Moderator: Oru

Chainless

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 7th, 2016, 11:20 pm #1

A brief history!

The setting begins outside of the city of Lorien, the home city of the Vampire Slayers.
The main characters, who we all are, are various descendents of Alena, the first Chainless Vampire.
Vampires in this world are all Chained to their masters. This means that when their Master uses their true name, they are completely unable to go against their Master's commands. These normal vampires, who are all male, are called the Chained.

Alena, through coming into contact with the blood of Nathra, the Vampire Mother, became the first female vampire, besides the Mother of course, and she became the first Chainless vampire. She and Nathra, who's spirit resides within her, theorized that they had a shared ancestor, and this shared ancestry allowed them to be Chainless.

The main characters in this thread are all descendants of Alena. They can be male or female, and all are Chainless!

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 7th, 2016, 11:33 pm #2

Raena, or Rae as she was known to her family, crouched on the branch and looked out at Lorien. The home of the Slayers.

Their grandmother, Alena, had told them about this place. The stories had made Rae hate the Slayers. They had killed her uncle Kole, just for being a vampire.

A gust of wind blew through the trees, knocking Rae's bangs into her face. She tucked them back behind her ear, the rest of her dark black hair was in a high ponytail that fell to her tailbone.
She lifted her face to the wind, taking in a deep breath through her nose. They were downwind of the city wall.
She looked to her sister below her, her cat like gold eyes shining in the night, and her pupils narrowing to slits.

"Do you smell that? Their guards are on alert for us. Somebody must have informed them of our mission. We've got a traitor back home." Rae said.

Her snow white skin gleamed in the moonlight, until she called the shadows around her.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 7th, 2016, 11:40 pm #3

Irena was on the ground, crouched a few feet ahead behind some brambles. She too took a deep breath. She smelled fear, leather armor, oiled steel.

She had golden eyes, like her sister, but her hair was a rich, dark auburn, cut short to her shoulders. She wore soft black leathers, excellent for skulking around, and pair of thin fingerless gloves up to the elbow.

"Oh I smell it. I bet you ten silver it was Wren, that slimy, conniving...." She growled.

She was infamous for her wretched temper. She silenced herself as she glanced back and up towards her sister. Rae was the brains of the operation, and Iri thought that worked out just fine. "...What do you want to do?"

Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 8th, 2016, 12:34 am #4

Rae adjusted her own fingerless gloves, her outfit very similar to Irena's. The main difference was Rae's cloak which was made of sleek black leather lined in dark red dyed wolf fur. Her longsword, which had been their mother's, was belted to her hip.

Her own scent, so much like the scent of pine and rain, washed over her as the wind changed direction.

"We have to fetch the Relic that the Slayers stole. It's the Vial that contained the Blood of Nathra that had Turned Grandmother. I suggest we use the sewer gate that she told us about." Rae paused. "I will discuss this issue of possible betrayal with Wren when we return to the Keep." She said.

Rae, as the oldest of the six siblings, was deemed their 'Commander' since the six of them were a type of squad. It was her duty to watch over them and reprimand them if need be. She was also responsible for everything they did.

Rae, thankfully, was known for her level head but also for her ferocity.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 8th, 2016, 12:59 am #5

Irina scowled in agreement of her observations, and nodded. She smiled to herself - she loved skulking about, sneaking to and fro - and mortal humans were so gullible.

She moved up ahead, scouting briefly the border in the direction of the sewer grate. When she saw that it was unguarded, save for some humans high up on the wall, she returned to Rae. "The grate is scantily guarded, and I can make short work of any lock." She snickered.

As much as she liked telling the lower levels what to do, she was perfectly content being under her sister's instruction. She wasn't stupid - but she was impulsive, rash, and rageful.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 8th, 2016, 8:49 am #6

Rae pulled the shadows around her and her sister.

"If we move slowly with the clouds, we will appear as nothing more than their shadow even for the most watchful eyes. While you pick the lock, if there is one, I'll watch above." Rae said.

She pulled her hood up.

"When we get inside, we need to work quickly but quietly." She added.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 8th, 2016, 1:14 pm #7

Irina smiled, and waited until she felt the cool embrace of her sister's shadows. Sometimes she envied this skill - for someone who liked to skulk around as much as Iri did, it would have been a useful trick! But no, as fate would have it, Irina was merely very strong and very fast. At least, those were her proudest skills.

She nodded at her sister's words, and together they closed in through the brush towards the sewer grate. They had to pause for a moment as the clouds shifted and the moon beamed down, but once the clouds were back in place, Irina and her sister bolted forward, adn Irina immediately went to checking for a lock.

Look at that - there WAS a lock. Clever little slayers.

She took out a small, rolled canvas that was tied tot he small of her back. Untying it and fwipping it open, it revealed several slender lock-picking tools, which she put to use right away.

((PS - double parenthesis is Out of Character speech. Also, on the home page at the bottom is a little chat box, feel free to post there to alert me to your updates if you want. And now - go! lol))

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 8th, 2016, 6:43 pm #8

Rae waited for her skilled sister to pick the lock. That was something she had never been very good at.

She watched the wall above them, and when one of the guards above seemed to look in their direction, she deepened the shadows to hide them from sight. It took longer than was comfortable for her for that guard to look away.

When Iri finished with the lock, they darted in and closed the grate behind them.

Using sign language, Rae signaled Iri that they were heading straight for a ways, and had to turn right, then left to come to the next long passageway.

They walked, as silent as the shadows themselves even in the echoey sewers.

"A benefit that we don't have to breathe if we don't wish. I have a strange feeling about this." Rae said telepathically to Iri.

Telepathy was a skill all of the vampires possessed, but without a lot of practice with it, it could cause headaches.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 8th, 2016, 6:54 pm #9

Irina crept along once the door was secured behind them. it was dark - just how she liked it. There was a thin, narrow little river at the center of the tunnels where waste would be flushed from the city cisterns. Luckily, it must have been recent, because it smelled a lot better then it could have smelled in there.

She glanced over at Rae and responded telepathically, "I don't like it either. If Wren betrayed us, he knew about this tunnel too... wouldn't it be better protected?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 8th, 2016, 8:13 pm #10

"That's my thought exactly. The smell isn't horrible in here but it masks a lot." Rae thought to her.

A pebble skittered across the ground somewhere ahead of them. Rae drew a dagger as silently as she could.

Something was moving around ahead of them, but it was around the corner. They couldn't see what it was.

"That sounds like footsteps. Someone, or multiple someones, are trying to move quietly" Rae thought, lowering into a crouch with a feral look on her face.