Team back ...bbq and kick ball

Kemo 1966

September 12th, 2018, 3:33 pm #1

Only 13 in the picture...missing. Savy' (Sumsion) and Valerie (Higgins).   Hopefully, Val's Mother is doing o.k.?

BE NOT FORWARD BUT FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS; BE THE FIRST TO SALUTE, HEAR, AND ANSWER; & BE NOT PENSIVE WHEN IT'S TIME TO CONVERSE. Rule #66 of George Washington's RULES OF CIVILITY & DECENT BEHAVIOR....

Kemo 1966

September 15th, 2018, 5:09 pm #2

Looks like we have a quorum...14 ;

Sumsion must be taken a sabbatical for her mission.

BE NOT FORWARD BUT FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS; BE THE FIRST TO SALUTE, HEAR, AND ANSWER; & BE NOT PENSIVE WHEN IT'S TIME TO CONVERSE. Rule #66 of George Washington's RULES OF CIVILITY & DECENT BEHAVIOR....

machogeek

September 15th, 2018, 6:32 pm #3

If Sumsion is going on her mission then we will see more of Tryggsddon, Milliard, and Randhawa in the front line..... Makes it more likely that Cassidy Johnson will start sooner as well.....could be the best thing for the team in the long run .....

Dropbear

September 16th, 2018, 4:12 pm #4

I never quite got on board the Sumsion train. Happy that others may get there shot.

machogeek

September 16th, 2018, 10:32 pm #5

I'm not ready to give up on Sumsion.  They had to throw her under the bus with a brutal learning curve last year and while she may not be a four star player she had a major adjustment to playing at a higher level than she had in Utah, while Mcdavid had been playing all the tough California schools and their 4 and 5 star players, including 5 star Aquira Decosta of St. Marys......Newman and Tillman were not all that impressive last year either adjusting to the D1 college game.....I think McDavid is the far better player but Sumsion is someone who may take until the later part of her third year to fully develop and be able to give us the height depth we so badly need up front....

Dropbear

September 18th, 2018, 6:05 pm #6

Agree that Sumsion was given a tough task last season and she tried to do all that was asked of her. When I look to buy a house I take a good look at the foundations. I sensed with Sumsion that some of the foundations required for Div 1 were not quite there. I feel she would struggle with the athleticism required in Div 1 - her movement was a little ponderous and her aggression at both ends of the court was tepid. Those things can't be taught they are part of your DNA. I see her as a handy bench player topping out with about 9 - 11 minutes per game.

machogeek

September 18th, 2018, 6:56 pm #7

I see her playing that roll as well.... even fewer minutes if Milliard, Randhawa, and Tryggsddon come thru......