Moderator: Oru

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 16th, 2016, 8:19 pm #41

Irina smiled. She loved to run. it was one of her favorite things - the wind rushing past her, the care of her step so she didn't falter - it was exhilarating. So she grabbed Juris' arm and ran. At first Juris let out a surprised (and most likely terrified) Yelp, and then after he managed to get his feet under him, he rather quickly caught on to their pace. Irina even heard him laugh as they darted through the trees. Irina smirked over at him.

Only the once, though.

At this rate, they would make it before sunrise, with Rae leading the way.

Shout out to all those players I miss, and the new friends I make.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 16th, 2016, 9:07 pm #42

Rae relaxed only when they were through the hidden gates of their home. A few of their kin, mainly cousins, saluted them. She nodded to them and led Iri and Juris to Alena.

The matriarch of the Rogues was nearly a hundred years old, very young for a vampire. But her youth in no way meant she was weak.

She stood at five feet, seven inches tall. Her hair was a darker black than even the darkness of the cave. Her eyes were gold, and they glowed. Her eyes were the sign of her bloodline. All of her children and grandchildren had the golden eyes. Her skin was whiter than snow, without a single imperfection marring it's surface, not even a scar. She looked at them as they walked in. Even to this day, it still nearly took her breath away at how beautiful Alena was. She didn't look any older than twenty-five.

Her style of dress was very simple, to the surprise of many. She dressed in a simple red tunic, black leggings, black boots and a black belt. A black cloak lined in violet hugged her shoulders. Twin silver longswords were crossed on her back, a remnant of Alena's time as a Slayer. She had thick leather gloves attached to her belt, for whenever she drew her swords.

There were four others in the meeting room as well. Her and Iri's mother, Maelyn, was there. Their Aunt, Namira and her twin brother, their uncle Kole, stood side by side. Namira and Kole were on ly half vampire, having been born when Alena was still human.

Their grandfather, Elias, stood at Alena's side. He was hundreds of years old, having reached the vampiric age where the tips of his shoulder length hair had started turning white. He was Chained, but his master, the Vampire Lord, had been killed by Alena.

Rae and Iri's father had died some years ago, killed by Slayers. Namira's husband was off on a mission and Kole's wife was the one in charge of training the young.

"Welcome back my dears. Judging by your smiles, I take it you were successful?" Alena said, her voice as smooth as satin.

Rae bowed.

"We were, Grandmother. Iri has the Relic. Allow me to introduce the sole remaining vampire prisoner of the Slayers, Juris. Juris, this is Alena, Matriarch of the Chainless." Rae said.

Alena fixed him with her powerful stare, and he tried very hard not to be noticed. Alena's brow furrowed. She blinked and Juris fell to his knees, unable to speak. Alena looked to Rae and Iri.

He is not Chainless, girls. Chained are forbidden here, you know the rules. Why have you brought him here?" Alena asked calmly.

It always surprised Rae when Alena used her powers so easily against vampires. It made her wonder how strong the Matriarch would be against a human.

"His master is dead, Grandmother." Rae said simply.

Alena inclined her head, and allowed Juris to get back on his feet.

"He is Liberated then. Elias? What do you propose?" Alena said, looking to her mate.

He looked at Juris, and then at his granddaughters.

"I would like to hear from Irina as well." He said, his voice as soft as always.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 17th, 2016, 12:33 am #43

Juris was both infuriated and terrified when he was made to kneel befoe the stunning leader of the vampires. He hd half a mind to say something scything about controlling people's will - but one look from Irina silenced him preemptively.

He simply stood there staring at the floor as others evidently decided what to do with him. NO precedent? WERE there precedents? He wasn't even allowed here evidently! He could have just gone his own way and been done with these people, but nooo he had to stay and face judgment for something that was ultimately not even his fault....

When Irina was addressed, she gave Juris a look. She tuned to her grandfather and bowed her head in submission. "I don't think he can be trusted - being what he is - but ... he's alright. He could have run at any time. But he didn't. ANd they tortured him." Her lips curled into a snarl, and she grabbed Juris' arm.

Juris protested until she glared at him, and she held it up to them, anger alight in her eyes. "They bound him with silver and burned him with blessed water." She displayed his closest arm, striped still with silvery spots and bracelets of silvery scars from the shackles.

Juris groaned quietly, and mumbled, "I had worse when I was alive, really, no big deal..." Being a thief for a living had its downsides. Then you die and what happens? Torture. Just his luck.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 17th, 2016, 1:15 am #44

Rae looked at the scars and then at her grandmother and grandfather.

Alena's face had become stone. Her pupils became narrow slits and she was as still as a statue, her eyes locked on the silvery scars. Elias placed his hand on her shoulder after a moment, drawing her out of her own head.

Elias always wore his arms covered. Alena had saved him from basically the same fate. His scars were a constant reminder to Alena that she hadn't arrived in time to save him from the pain.

Her gaze shifted from Juris' arm to his eyes. He seemed more uncomfortable having the Matriarch's gaze directly on him. In her anger, her fangs had started poking from her upper lip.

She gestured to the seats on their side of the table.

"Sit if you so desire, all three of you. Juris, who did that to you? Tell me how you came to be." Alena said.

This rapid change in their grandmother surprised Rae. Alena was pointedly always calm and collected. Rae didn't speak.

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 17th, 2016, 3:01 pm #45

Irina sat immediately, and fixed Juris with a glare. So... he sat too, trying to tug the scraps of his sleeves back down over his arms. The intensity bothered him.

When she asked who did what and things, he sighed. "I was made into a vampire by a guy named Old Boris. After he died - " Which he did NOT explain, of course, "Soem slayers found me and assumed I knew things. I'm... sorry, but Boris mentioned your name, my lady, on maybe one other occasion, so i ... dropped your name in hopes it would get them to release me." He looked at the floor. "But that wasn't one of my more clever ideas. It just made things worse. The Lord Slayer did this to me. I think... Gabriel. Lord Slayer Gabriel."

Irina hissed in anger, clenching her fists on her knees as she sat. If Rae glanced at her sister's mind, she would see the budding sympathy for the chained vampire there.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 17th, 2016, 4:15 pm #46

Rae did see that in her sister's mind, but she didn't do or say anything about it so she wouldn't draw attention to Irina.

The Lord Slayer has the strength to torture a vampire? How is this possible? He's older than I am by about five years." Alena said.

Then Alena's eyes widened and she took something out of her pocket. It was.... the Relic? When had Irina handed it to her?

Rae caught her grandmother's line of thought and she spoke up.

Gabriel showed signs of being vampiric. At least in part. I am.... unsure of what that means." Rae said.

Alena unstoppered the Relic, and everyone in the room could just... feel... the power inside. A faint red mist came trickling out of the vial.

"The bastard used some of the Blood of Nathra. He wasn't as compatible with her as I was... so the change was only partial." Alena paused, her eyes unfocusing for a moment.

All of Alena's family knew that Nathra herself resided within Alena. Nathra and Alena could speak to each other in their minds.

We have much to discuss. The three of you are dismissed. We will summon you when we're ready." Alena said.

Raena and Irina stood. Juris did after receiving a look from Irina.

"What would you like us to do with Juris, Grandmother?" Rae asked.

Alena surprised them all.

Welcome him to our home. You are safe here, Juris. Your situation is very similar to my husband's. I would not turn you away. Rae, Irina, he is in your care." Alena said.

The three of them left. Rae was surprised. Grandmother's hatred for the Chained had always been apparent... but then again, like she said, Grandfather was... Liberated was the term Grandmother used.

Ever the obedient granddaughter, Rae spoke to Juris.

"Well Liberated, what would you like to see? I just have to go take care of a certain sibling of mine and Irina's..." Rae's pupils narrowed, and she looked at Iri. "Care to come take care of the traitor with me Iri?"

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 17th, 2016, 5:30 pm #47

Juris had no idea what to think, at this point. However, he was glad to be alive still. Or rather, un-alive still. However you said it. He followed the two women out - Irina and Rae as he recalled. When Rae politely asked him what he would like to see, he held his arms out at his sides and scowled down at himself. "Would it be too much trouble to find a change of clothes and maybe a bath? I believe I would be much better company after a bath."

irina snickered, and made a show of waving her hand in front of her nose like he smelled bad. Juris scowled at her. Iri snarled. But it was the playful Iri snarl. Alena's decision had made her very satisfied.

"I think we should show him the gallery after he's been primped."

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 17th, 2016, 5:42 pm #48

"We can give him one of the unoccupied rooms and send a thrall with some clothes." Rae said.

They led him to one of the rooms and showed him the bathroom within it, and then gave him privacy.

"What do you think of this situation sister?"

Oru
Advanced Member
Oru
Advanced Member

June 17th, 2016, 5:48 pm #49

Irina watched Juris go and the door close behind him. She turned to look at her sister and shrugged. She feigned disinterest very well, but there was something about this guy - he was... funny. But back to the matter at hand.

"I think Lord Slayer needs to be dealt with, right along side Wren, that deceptive little shit." She slammed a fist into her other palm to emphasize her displeasure. She thought a moment. "But ... if the Lord Slayer has managed a partial bloodbond then who knows what other gifts he has... we should be careful. Perhaps research or spy and see what we can find." She hated research. it was well known.

She glanced in the direction of the spare room as a thrall came by with some clothes and slipped in. "As for him? He's annoying." But she smirked.

Juris scrubbed as hard as he could to get all the grime off. He used whatever soap was available, any sponge, a towel, his own fingernails, anything to get himself clean. When that was done he even cut his hair back a bit. When he got out of the steamed up bathroom there was clothes waiting for him. He put them on and they fit alright - the sleeves were a bit short, so he rolled them up to his elbows. he had to tighten the belt, but as a whole he looked leaps and bounds better then before - when clean and well dressed, he looked positively roguish.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 17th, 2016, 6:02 pm #50

Iri's smirk made Rae smile. Iri didn't like very many people, she was picky about who she liked. Rae was one of the few. If Iri likes Juris, at least a little, then Rae felt more comfortable trusting him.

They waited for Juris, and when he came out he looked like he felt much better. With his sleeves rolled up, his scars were very evident... Seeing that one of her kind had endured so much.. it made her sick. If it had been one of her siblings... if it had been Iri.

Rae would have let the shadows EAT the entire city where the Slayers resided. Even if expending that much power killed her.

"Let's go deal with Wren." Rae said calmly, though on the inside she was roiling.

She drew her blades and stalked towards Wren's usual haunting grounds. He would be in the training hall at this time.

They arrived quickly and quietly. Juris seemed intrigued at how this would play out.

Wren was sitting on the table that held some of the weapons, talking to a few of their cousins. He saw Rae and Iri and waved, then he saw their expressions and he.... he actually paled a little. Rae hadn't thought it was possible for vampires, but he was scared of them enough.

As he should be. Rae and Iri were the oldest of the grandchildren and the best.

He tried to bolt, to the surprise of their cousins, but Rae literally grabbed him with a giant hand made of shadow and threw him to the ground at their feet, and she crouched next to his body, touching the tip of her sharp nails to his throat.

"You really messed up, Brother. Betraying the Matriarch and the Bloodline is punishable by death, and you're under MY command. You should know I don't treat my foes kindly. Honorably yes, but not kindly." Rae said.

Iri was at her side, growling softly at Wren.

"I-I-I don't know what you're talking about!" Wren whimpered.

Rae smirked. She was waiting for him to lie, and she could sense this was a blatant one. She would imagine that even an unpracticed Vampire could sense his lies.