. With his index he pressed it to the centre of her forehead and pushed until her head rolled backwards and bumped against the wall. The light blow shocked her awake and the groggy woman flopped forward under her own (stoned) power.

Confident in his chemicals, Dima sat opposite her on his cot.

Dima: what have you done, you conniving bitch?

Fiora's head floated in small circles almost independent of her shoulders as the magus spoke. Distantly she tried to regain control now that her body was in less distress. She'd trained for moments like this, she'd BEEN in moments like this, but never had she been caught so off guard by such an opponent.

Fiora: Night of your feast...using him to...revenge on Raka...brought me to Walker. I drugged him and...make a man...but...

Her mind was screaming inside her skull to stop. Dima was leaning forward, his sharp eyebrows bent like arrow heads as if to prod her with them to keep talking. The drugs pushed her on.

Fiora: He thought I was Jade...started talking about sigil. Dunno what happened...made oath to me thinking I was her.

Dima's anger boiled but it was harnessed.

Dima: I have to decide what to do with you but I can't have your sister see you like this.

He rose up from the bed and while she hovered around on the chair, he prepared a draft to help her forget what happened. It wouldn't pay to upset Jacintha while he needed her.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

August 3rd, 2015, 1:34 pm #42

Raka listened with a quirked eyebrow as he explained the vows and the markings. He felt his eyebrows knitting together in consternation. He shook his head, clearly not understanding how he could bind himself to something so... permenant. Just as Walker didn't understand his and Jacintha's arrangement, he had no idea why Walker would put up with age old traditions that kept a man from his baser instincts.

He looked back up at Walker when he asked about the itch. Raka smirked. "I wouldn't know. Never felt that." He was implying the trust. He'd never had a relationship based on trust. He flexed his hands, the Ram stomping impatiently for something to do. He thought back to his dream for a moment and shook his head. "Its an act. Lets off steam. Relieves stress." He narrowed his eyes at Walker, and crossed his arms over his chest again. "You can't have sex? At all? So. That means you haven't." His eyebrow lifted slightly in skepticism.

------
Jacintha armored and weaponed up, and soon she was clicking down the hall towards Dima's tower where she was to meet and discuss the details of their plan. Soon enough she was knocking on his door and awaiting a response. She was eager to go out and DO something.

Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

August 4th, 2015, 8:55 am #43

Walker realized he was being made fun of, he clenched his jaw against the annoyance he was feeling but he managed to put it away. Raka wouldn't be making fun of him if they weren't friends. And, well, since he was his friend...

Walker: Ha! I'm perfectly capable of performing the act physically. I could take a woman tonight if I chose but there would but I would lose everything. It's difficult to explain but there would be serious physical effects as well as cultural.

Then he paused and stared at the ground, wondering if he could spot the large lizard again.

Walker: But no. I've never been with a woman.

Dima placed the medallion into the palm of her hand and she was suddenly aware again.

Dima: Hear you go child.

She looked at him as if seeing him for the first time. Somehow she was in his room, what was he giving her? Magical communication, that floated up into her consciousness and it felt right. There was a knock at the door, on the other side was Jacintha.

Dima: Perfect timing. Fiora caught up with me and insisted on being present in the creation of our device. You can give it to her now, you know it's safe.

Fiora stepped woodenly to Jacintha and presented the medallion in her head.

Fiora: It is safe, my sister.

She pinned it to Jacintha's collar and then stood aside.

Dima: I will be carrying its twin. To initiate a parlay speak my name three times quickly.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

August 4th, 2015, 1:53 pm #44

Jacintha accepted the medallion without question when Fiora placed it firmly in he rhand. She was curious for a moment the expression on her flower's face... but then Dima gave his instructions. Jacintha nodded with confirmation of understanding and crossed her arms. "Shall I go now? Or did you have something specific in mind?" She would acquiesce to whatever Dima decided. Her eyes flashed over to Fiora every once and a while to be sure she was well.

-----

Raka's lips twitched up ever so slightly at the corners when he felt Walker's aggitation. He cocked his head in thought at his words. "If they tell you that you can't, do they even teach you how? Or is it one of those 'traditions' where they tell you all about it so you can know exactly what you're missing?" He scowled near the end of his words, clearly having his own experiences with cruel traditions. For a runt of the litter, traditions are less known then... felt.

He cast his eyes out over the sands and stuffed his hands into his pockets. He couldn't seem to keep still. Every muscle was still tense and weary, expecting bandits or soldiers to jump out at any second. He didn't add anything else to the conversation about sex, but instead he asked, eyes still scanning the dunes. "What about your parents?" It was unclear as to what about his parents he was asking - did Raka want to know what they thought of his sigil? Did they plan his birth? Did they care? He didn't lock eyes with Walker, so any feelings were hidden behind the wall of his own tension.

Raka's eyes drifted back to camp right after he asked the question, and he saw Shara and Mid'gha. As his eyes passed Walker by, there was a glimpse of something hidden for a long time in them, stirring now maybe because of Walker. Maybe because Raka thought they were friends.

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

August 4th, 2015, 6:10 pm #45

Walker: I'm sure my parents have sex all the time.

It was his turn to poke back. He chuckled as he felt his tension relax from his shoulders.

Walker: I'm going to assume you're inquiring about my parents in a general manner. My mother was an herbalist and healer; and my father was the Master of Combat. They always seem so incompatible with their natures being so opposite, but it worked for them.

Walker hesitated before asking about Raka's parents. He knew the man hated his background.

Walker: Is there a reason you vary so differently from the rest of your kin?

The question sounded awkward the moment it left his mouth and he regretted it, especially since it was too late to take it back.

Dima: I trust your methods, Jacintha. All I ask is that you be discreet about my involvement, otherwise handle it as you see fit.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

August 4th, 2015, 6:30 pm #46

Raka snorted, a short, abrupt laugh when Walker mentioned his parents having sex. He was lightening up to Walker's sense of humor. He listened politely, eyes still scanning when he described them. When he had finished that Raka shrugged. "They played off of each other's strengths." It seemed like a natural reason to pick a mate that was so opposite - what you didn't know, they would figure out and visa versa.

WHen Walker asked him about 'his kin' Raka's eyes snapped to his, and he held that stare. Several dozen instinctual rebuttals clamored for a chance to escape, the only one squeezing past was a vehement, "They aren't my 'Kin.'"

Raka opened his mouth to let some more of them out - then he dropped his eyes. His mouth shut for a moment and before this could get any more awkward, Raka moved his mouth and words came out. "The average height for a Tanjuri male is 6'8". Upwards of three hundred pounds of muscle. Magical gifts with Earth or metals." He shifted uncomfortably, hoping that he had accomplished inferring himelf as a runt. "They have traditions that weed out weakness among their number." He looked back at Walker and did his best non-commital shrug. "I'm supposed to be dead. That sort of sets me appart."

----

Jacintha smiled, bowed curtly, and walked from the room. She was weaponed up and rearing for a fight. So when she arrived at Edgar's rooms, and Thug and Bruiser were standing guard, she smiled. It was a thin-lipped affair that looked far from pleasant, and her eyes smoldered. "I'm here to see Edgar. Let me in, or I will remove you from your posts."

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

August 4th, 2015, 9:00 pm #47

Walker: It turned out my parents had a very similar drive for their passions. My mother patched people up while my father strove to enhance his skills because if he was good enough he could stop people without injury.

Raka continued about his family and he listened intently.

Walker: It most certainly sets you apart from them.

Only he meant it as a compliment.

Walker: So Tanjuri are strong in the elements. Is that why you wield flame with such savagery? And why do you fight with a chain? I've always been curious.

Recruits and staff jumped to attention. They had quick reflexes hammered into them, it meant their survival. Thug stepped into the room, leered at Jacintha then Bruiser walked in, clapped his brother bout the head and stepped forward.

Bruiser: Ee's gettin ready to chase affer dem stone twerps. Can ya meet up with him?

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

August 4th, 2015, 9:16 pm #48

Raka felt some tension inexplicable leave him as Walker seemed to well, address the topic differently then anyone else. He, too, seemed to think it was a good thing. Raka's edge diminished as he shook his head at Walker's questions. "I was never skilled with an element. Not until Aries. Now I'm stronger then any of them." A hint, a flash, a brief glimmer of obsession - then gone. Raka moved on.

He smirked. "I killed one of my captors with a chain early on. He was careless, and I was ... rambunctious. I... like it. I guess." He shrugged, the half grin indicating that truly, there were no further reasons for the chain. He was obviously proud of his skill level with it, hard work and torment paying off into a weapon. "I like how it moves." He uncrossed his arms and rolled his shoulders, then gestured at Walker. "YOu mentioned the sword was traditional. What about those things in your sleeves? Did you get to pick them?"

Raka didn't think about what could have happened had he mentioned the lost and broken blade. He wasn't very well peopled, and it would be plain he meant no malice in the statement.

-----

Jacintha looked from Thug to Bruiser, and her vision narrowed. Her eyes took on a half-lidded, seemingly sensual demeanor, and she shifted her weight. It loked like she was cocking a hip. It might have even looked suggestive. But then her right leg came up and nailed Bruiser in the chin, knocking his head back. Usng the same force, she dropped the right and swung out the left leg and knocked Thug on the side of the face. She spun, unsheathed her blades, and hooked them on Thug and Bruiser's necks. She was between them now, arms crossed. Her height meant she didn't have to reach up for leverage, and the sharpened edges were precariously pressed against their skin.

"I'll need to see him now."

Gigantor
Advanced Member
Gigantor
Advanced Member

August 5th, 2015, 12:32 am #49

Thug and Bruiser were blindsided by the woman's martial skills and before they could adjust, hooked blades had them under control. A door opened in the back on the wall Jacintha was facing and out stepped Edgar carrying saddlebags over a shoulder and wearing a think cloak with the hood up. Already the smell of his burnt flesh spread throughout the room, and some of his boys were already gagging behind their hands.

Edgar: Your bed friend has left me with a memento. Do enjoy it. Now, release my boys and get to why you're here. You have my attention.

He pulled the hood back, choosing at the last minute not to hide his appearance. He need only hide the truth of his situation.

Walker had forgotten that Raka had been a slave under two different masters. As he thought that, he realized that might not be the full truth.

Walker: So you've never lived without someone treating you like property instead of a living being? No wonder you scowl so much. When you feel right about it, I'd like to hear about those times. They may not be good but they helped form you.

The tusks in his sleeves were mentioned and he slipped them out and held them up.

Walker: I earned these. They are the tusks of a windsinger, a large beast from my homeland. They use these to dig through the frosted ground for roots and other foods. This makes their tusks extremely sharp and durable. During my trials I lived in the woodlands and the beast was my neighbour, an old creature that had left its pack to live out its remaining days.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

August 5th, 2015, 12:51 am #50

Jacintha released Thug and Bruiser with a rough push, and quickly sheathed the blades and turned to look at Edgar. The smell hit her first, and she didn't flinch. When he pulled back the hood, all she managed was a raised eyebrow. She tried her best to ignore his comment and fell into step beside him. "I'm going with you on your hunt. Consider me on loan by the Sultan."

She didn't look at him for long. She wasn't as tall as he was, but she was close. She was also visibly confident and mentally stable. She continued, "It's a good thing my horse is already prepared."

----

Raka looked at Walker for a long minute after the silence stretched for a moment. He weighed some thing in his mind, what he should and shouldn't say, what he didn't want Walker to know, and he ended up just going to a darker place and dropping his eyes to the floor. He shrugged, rolling his neck. "Your turn to sleep. My watch."

As Walker turned away, Raka said, "Walker." Raka's left eyebrow twinged and he turned to make a lap around the camp. As he did, he muttered, "Thanks." He dropped it at that and set himself to a boring, sand-filled evening.