Womens basketball releases schedule

machogeek

August 7th, 2018, 5:23 pm #1

Highlighted by payback road games with Lamar, UCF, and Cal, the schedule is out.    San Jose St, Davis, UCSB, Fullerton, Wyoming, N. Dakota State, and Seattle U are the other D1 games with one versus S. F. State and one versus William Jessup to start the season.  4 D1 games and home and six on the road.    Looks like they needed two more D1 games somewhere.    Wyoming, UCF, Davis, Cal, Davis, Seattle and Lamar made the post season last year.  

Kemo 1966

August 7th, 2018, 10:14 pm #2

@Macho... looks like they are going with a 28 game schedule (D-1) an [18 game WCC] and  a (10 game OOC).   2 Div II or lower practices?   A tougher schedule than last year's .... especially on the Road!
I was surprised by the 18 WCC.... then of course, the Zag's were only worried about the men's side...... looks like the Ladies didn't rate any special circumstances ????    I will be interested whether the men open up prior to Jan 3?🤓
BE NOT FORWARD BUT FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS; BE THE FIRST TO SALUTE, HEAR, AND ANSWER; & BE NOT PENSIVE WHEN IT'S TIME TO CONVERSE. Rule #66 of George Washington's RULES OF CIVILITY & DECENT BEHAVIOR....

machogeek

August 8th, 2018, 10:26 am #3

The men usually post their schedule first so this was a minor surprise.   I have seen the womens schedule show up as late as October in the past. I think with Higgins, our 6'5 center, the two transfers from Colorado St, and the gals from France and Pittman High we will fare pretty well and enter conference with a winning OOC record.   I see us winning at least half of our road games and all our home games. Wyoming is the toughest home game and while they have almost as many players over six feet as us, their tallest are all 6'2 and we  have Higgins and Tall Cars to offset their height and overall experience.  We are stronger this year than last, with more height and experience.   Higgins is our first true five star ever.  Five last minute, and in a couple of cases, last few second, buckets meant a losing season last year.   We will beat Davis, San Jose St, Fullerton, and maybe Lamar and UCF as well.  We may give Cal a scare since they are only the second D1 game of the year and they might not get a full scouting report from the Davis game a week earlier.   

I was disappointed we didn't have Fresno St and Nevada back on the schedule and would even have been happy to at least see Montana back on there as they are a consistent winner.   Long Beach and Hawaii dropped off as well.  Long Beach had a terrible year last year but Hawaii was respectable.   I can see us going at least 18-10 in the regular season and maybe as well as 22-6.   I think post season is definitely in the mix even if it is most likely in the WNIT.    

Kemo 1966

August 8th, 2018, 9:59 pm #4

😎I like your 'rosy' outlook!   I too think this is a 'tougher' team than the last two and more talent!   Hopefully they mix well early.......as for the WCC, we are back on the "Pair of traveling teams".... and we have St Mary's as our traveling partners.......WHICH IMO, GIVES US AN EDGE!   They are an EXTREMELY PHYSICAL TEAM... which will bold well for these Tigers on the road!  This is a 'DUO' most Coaches will not want to see:  BACK TO BACK!!!!  Barring injury, looks like the French Lady will Red-shirt this year?  This is DAVIS's team now, and we shall see how 'they respond' to his coaching style!  Also, Brown has brought a 'new attitude' ..... they were tougher down the stretch last year and had some success in the Tourney which should bold well for this years squad!   I just hope 'Lidy' gets off to a good start and isn't "forgotten"......  do we have any 'eyes in practice sessions?  
BE NOT FORWARD BUT FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS; BE THE FIRST TO SALUTE, HEAR, AND ANSWER; & BE NOT PENSIVE WHEN IT'S TIME TO CONVERSE. Rule #66 of George Washington's RULES OF CIVILITY & DECENT BEHAVIOR....

machogeek

August 9th, 2018, 8:43 am #5

I thought Brown was a good hire but I hadn't heard how effective she was.   I think all eyes will be on the men and we won't here that much from our few posters on this side of the site.    I did see in the pics posted on the WBB site that our gal from Pittman has been practicing with the team and she is now listed as 6'2.....She just may be the sleeper that gets a lot of time as a freshman like McDavid did.  ...I think we can gain at least a split with the Gaels this year and we just missed it last year on the last second shot that went in because McDavid had just fouled out.   Still trying to figure out whether coach will start Li or the transfer from Colorado St at point guard.   I also wonder whether he will get Tall Cass a lot of minutes right a way or feed her into the lineup slowly.   The only thing I am sure of is that Higgins and McDavid will start unless injured.  I dont know if coach will run Higgins as a guard or forward or both.   I know I want to see the Higgins Newman tandem renew their magic from their high school team, but with Lidy and Blakeslee more experienced at guard it is much harder to figure in who will play and in what order.   Sophie, Sumsion, and Parker give us that extra depth at forward, even though Parker has a long way to go to be effective.   I am Soooooo happy to be in this situation with so many possibles in the first five and second five.  Practices can be a lot tougher when you appear to be at least 10 deep in starters.........

Kemo 1966

August 9th, 2018, 9:30 pm #6

Yes Kaylin looks like a winner out of the gate!   Also the French Guard "Jo" Milliard could be a gem in the rough! The RS is Callie from Colo St. ... played two years will sit one and be heir apparent to Li's departure!  Looks like a 'deadeye' combo guard!   I'm putting together my "CLOSER's" ....list and will watch the OOC to see if anyone works their way on or off the list!  I thing 18-10 would be the "Feel Good Line" of success.   Anything below, a disappointment and anything above,  HATS OFF TO THE LADIES!!!!!!!! IMO😎